Game Day Peel Thunder v's South Freo Bulldogs. Prelim Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno about Hughes, I kind of agree with - the gifts are there but is the understanding school of thought. A lot of work to do there I think.
He makes me think of hyphen name who isn't a hyphen name anymore at Port (Pittard). The same lazy grace and can do one thing you think wow and then something horrible. But its more than that, its the fearless way Pittard will back himself every time to make the high risk high reward play. I think Hughes has that. That sidestep today was just poetry to my way of looking at the game. He may frustrate but I think he'll be good.

He makes me think of hyphen name who isn't a hyphen name anymore at Port (Pittard). The same lazy grace and can do one thing you think wow and then something horrible. But its more than that, its the fearless way Pittard will back himself every time to make the high risk high reward play. I think Hughes has that. That sidestep today was just poetry to my way of looking at the game. He may frustrate but I think he'll be good.
I hope so, i had high hope of him but i start to doubt myself on ethan. I hope he dont turn out to be c.pearce/ ibbo slow decision and fumble is really hard to watch.

Just finished watching then reading this thread

Very excited that Peel are into a Granny, Deboer needs another contract here or elsewhere, Clarke needs another contract here, Deluca gets another contract.
Balic, Blakely, Tucker, Langdon all jets
Hughes and Nyhuis have something and for one thing atleast Hughes has time on his side (signed til end of 2018?)
Silva gets another contract here or elsewhere.

My $10 put on Peel for the flag @15 about a month ago is looking very promising! Definitely helps that I kept track of us having 21 players qualified to play finals which the bookies obviously didn't take into account when setting those odds, as soon as the AFL players came back to the WAFL we have started dominating. Expect next week to be much closer as Subi are a class above the other WAFL clubs

Yeah that's not a bad analogy. Pittard I think is a much better kick but they are of course physically very different players. For me I think it is touch and go as to whether he can contribute consistently enough to overcome the inevitable WTF moments that will occur.

Nyhuis is the same size as Silvagni and very close to Collins. Big lump of a lad who if he keeps growing we could have landed a KPD by default. There was a post that suggested Freo delist him. In my humble opinion he is definitely a keeper.

Nyhuis is the same size as Silvagni and very close to Collins. Big lump of a lad who if he keeps growing we could have landed a KPD by default. There was a post that suggested Freo delist him. In my humble opinion he is definitely a keeper.

Interesting that he hasn't got a second year afaik, yet Uber has.

Doesn't seek or get a lot of the ball, but doesn't lose many one on ones.
Guess his role would be as a Nick Smith type?

Mundy, Neale, Fyfe, Blakely inside. Hill, Weller, Tucker, Balic, Langdon outside. That is going to be competitive against most. Finally we have something in the shed and thats not even thinking about Sheridan and Crozier.

Plus Bennell and Sandilands. Hill Jr if he comes. Barlow if he stays. The A-team contingent of that midfield was the best in the game from 13-15. And the B-team is going to be better than what we've had before. I think it should be more than just competitive against most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our young uns don't have a lot of experience on Subi oval, though.

Do you reckon any of our coaching staff (i.e. RTB) are involved in strategy development vs. Subiaco?
We beat Subiaco at Domain this year so why the concern. In another game later in the season at Rushton Park Peel fell asleep after being about 4-5 goals up and Subi ran over the top of them in the last qtr to win quite well. That wont happen next week as all the boys are up for the big job at hand.

Tucker and Balic are the best one two we've landed in the draft for a while. Both will be good to excellent AFL players.

Balic just has that lightening mind where he sees it all unfold better than most others. He's a good size, doesn't seem to mind the hard stuff and has decent skills. Remains to be seen how creative he can be when he has time and space and a license to create but he looks to have the goods.
Tucker is smart, neat and tidy and gets to the right places. His best attribute (hopefully) is spotting targets going inside 50 and delivering on a dime.

Mundy, Neale, Fyfe, Blakely inside. Hill, Weller, Tucker, Balic, Langdon outside. That is going to be competitive against most.
Finally we have something in the shed and thats not even thinking about Sheridan and Crozier.

Yep the midfield and flankers are well covered, you might even say that with the improved performances of Zac that the ruck is also starting to look better.

So I HOPE WE ARE SERIOUSLY LOOKING FOR SOME FORWARD DEPTH because whilst I rate Apeness (and Taberner) as having potential our key forwards are far to green and could be smashed next year. I always look at Lobb and Hogan as a pipe dream so if that is correct we must get McCarthy and Kirsten over the line for next year. Hill should be just a pleasant possibility that we shouldn't lose our heads over.

Balic - Reminded me of Pendlebury when he was in traffic.
Blakely - Lamb lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
Tucker - Just looks like a really good player in the making. finds the ball inside and outside, makes good decisions and can kick really well.
Langdon - Hope he does sign on.

Do we really need to hang on to Langdon with Hillx2, Tucker, Weller, Balic and Bennell on the outside? Old mate DPearce is still hanging around too. Is Deluca playing on the inside or outside when he's not busy tagging?

Do we really need to hang on to Langdon with Hillx2, Tucker, Weller, Balic and Bennell on the outside? Old mate DPearce is still hanging around too. Is Deluca playing on the inside or outside when he's not busy tagging?
My take
Hill - Wing/Inside Mid (He is a pretty good inside mid now imo)
Tucker - Wing/HFF/HBF (whichever he excels at the most next year, think he is a better wing/HFF then HBF but others on here seem to think he is good on the HBF)
Langdon - Fwd pocket/flank (Ballas spot)
Weller - HBF (Looked very very good there in the final game and Bennell will more forward imo)
Balic - Centre (Mix of inside and out)
Bennell - HFF

D.Pearce on the scrapheap and B.Hill only really worth it for cheap, 3 wingers can work due to rotations so I definitely think he would fit in.
Have to remember that due to injuries and form that there is a good chance we will never have all these players in the same side, also still think Langdon and possibly Balic are flight risks.

We have a lot of upside going in to 2017/18 and beyond with some the Peel guys

I know it's only WAFL level, but damn there was some genuinely exciting moments in that game - am a bit more optimistic about the future now

We have some high quality mids and some great cover down back for the future - that Silvagni fella deserves to see his career out at Freo. Made the most of his opportunities when he had them at AFL level (did a number on Buddy - despite the 90 point loss) and has done his bit (and then some) when back at Peel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back