Religion Pell Guilty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps another of your Brethren who wasn't present during the trial either -as Melissa was - but who is also blessed omniscience.

Whatever. Melissa's anecdote reads like bullshit to me but I don't know because I wasn't there.

The decent thing would be for you to apologise, but I won't hold my breath.

Did you watch the appeal, where it was pretty evident that the evidence of the complainant wasn't as "solid" as so many have said? Will you be calling them out by name as those who ventured opinions on something they hadn't seen? I doubt it.

I described what I saw. I outlined the full circumstances and context in which I saw it.

End of story.

his getting out
they will drop it in a busy news week

If he does get out, that is, the jury verdict gets overturned (and let's leave aside for a moment personal feelings about the person involved) it's an absolute indictment on our criminal justice system that a bloke is allowed to rot in solitary confinement for (so far) 7 weeks whilst the Chief Justice swans around overseas when she damn well knew what the decision would be before she took off.

Whatever. Melissa's anecdote reads like bulls**t to me but I don't know because I wasn't there.

The decent thing would be for you to apologise, but I won't hold my breath.

Did you watch the appeal, where it was pretty evident that the evidence of the complainant wasn't as "solid" as so many have said? Will you be calling them out by name as those who ventured opinions on something they hadn't seen? I doubt it.

I described what I saw. I outlined the full circumstances and context in which I saw it.

End of story.
Quite happy to apologise, even though there was more than some flippancy in the reference.

Frankly, I'd rather believe the Walkley award winning journo who was there.

I'll call it as I see it BFB. Unlike you who is prepared to call it when you have haven't seen it.

Quite happy to apologise, even though there was more than some flippancy in the reference.

Frankly, I'd rather believe the Walkley award winning journo who was there.

I'll call it as I see it BFB. Unlike you who is prepared to call it when you have haven't seen it.

Specifically, what have I called that I haven't seen? I've been entirely upfront about what I did and didn't see.

And much of what I speculated was borne out in the appeal, was it not?

Unlike all the crap about "compelling witness who stood up to days or cross from the best".

He changed the date of the offence multiple times. Even the year!

If he does get out, that is, the jury verdict gets overturned (and let's leave aside for a moment personal feelings about the person involved) it's an absolute indictment on our criminal justice system that a bloke is allowed to rot in solitary confinement for (so far) 7 weeks whilst the Chief Justice swans around overseas when she damn well knew what the decision would be before she took off.

Maybe knows he will be released but wants him to suffer a little longer.

Courts shut down over Christmas. Why are judges taking extended holidays in the middle of the year ?

Its like Gil having a holiday every July. He has November through February where there is nothing to do...

Im not sure if you’re up with the Corrections System but he’s in protective custody for a very good reason - he would have lasted all of 10 minutes in mainstream - the legal system is blunt and imperfect as you would know - plenty of others have suffered far worse than George

Im not sure if you’re up with the Corrections System but he’s in protective custody for a very good reason - he would have lasted all of 10 minutes in mainstream - the legal system is blunt and imperfect as you would know - plenty of others have suffered far worse than George

I appreciate all of that.

Still, leaving aside our personal views on the individual, in hypothetical circumstances where the verdict is overturned, it is a disgrace that he has been left to languish in prison whilst the Chief Judge has had an extended holiday overseas. If she wasn’t going to be available to deliver a judgement, she should have excused herself.

Still, leaving aside our personal views on the individual, in hypothetical circumstances where the verdict is overturned, it is a disgrace that he has been left to languish in prison whilst the Chief Judge has had an extended holiday overseas. If she wasn’t going to be available to deliver a judgement, she should have excused herself.
Maybe there’s a bit of karma happening there

Once again, leaving aside one’s personal feelings about the accused.

It’s not often the public gets to see these things. It’s surely cause for some concern.
The putrid dogs of the Church seek to delay civil trials - their own can rot in jail for as long as the Chief Justice likes as far as I’m concerned - coppice

The putrid dogs of the Church seek to delay civil trials - their own can rot in jail for as long as the Chief Justice likes as far as I’m concerned - coppice

So we’re not leaving aside personal feelings about the accused, and neither is, apparently, the Chief Justice.

Wonderful this justice system.

So we’re not leaving aside personal feelings about the accused, and neither is, apparently, the Chief Justice.

Wonderful this justice system.

Poor George.
The only human in history who has had to wait while the slow wheels of justice eventually engage and move forward.
Regardless of the outcome of this appeal Bruce, I feel sure that you have been suitably, and publicly, outraged for other inmates who have been subjected to this apparent injustice.
You f***ing hypocrite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In jail - one does not deal with “hypothetical situations” - it’s about survival...it’s very basic and simple. Do you ever wonder why sex offenders are so despised by the general prison population? It’s because a significant proportion of inmates were offended against as children and as a result that has caused some issues down the track - not a “hunch” - an unreported fact - have a good hard read of the Paul David Ryan Case when the low dog gets sentenced next Monday and then pull your head in accordingly

Poor George.
The only human in history who has had to wait while the slow wheels of justice eventually engage and move forward.
Regardless of the outcome of this appeal Bruce, I feel sure that you have been suitably, and publicly, outraged for other inmates who have been subjected to this apparent injustice.
You f***ing hypocrite.

Actually yes I have. What about you?

Poor George.
You f***ing hypocrite.

Sig an avatar bet? Everything is shaping up to him winning his appeal

I was talking to Nuggs Bunny earlier and said to him that's how this country works. At age 30 I've seen it all. Worked at the bottom, overworked only to be paid with a paper clip. Then later in life also rode the property train like a boomer. And I tell you they don't know how easy they have it!

George Pell is IPA royalty and an Australian icon to most if not all boomers. Guilty or not. You'd be pretty silly to think he'll lose his appeal no matter how much you hate him

Sig an avatar bet? Everything is shaping up to him winning his appeal

I was talking to Nuggs Bunny earlier and said to him that's how this country works. At age 30 I've seen it all. Worked at the bottom, overworked only to be paid with a paper clip. Then later in life also rode the property train like a boomer. And I tell you they don't know how easy they have it!

George Pell is IPA royalty and an Australian icon to most if not all boomers. Guilty or not. You'd be pretty silly to think he'll lose his appeal no matter how much you hate him
If George is an icon...I would have thought the only worshippers that have his poster are the similar closeted “Georgie Boys” like Fisher, Comensoli & John Walshe

Tell me. What did you do to stop child sexual abuse in the 1970s?
In the 70s I was aged 11 to 21 so it didn't even enter my mind, I was just getting on with my life as best I could, I am a lucky one in that I never encountered sexual abuse personally or to my knowledge anybody I was close to.

During my working life I never worked in or near areas where adults were in positions of power over vulnerable children so again it never entered my consciousness at all, but if I had been in a position where I knew something abhorrent was happening I'm damn sure I would have known right from wrong and done something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back