Peel Thunder Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Peel Thunder Supporters Thread - 2009

Does anyone want to give me their contact number??

I seriously think I am good enough to get a game. I am still injured but would still put in a better performance than some of the players.

How about you and I, peterss rock up together maybe for a training session???

Does anyone want to give me their contact number??
I seriously think I am good enough to get a game. I am still injured but would still put in a better performance than some of the players.
What's your name and last club played for? I'll do some research.

Unbelievable

An absolute joke

Too strong. Too strong. Too classy. Too good

A record smashing 194 point victory (yes, one hundred and ninety-four points, it's not a typo)

Where to start??!!...

Jonesy was outstanding as usual with 10, if he wasn't so unselfish he could have ende up with 14 or 15.

Richo good again with 6 or 7, gee Chad Jones' eyes must light up when he sees Richo with the ball in his hands, hits him on the chest every single time.

And of course there were the other regulars in Brabazon, Blackwell and Yu.

I could not name a Claremont player who didn't pull his weight today...although there was little/no presure coming from the opposition.

It was an absolute training drill for Claremont...Peel are a joke

Shame we couldn't kick 1 more to make it our first 200 point win in history

PEEL THUNDER TAKE A NOTE, DUMP ALL OF THOSE USELESS PLAYERS AND SELECT THE PEEL CAV's A-TEAM AND BLOOD IT WITH SOME OF THOSE CHAMPIONSHIP COLTS PLAYERS.

Peel Cav's runners up in A grade
Peel Cav's colts champions of B grade

I believe the best side of these 2 teams will probably beat peel. Would have my money for sure on the PFL to beat the Thunder

PEEL THUNDER TAKE A NOTE, DUMP ALL OF THOSE USELESS PLAYERS AND SELECT THE PEEL CAV's A-TEAM
Players such as:
Greg Sanders
Shane Creevey
Danny Watson
Ryan Budd
Matt Thomas
Ben Wright
Phillip Polenz-Saw
Michael McCann
Justin Baker
Clint Heal
There are 10 Peel Football League "A Squad" members who are former Thunder players who, for whatever reason, no longer play for the Peel Thunder Football club. I'm sure there are others in that team as well. Maybe if those players were still at the club then the results on the field would be a bit more positive.

I remember Ben Wright use to go OK, I will never forget those red boots he use to wear. They would blind your eyes.
Well I guess Peel have a recruiting problem (they can't convince the cattle from their own region to play for them.) Blood the U/20s team now they will be as keen as mustard to play WAFL. start them in the reserves for 2 years and soon build them up to league level.

It just seems Peel have no development plan what so ever to try and improve. Are they hoping the pick 1 in the WAFL draft will help them out again next year?

Well I guess Peel have a recruiting problem (they can't convince the cattle from their own region to play for them.) Blood the U/20s team now they will be as keen as mustard to play WAFL. start them in the reserves for 2 years and soon build them up to league level.
It is harder for Peel to retain players more so than any other WAFL club due to their location. If they recruit a player from Waroona or Pinjarra or Bunbury the player will continue to live in those towns while playing for Peel, thus making the return to the players club of origin easier. Where as if Claremont recruit a country player from Albany, the player moves to Perth, making it harder to just up and return home.
Peel share their home ground with the Mandurah Mustangs, if a player has a disagreement (and every club has players who think they should not play reserves), all they would have to do is switch training nights and put in a clearance.
I bet if you asked the PFL colt's team, they would not be keen to do a two year apprenticeship in the Reserves when they can play for their home town, right now with their mates. Not to mention that a vast majority of them would have played Colt's at some stage for Thunder, so the opportunity has already being offered to them.

Pinjarra isn't that far from Mandurah but I see your point with the other locations. This is why Peel Thunder the club needs to do something to retain these players some how. They do recruit people to manage the club well.

does anyone have a legitimate contact number i have a mate keen to move there would be well known to under 18 watchers in recent years also

Peel Thunder are so damned hard to get a hold of. I've fired off an email to their admin, only to not hear back from them! :( I'm a journo for an upcoming e-mag, and i'm keen to do an article (ok, maybe i'm a bit bias on choosing the club, cos they're my hometown club), yet i've heard nothing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the colts they pack up months ago and probably won't get back to you until pre-season training which should start around December.

What players are you interesting in interviewing? The older crop or the younger crop? Despite their past achievements some of their players are an egotistical bunch so I would be reading their answers to your questions with some interest.

Thought I would get this page underway again. Looking for a much brighter season in 2011 and I believe the boys are shaping up quite nicely. Have signed Bendigo Bombers Captain James Flaherty and Sturt's CHF/FF Ryan Herring aswell as securing Kristen Thornton (Returning from a few years at Sydeny) and brother Ash (returning to the club from a stint with Perth). Rhys Healy from Melbourne's rookie list is close to signing with the club and this would be a major boost.

To go with this we have another pre season under the belts of guys like Luff, Mason, Green, Gillam, Piggot and Butcher.

Heres my team for Rd 1

FB: Luff, Flaherty, Gillam
CHB: Triplett, B.Wilson, Mason
C: Crichton, J.Jone, K.Thornton
CHF: Butcher, Herring, B.Holmes
FF: Battye, A.Thornton, Mat.Brown
R: Williams, Healy, B.Jones

INT: McLeod, Beswick, Green, Piggot, M.Holmes, Eddy

Thought I would get this page underway again. Looking for a much brighter season in 2011 and I believe the boys are shaping up quite nicely. Have signed Bendigo Bombers Captain James Flaherty and Sturt's CHF/FF Ryan Herring aswell as securing Kristen Thornton (Returning from a few years at Sydeny) and brother Ash (returning to the club from a stint with Perth). Rhys Healy from Melbourne's rookie list is close to signing with the club and this would be a major boost.

To go with this we have another pre season under the belts of guys like Luff, Mason, Green, Gillam, Piggot and Butcher.

Heres my team for Rd 1

FB: Luff, Flaherty, Gillam
CHB: Triplett, B.Wilson, Mason
C: Crichton, J.Jone, K.Thornton
CHF: Butcher, Herring, B.Holmes
FF: Battye, A.Thornton, Mat.Brown
R: Williams, Healy, B.Jones

INT: McLeod, Beswick, Green, Piggot, M.Holmes, Eddy

What about B.Thornton Brunos? I assume he is coming back down with Ash? Or you just don't think he will cut it at league level? Has Buzan left/retired?

Defence looks very young and I feel this will be their downfall. Midfield looks good, forward line is ok but not great.

Again Johnny Bennell you feel is not good enough or has he had enough?

Peel colts own WAFL colts competition.

The others just make up the numbers so the colts can play in the competition.

Not a bad start to the season for the thunder. Everyone predicting them to get belted by a similar margin to last years game when they got done by 194. They stayed strong all day and did not get blown out of the water. Eventually going down by about 50 points.

Recruits James Flaherty, Ryan Herring and the Thorton boys were all very good as were the AFL players Faulks, Wilson, Jones, Crichton.

You would have to say they would be a good chance against souths this week, with the bulldogs going down to Perth on Friday night.

congrats to the Peel boys for their first win of the season! Great endeavour and persistence. Keep up the good work - got to hand that wooden spoon to Perth again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back