Religion Pell Guilty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet........and I'm sorry if you feel that this reflects upon you, it doesn't. Or shouldn't.

But yet.......there are complainants who make it up.

And as I have said a number of times now, and well before Comensoli said it, I don't think this accusation is entirely made up. I think only the time and perpetrator are made up.

EDIT: I will add, for what it's worth, that I specifically exclude you from my comment about relentless abuse. It wasn't you I had in mind.
There Are also criminals that lie.

You are the proverbial old man with his fingers in his ears saying not listening, not listening, not listening....

Just because you refuse to listen and hear the facts does not mean they are not true.

I offered up plenty of insight onto Pells offending and you did not even look at it. You did Not dispute any of the information. He is a serial abuser .

There Are also criminals that lie.

You are the proverbial old man with his fingers in his ears saying not listening, not listening, not listening....

Just because you refuse to listen and hear the facts does not mean they are not true.

I offered up plenty of insight onto Pells offending and you did not even look at it. You did Not dispute any of the information. He is a serial abuser .

What you offered up was bullshit that has been dealt with many times.

The Southwell claim. He was cleared. It was an allegation. It was never more than that.

In jail these disgraced Catholic child abusers do courses to address their criminal behaviours. Pell no doubt will have to enrol as he will have no chance of getting out on parole unless he does. He will have to take ownership of his crimes that IMV only scratch the surface of this man's evil life within the Church. So he can do 3yr 8 months or 6 years if he decides to not embrace the system. Other former priests in jail have done them and without mentioning names he said and i quote " If only this information had been available to me when I entered the priesthood I would not be in this position today" The Catholic Church in my lifetime except For the Muslims is the most evil group of people on the Planet. Wow they both just happen to be Religion.

What you offered up was bulls**t that has been dealt with many times.

The Southwell claim. He was cleared. It was an allegation. It was never more than that.
I though an allegation was all that was needed to put someone in jail?

That’s what you have been yelling about

That is the consequence of this Supreme Court of Appeal Judgement.

We can only hope it is quickly reversed by the High Court.

Not just for Pell's sake.
You missed my point

It’s very telling and sad that you have sympathies for a convicted child rapists

You asked my opinion and I gave it. Comparing kiddy fiddling to abortion if you consider abortion to be murder is not giving kiddy fiddling a heads up. Nor justifying it. And I dare say he was challenged to say which was worse.
The point was the Cardinal was saying that abortion is a mortal sin. Head off to your hell. Whereas kiddy fiddling is just a garden variety not such a big deal sin. Coupla Hail Mary's and on your way. Shows how little importance he placed on an horrendous act where the victim was vulnerable and had no choice.

kPIxfzC.jpg

The point was the Cardinal was saying that abortion is a mortal sin. Head off to your hell. Whereas kiddy fiddling is just a garden variety not such a big deal sin. Coupla Hail Mary's and on your way. Shows how little importance he placed on an horrendous act where the victim was vulnerable and had no choice.

I'm not sure you can reason that from what he said. One is worse than the other. He didn't say how much worse.

EDIT: Turns out, from your own link before, that Pell did actually condemn sexual abuse in the same statement. The media just ignored that bit.

Last edited:
What you offered up was bulls**t that has been dealt with many times.

Southwell found both parties to be believable - I don’t think you can say he was “cleared” as such, the questions still remain to this day

In jail these disgraced Catholic child abusers do courses to address their criminal behaviours. Pell no doubt will have to enrol as he will have no chance of getting out on parole unless he does. He will have to take ownership of his crimes that IMV only scratch the surface of this man's evil life within the Church. So he can do 3yr 8 months or 6 years if he decides to not embrace the system. Other former priests in jail have done them and without mentioning names he said and i quote " If only this information had been available to me when I entered the priesthood I would not be in this position today" The Catholic Church in my lifetime except For the Muslims is the most evil group of people on the Planet. Wow they both just happen to be Religion.
Correct and on current form George ain’t getting parole

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without question??
I'm absolutely certain that Richter questioned him relentlessly and that the appeal judges read those transcripts with great care.
You're doing nothing more than making an idiot of yourself.
But I guess that's what the Church is paying you to do.

They read the 2000 page trial transcript, viewed the recorded evidence of the victim and viewed the recorded evidence of many of the witnesses. They only viewed evidence which was available to the jury. They attempted to make it as close as possible to the trial. They all said the trail judge was exemplary, all agreed that the use of term impossible was not great and 2 of the 3 agreed with the jury verdict and did not experience a doubt.

They read the 2000 page trial transcript, viewed the recorded evidence of the victim and viewed the recorded evidence of many of the witnesses. They only viewed evidence which was available to the jury. They attempted to make it as close as possible to the trial. They all said the trail judge was exemplary, all agreed that the use of term impossible was not great and 2 of the 3 agreed with the jury verdict and did not experience a doubt.
Everything I have read, the authors have said that the witness was considered to be telling the truth. The witness in his original investigation was considered to be giving an honest account.

These are people who are paid a lot of money to dig and pick at stories to find inconsistencies and evasions.

A reasonable person then accepts that George Pell is a paedo. If later on reasonable doubt is shown, then it sucks to be him. That's the way the legal system works, for better or worse.

I can't really blame people who have been brought up in the system when they experience doubt that Pell is a paedo, but the consequences of that unreasonable doubt are that they are ridiculed.

Everything I have read, the authors have said that the witness was considered to be telling the truth. The witness in his original investigation was considered to be giving an honest account.

The crux of the matter is that 14 of the 15 people found the victim to be credible and reliable. That's a fact.

I can't really blame people who have been brought up in the system when they experience doubt that Pell is a paedo, but the consequences of that unreasonable doubt are that they are ridiculed.

You can choose to present facts and let the facts speak for themselves.

No I didn't. You've missed mine.

It might have become apparent to you that my sympathy is founded upon a belief that he is not a child rapist.
No you have been telling us that all it takes is an accusation to get thrown in jail

And here you are saying that this other case is just an accusation and nothing more...so why wasn’t Pell thrown in jail in that trial if there’s such a conspiracy against him?

You contradict yourself

I think perhaps Southwell was being kind to the accuser. He also said "serious questions as to the accuser's credibility".
That’s your view - 95% of people would disagree with you and may even suggest otherwise - he wasn’t cleared - George is a dirty pervert at best

And as I have said a number of times now, and well before Comensoli said it, I don't think this accusation is entirely made up. I think only the time and perpetrator are made up.
The mistaken identity argument is the biggest crock of s**t.

Victims don’t make a mistake on who abused them, especially when it’s someone they’ve known

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back