Game Day Peel Thunder v's South Freo Bulldogs. Prelim Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
Oh what a big day for WAFL football. Peel looking to make their first grand final, ever.
South's looking to make the big one for the first time since 2009. A lot has happened since 2009...Abbot beat Turnbull to become the Libs leader, only to be ousted by him again later. Then major dust storms swept across eastern Australia....So you could say 2009 was a bad year....But back to the football ;)!
These 2 sides have met 49 times with SF holding a staggering 39 to 10 margin. But this is a final, history means bugger all. (Unless you're a WCE supporter, then history means everything ;))!
Kick off is at 2:40pm @ Fremantle Community Bank Oval. (Formerly known as Fremantle oval)...
Televised (thanks Channel Eagle :))! For those of you absent from a TV, the game can be watched live here: https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/live/
Clear your cookies and lie about your postcode if interstate. If ASIO track you, blame fat fingers for typing the wrong postcode ;)!
Quite excited about the game really. Looking forward to Fremantle, sorry I meant Peel, marching into a GF showdown next week against the Lions!
Apeness to kick 4, Yarran with 3.
2016 Sandover medalist MDB BOG ;)!
Go the Thunder! Screenshot from 2016-09-18 10:38:44.png

Last edited:

Yep thats it...Saving him for a big GF against the powerful Subi ruck brigade. Smart move Peel, smart move ;)!
He was named in the squad though. Just not named in the Freo list of players. Whats going on?!!
Griffin can kick 50m out , clarke more mobile , so hannath stay at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh what a big day for WAFL football. Peel looking to make their first grand final, ever.
South's looking to make the big one for the first time since 2009. A lot has happened since 2009...Abbot beat Turnbull to become the Libs leader, only to be ousted by him again later. Then major dust storms swept across eastern Australia....So you could say 2009 was a bad year....But back to the football ;)!
These 2 sides have met 49 times with SF holding a staggering 39 to 10 margin. But this is a final, history means bugger all. (Unless you're a WCE supporter, then history means everything ;))!
Kick off is at 2:40pm @ Fremantle Community Bank Oval. (Formerly known as Fremantle oval)...
Televised (thanks Channel Eagle :))! For those of you absent from a TV, the game can be watched live here: https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/live/
Clear your cookies and lie about your postcode if interstate. If ASIO track you, blame fat fingers for typing the wrong postcode ;)!
Quite excited about the game really. Looking forward to Fremantle, sorry I meant Peel, marching into a GF showdown next week against the Lions!
Apeness to kick 4, Yarran with 3.
2016 Sandover medalist MDB BOG ;)!
Go the Thunder!View attachment 290069

Had a good chuckle reading that :thumbsu:

Really looking forward to this one, so many of our boys out there!

Keen for another look at Marlion (yes thats how its spelled) Pickett too. He's another like our S Yarran who had a bit of trouble in the past and seems to have found his redemption in family and playing footy. I don't know if he has what it takes to play at the next level but gee he's got some class and style about the way he plays. Potentially another Rodger the dodger the way he gets through traffic. His little bro can play a bit too.

Will be so exciting if Peel can make their way into the big one. The rest of the WAFL will bitch and moan but thats what they signed up for (much like I bitch and moan about GWS now they are a powerhouse and still creaming the draft).

Will be so exciting if Peel can make their way into the big one. The rest of the WAFL will bitch and moan but thats what they signed up for (much like I bitch and moan about GWS now they are a powerhouse and still creaming the draft).

They also didn't care for the 15+ years Peel constantly were doing well in Colts before all their players got drafted or picked up by the better WAFL clubs. I can't wait for this, would love Peel to get up!

On another note, how has Schloithe gone since being let go by us?

They also didn't care for the 15+ years Peel constantly were doing well in Colts before all their players got drafted or picked up by the better WAFL clubs. I can't wait for this, would love Peel to get up!

He's becom a serial ducker from what I've seen.

He's killed it but unfortunately for him his kicking will never be AFL standard. Great WAFL player though

I've only seen bits and pieces but he always looks like a gun at WAFL level. I still think he had the talent to play AFL but perhaps not the temperament or work ethic. Good player.

His kicking is as good as 5/8 of our list and better than about half. That wasn't his problem. As E Shed said, work ethic wasn't good enough.

There's probably a few in all clubs that don't all have the same work ethic, doesn't mean they can't play football, work ethic is an overrated at times ahead of natural ability, skill and vision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back