2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Sharpy has played 5 games and is already shaping as an all-time recruit lol. We really should be saying daily morning prayers to Gold Coast and Stuey Dew.
To be honest, Gold coast knew Jeremy Sharp wanted out and wanted to join freo at the end of 2022. Sharp was contracted and held on to him.

Funny thing was, they told him you wont play any AFL games for the suns in 2023, enjoy playing in the Local ressies. Good on Sharp to stick it out and Hang tough.

Glad freo got him. After losing so many bloody wingers, about bloody time we got one back, and for free too.

Can we recruit Wilson as a forward pocket in the mid season draft? Yes for the lols but he's probably just as dangerous as Walters
Oh god Yes...

Suprised he wasnt given more game time at the dockers before he was delisted. Was Nathan Wilson really cooked or really decling that badly?

Oh god Yes...

Suprised he wasnt given more game time at the dockers before he was delisted. Was Nathan Wilson really cooked or really decling that badly?
imo only he was just excess to needs in his position. he actually started the year in b22. he did seem pretty lazy in peel once it became apparent that he was done at afl level

imo only he was just excess to needs in his position. he actually started the year in b22. he did seem pretty lazy in peel once it became apparent that he was done at afl level
I would of gave him or even travis Coyler another season on the dockers list in 2024 as depth. both were outside players anyway. Both would of been handy depth as C graders.

I occasionally scratch my head in the past on players we delisted. Like in 2021, we got rid of both Tobe Watson and Taylin Duman. I wouldof kept one as depth. We kept Joel Hamling but delisted him a year or 2 later.

Another suprise was back in 2016. Got rid of Barlow, De Boer, Clancee Pearce, Nick Suban and Tendai Mzungu.

getting rid of Barlow for me looking back was down right stupid. I rather of kept him for one more year. He would been a free agent in 2017 too. So at worst, we would of got a compo pick back.

I would of kept Clancee Pearce and Matt De Boer for one more season too.... but thats my personal opinion.

I would of gave him or even travis Coyler another season on the dockers list in 2024 as depth. both were outside players anyway. Both would of been handy depth as C graders.

I occasionally scratch my head in the past on players we delisted. Like in 2021, we got rid of both Tobe Watson and Taylin Duman. I wouldof kept one as depth. We kept Joel Hamling but delisted him a year or 2 later.

Another suprise was back in 2016. Got rid of Barlow, De Boer, Clancee Pearce, Nick Suban and Tendai Mzungu.

getting rid of Barlow for me looking back was down right stupid. I rather of kept him for one more year. He would been a free agent in 2017 too. So at worst, we would of got a compo pick back.

I would of kept Clancee Pearce and Matt De Boer for one more season too.... but thats my personal opinion.
The club is damned if they do and damned if they don't.
For many years we carried players that were never going to take us anywhere.The supporters, jusdt like now were screaming, get rid of this one, get rid of that one.
We delist them and the supporters yell and sceam, why did we delist this one or that one.
Most of those you mentioned were list cloggers.They had their day and we needed to refresh.
I go back to early days with Bond and Fletcher. I would have kept hem both to give the kids guidance and teach them.Maybe keeping Fletcher we could have had a FS selection.
I liked Pearce, but his time was done, DeBoer looks like a bad decision, but, you win some, you lose some.

Ok people don't agree with me but I think we are lacking a lead up defender in our team. That is not Ryan, nor Cox and unless Pearce just had a bad game, it isn't him either because he certainly couldn't go with Waterman. I have been watching Davies but I'm not sure if he is the guy. Anyone notice if he is quick enough. I know he can close down Sokol etc but is he quick enough for quick Afl leading talls?

Ok people don't agree with me but I think we are lacking a lead up defender in our team. That is not Ryan, nor Cox and unless Pearce just had a bad game, it isn't him either because he certainly couldn't go with Waterman. I have been watching Davies but I'm not sure if he is the guy. Anyone notice if he is quick enough. I know he can close down Sokol etc but is he quick enough for quick Afl leading talls?
Alex Peace is 198 cm. Draper has only played a handful of games and stands at 197 cm.

Ryan is 187 cm or 188 cm, Same With Ethan Hughes.

In some games, we could get away With Just playing Alex Pearce at Full back and Ryan at CHB.

Saying that, I liked draper so far. He is bascially getting games until Brennan Cox Returns from injury. I am cool with that.

Alex Peace is 198 cm. Draper has only played a handful of games and stands at 197 cm.

In some games, we could get away With Just playing Alex Pearce at Full back and Ryan at CHB.

Saying that, I liked draper so far. He is bascially getting games until Brennan Cox Returns from injury. I am cool with that.
Pearce 201.

I want to know who on our list is capable of playing on a quick leading forward. Cox and Ryan don't/won't Pearce looked like he struggled with Waterman and we have had issues with other leading forwards before. Are Draper or Davies quick enough to play that role?

I want to know who on our list is capable of playing on a quick leading forward. Cox and Ryan don't/won't Pearce looked like he struggled with Waterman and we have had issues with other leading forwards before. Are Draper or Davies quick enough to play that role?
Chapman and Hughes are quicker than Pearce and Ryan, however since Logue left, we really don’t have anyone who can go with the really mobile guys like Curnow, Jez Cameron or Waterman on the weekend. Before the game I thought the matchup would be Pearce on Darling, Draper on Jack Williams and Hughes on waterman. Leaving Ryan to roam around blocking the leading lanes. It seems that wasn’t coaches plan and Ryan’s lack of pace was exposed repeatedly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Brandon Walker

Maybe Brandon Walker
Definitely quick enough. Just size will be the issue in some cases. Interesting that no-one thought either Davies or Draper could do it. Murphy doesn't look like closing speed is his forte either, even though he has been playing on smalls for Peel. But he looks impressive nonetheless.

To be honest, Gold coast knew Jeremy Sharp wanted out and wanted to join freo at the end of 2022. Sharp was contracted and held on to him.

Funny thing was, they told him you wont play any AFL games for the suns in 2023, enjoy playing in the Local ressies. Good on Sharp to stick it out and Hang tough.

Glad freo got him. After losing so many bloody wingers, about bloody time we got one back, and for free too.
We have lost a few but Hill, Acres, Aish and Sharp were all ring ins. Quite amazing really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back