Religion Pell Guilty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a mod you should choose your words much much more carefully. Nothing ever funny about anything related to child abuse. As a moderator you should step down. If there is an issue with a difference of opinion about politics or welfare etc then state it clearly, but this ain’t the thread to do it, don’t belittle or mock anything about child abuse. It’s disgraceful.
Gough has a history of this. When I mentioned how I got perved on in a public toilet cubicle from some guy looking over the wall he told me I must give off some vibe to gay guys and actually made out as if it was my problem.

I don't fully understand what the issue is here. Gough seems to be berating you for expecting empathy for your situation and those similarly placed, while you display no sympathy for the unemployed. There appears to be a misunderstanding happening here, which I don't fully comprehend.

I'll just say that I respect both you and Gough as genuine, concerned people who generally post impressively. Maybe a couple of PMs between you two might sort this contretemps out, if it's not already too late. Otherwise it has the potential to become sillier and more damaging to this board.

I've probably got different opinions to Craven Morehead on both the Pell issue and the unemployed. But it's possible to discuss the issues respectfully and rationally.

Gough is out of order here. but it's in line with his usual MO to conflate different issues to score cheap points.

Once again, vague slur followed by vague justification.

Is it your contention that a prisoner should not be able to write letters to his friends?
As a man of the law you should know that there’s nothing wrong with writing letters from prison to pass the time. The clown who posted it on Twitter is the one who should be facing some hard questions as it has the potential to lose George some privileges.

As for comparing himself to JC, I think that illustrates where George thinks he sits in the scheme of things...reality is very, very different

Once again, vague slur followed by vague justification.

Is it your contention that a prisoner should not be able to write letters to his friends?

Okay. Let me grab your hand and walk you through it, Mr Apologist.

Above a quote from The Age which read "Prison authorities are investigating whether disgraced cardinal George Pell broke prison rules after a letter he apparently wrote to supporters, comparing his suffering to that of Jesus, was posted on social media. I wrote in reply "If accurate, is there no end to this mans arrogance and egotism. What a pill.

Now, I would have thought it was abundantly clear my "arrogance and egotism" reference was to his comparison to the suffering and alleged crucifixion of Jesus. Add self absorbed, pompous, narcissistic to that. No one else seems to have had any problem with some simple sequential thinking.

At the weekend I was speaking with another brainwashed Catholic who still needs the prop of the moribund discredited business which is the Catholic Church - although his better half has seen the light and moved on. He still thumbs the rosaries. Still goes to Mass each week and the church more regularly. Still puts money into the coffers of the business. And when asked why, uses the usual response, his relationship is between him and his God. Which begs the question of just why he needs a church. Anyway, even he was pissed off that a convicted character who has 'suffered' some short term confinement in the pen - and treated very well given the circumstances I'm led to believe - would seek to compare his inconvenience with the suffering of JC. My guess is your beloved leader would have shaken his head with disdain at that self absorbed, narcissism et al too.

Okay. Let me grab your hand and walk you through it, Mr Apologist.

Above a quote from The Age which read "Prison authorities are investigating whether disgraced cardinal George Pell broke prison rules after a letter he apparently wrote to supporters, comparing his suffering to that of Jesus, was posted on social media. I wrote in reply "If accurate, is there no end to this mans arrogance and egotism. What a pill.

Now, I would have thought it was abundantly clear my "arrogance and egotism" reference was to his comparison to the suffering and alleged crucifixion of Jesus. Add self absorbed, pompous, narcissistic to that. No one else seems to have had any problem with some simple sequential thinking.

At the weekend I was speaking with another brainwashed Catholic who still needs the prop of the moribund discredited business which is the Catholic Church - although his better half has seen the light and moved on. He still thumbs the rosaries. Still goes to Mass each week and the church more regularly. Still puts money into the coffers of the business. And when asked why, uses the usual response, his relationship is between him and his God. Which begs the question of just why he needs a church. Anyway, even he was pi**ed off that a convicted character who has 'suffered' some short term confinement in the pen - and treated very well given the circumstances I'm led to believe - would seek to compare his inconvenience with the suffering of JC. My guess is your beloved leader would have shaken his head with disdain at that self absorbed, narcissism et al too.

Oh, ok. “If accurate....”

Is it accurate?

Another view that degenerates like Pedophile Pell and his cohort have which is an abomination is that they don't think they have done anything wrong. It is their view that they are simply children lovers, in their sick twisted deviant mind they actually think the children like it.

“My faith in our Lord, like yours, is a source of strength. The knowledge that my small suffering can be used for good purposes through being joined to Jesus' suffering gives me purpose and direction," the letter believed to be from Pell reads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

“My faith in our Lord, like yours, is a source of strength. The knowledge that my small suffering can be used for good purposes through being joined to Jesus' suffering gives me purpose and direction," the letter believed to be from Pell reads.

Is that it? Is that the monumental line? It looks to me more like he’s contrasting his situation with Jesus by the use of the word “small”.

Is that it? Is that the monumental line? It looks to me more like he’s contrasting his situation with Jesus by the use of the word “small”.

I know connecting your suffering with Jesus’s suffering is your bog standard Catholic teaching but on a personal thing don’t you think an innocent Pell could have stopped all this if he took the stand etc. surely the head of the Catholic Church in Australia needed to stand up in court and look everyone in the eye and show his innocence?
You can be guilty and still be suffering.

I know connecting your suffering with Jesus’s suffering is your bog standard Catholic teaching but on a personal thing don’t you think an innocent Pell could have stopped all this if he took the stand etc. surely the head of the Catholic Church in Australia needed to stand up in court and look everyone in the eye and show his innocence?
You can be guilty and still be suffering.

Firstly I think the connection was made by others to Pell and he merely referenced it and labelled it "small".

Secondly, I'm told by those far senior to me that it would have made absolutely no difference if Pell had taken the stand, and it's generally advisable not to. The weight of the evidence was so far in favour of acquittal that all that could have happened by Pell taking the stand is for his evidence to be twisted (as it was at the Royal Commission) and harm his case.

The verdict was described to me by one who has read the entire transcript and is no Catholic supporter as "simply bizarre".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps you could be kind enough to point me to the point. A bloke in jail wrote a letter.
That bloke is a convicted child rapist and his writting of letter or any interaction with the outside world should be monitored and controlled like any other criminal.

Sig an avatar bet? Everything is shaping up to him winning his appeal

I was talking to Nuggs Bunny earlier and said to him that's how this country works. At age 30 I've seen it all. Worked at the bottom, overworked only to be paid with a paper clip. Then later in life also rode the property train like a boomer. And I tell you they don't know how easy they have it!

George Pell is IPA royalty and an Australian icon to most if not all boomers. Guilty or not. You'd be pretty silly to think he'll lose his appeal no matter how much you hate him
Catholic royalty and most of them vote alp. It is a mystery to me why the 5% of the left who consider themselves progressive, think their fellow Luddites have similar views.

Most people, let's face it 95% would have done more than Pell. Also most people were not in a position to stop it like Pell was. He is scum.

Pell was in no better position than most others to stop it until he became Archbishop. When he became Archbishop he stopped it. (Cue the outraged "He offended himself!!!")

95% didn't do enough to prevent child abuse, and still don't. That there is the problem.

Pell was in no better position than most others to stop it until he became Archbishop. When he became Archbishop he stopped it. (Cue the outraged "He offended himself!!!")

95% didn't do enough to prevent child abuse, and still don't. That there is the problem.
how are things going in the jug house, george?

The other day I saw the clip from Q&A a few years back where George referred to "preparing young boys for communion" and getting very annoyed when the audience laughed in the middle of that. Looking back it seems farcical and disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back