2nds Peel Thunder 2019

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
All over, looks like we defended ok but the damage done in the first quarter.

Attachments

• A150FF26-D9F8-4BC5-BBE7-57132D666D81.png
    A150FF26-D9F8-4BC5-BBE7-57132D666D81.png
    474.6 KB · Views: 109

PurpleReign

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
I was hoping to see a bit more from the kids today. Sturt has some ability but he might be a bit of a slow burn with his development like Crozier was. Dixon is slow and lethargic and doesn’t seem to be able to go and find the footy when it’s not being kicked directly to him. North is capable but doesn’t have any eye catching traits. We’ll have to wait til next year to see if Cam can get it together. I still think Duman is better than Nyhuis but at least Nyhuis looks a class above in the lower tier. O’Reilly doesn’t look good enough to make the grade. Bewley was serviceable. Ballas kicked OOTF and missed targets by foot when kicking into the corridor but was still probably the best of the Dockers playing today, which says a lot about the quality of our developing kids. Disappointing day.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
I don't think O'Reilly has been injury free for two years.

Yeah, I think O'Reilly can be cut some slack for now. He's been picked up purely with an eye for coming years. Not sure how much of a out that is, but in fairness we need to let him build a bit of continuity/fitness before we make a call - surely that's how the club are looking at it?

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
You could make an argument that if he is good enough to play AFL then he might not have been available for us to select for free like we have.
As it stands right now, you'd be making a pretty weak argument. And that's only, as you say, if he's good enough to play AFL. If he's not, there's no argument at all. That’s to play out. I'm actually in the camp that likes to draft his type. So I'm hoping he comes good.
But why you'd draft a player who has been injured for 2 years (if that's true) is a bit beyond me. Even if it's a free hit, I'm sure there's better options.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
His own stats have dropped away also. The other thing I noticed with North is he has been moved around a bit - tried in the backline and then forward line without great success. I’d say he is in trouble. Not quick enough unfortunately.

Wasn’t he good mates with Cerra? Maybe it was the ole ease the real star in? I call it the Alex Forster (for Lachie Neale) or Shane Kersten (for Joel Hamling) strategy.
Alex Forster meant we didn’t get Brad Hill or Joel Hamling in 2011. 👎🏽

And in 2011 it was Forster who was the second round pick, while Neale was a 4th rounder. Maybe they picked Neale to keep Forster happy.

All those scenarios are pretty ****ed up really. Traded to get Hill and Hamling in, traded Neale out. Forster delisted after 2 years... * it, footy can be shitty sometimes.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was hoping to see a bit more from the kids today. Sturt has some ability but he might be a bit of a slow burn with his development like Crozier was. Dixon is slow and lethargic and doesn’t seem to be able to go and find the footy when it’s not being kicked directly to him. North is capable but doesn’t have any eye catching traits. We’ll have to wait til next year to see if Cam can get it together. I still think Duman is better than Nyhuis but at least Nyhuis looks a class above in the lower tier. O’Reilly doesn’t look good enough to make the grade. Bewley was serviceable. Ballas kicked OOTF and missed targets by foot when kicking into the corridor but was still probably the best of the Dockers playing today, which says a lot about the quality of our developing kids. Disappointing day.
Yep, it’s a pretty dry well at Peel.

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, I think O'Reilly can be cut some slack for now. He's been picked up purely with an eye for coming years. Not sure how much of a out that is, but in fairness we need to let him build a bit of continuity/fitness before we make a call - surely that's how the club are looking at it?

Will he get to be as good as Snads who seems to have developed along quite well this year.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Will he get to be as good as Snads who seems to have developed along quite well this year.

Not sure who you're referring too :$

Either way, I'm not particularly hopeful for O'Reilly TBH, I would put money on him not making it. Just doesn't seem to have that natural ability despite reasonable physique and pedigree. But I'm also willing to hold off and see where it all lands. I was also implying that the club would have known that he wasn't going to be able to show too much this season despite using the mid-season pick on him - though I'd have hoped for more myself, that is really what I was saying.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Not sure who you're referring too :$

Either way, I'm not particularly hopeful for O'Reilly TBH, I would put money on him not making it. Just doesn't seem to have that natural ability despite reasonable physique and pedigree. But I'm also willing to hold off and see where it all lands. I was also implying that the club would have known that he wasn't going to be able to show too much this season despite using the mid-season pick on him - though I'd have hoped for more myself, that is really what I was saying.

I think he is referring to Luke Strnadica who used to be with us. Strnadica had a lean patch early on in the season but is now putting some very good numbers on the board. Still looks AFL level for mine if a club wants a player who can play either forward or ruck, but don't know about the work ethic.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle

Needs to live in the gym over summer and build some size and strength.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who is everyone tipping to be Peel coach next year? One of our development coaches? One of our current assistants? Or someone from outside our club? Maybe Dan Haines?

Back