Current Trial Pell retains honorary role at the Tigers

Are you comfortable with Pell having an official role in the AFL?

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No

Votes: 46 93.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The bloke should be drawn and quartered, to gutless to go back to Australia to face the music, him and so many like him need to be removed from the gene pool.
It disgust me that the RFC have anything at all to do with him let alone have in any type of position at the club.

I'm shocked and disappointed that the RFC has taken this stand.

REMOVED BECAUSE I HADN'T DONE MY RESEARCH AND IT WAS WRONG.

I would be interested to know why they've taken this stance when his reputation prior to even going to Rome was starting to take a beating when you consider what the role of a Patron is.

Last edited:
I'm shocked and disappointed that the RFC has taken this stand. The man has had years to return to Australia to face the accusations and chose not to and now it's apparently because he is too sick to do so. I would be interested to know why they've taken this stance when his reputation prior to even going to Rome was starting to take a beating when you consider what the role of a Patron is.
I get that having the facts right may be a stretch for most on BF but you do realise he returned to Australia for the committal hearing and will be here for the trial in the next few months. You also realise that innocent until proven guilty still exists?

I know bringing rational thought and more than half a brain into this may be crazy but try it sometime.

Last edited:
Ps

When quoting news articles, please summarise with links to the information source (do not quote the entire article verbatim). Please refrain from posting information from sources other than recognised news agencies.

Thanks

But its ok to hang, draw and quarter any footballer or coach for any matter not yet proven?

Nope.

However, very few footballers/clubs have the financial and political clout of a leading religious figure.

OK, so he is the Vice Patron of the club and Richmond despite scandal, decided to continue with this arrangement.

Why not include this in the OP?

And yeah, it was a terrible decision made in the middle of 2017. Given his involvement in the church response and ignoring the alleged child abuse allegations of his own, it is a completely inexplicable decision. This isn't a criticism of the club finding a respected community or religious figure to fill the role, it is bemusement as to why someone involved in systemic failure to protect the communities most vulnerable, would be given an important ceremonial position.

It’s my 3rd attempt at the topic. The first 2 threads were on the main board but got deleted. There was a fair bit of complaining by Richmond supporters.

I got sloppy with this one. I just copied and pasted an article.

I wanted it on the main board because I wanted maximum exposure. I think most footy supporters don’t know he still has an official role at Richmond, which I find disgusting.

Doubt he's even been to a game.

One of those cases where the club should have quietly removed him and the role. A Vice Patron would have the same impact on the performance of a club as the Vice Mascot.

He actually played for Richmond so he is a football person

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that having the facts right may be a stretch for most on BF but you do realise he returned to Australia for the committal hearing and will be here for the trial in the next few months. You also realise that innocent until proven guilty still exists?

I know bringing rational thought and more than half a brain into this may be crazy but try it sometime.

You are quite right and I've fixed that. It still doesn't change my view that considering that a Patron is normally a person held in the upmost respect of a club and is used for the purpose of promoting the organisation, that this choice is not a good reflection for the RFC.

It is expected to take up to two weeks for the complainants against Cardinal George Pell to give their evidence at an upcoming committal hearing, a Melbourne court has heard.

The 76-year-old will face the pre-trial hearing in March next year on historical sexual offence charges, involving multiple complainants.

About 50 victims will be giving evidence via video link.

It’s my 3rd attempt at the topic. The first 2 threads were on the main board but got deleted. There was a fair bit of complaining by Richmond supporters.

I got sloppy with this one. I just copied and pasted an article.

I wanted it on the main board because I wanted maximum exposure. I think most footy supporters don’t know he still has an official role at Richmond, which I find disgusting.

Fourth attempt. You completely derailed another thread with your Richmond trolling

Fourth attempt. You completely derailed another thread with your Richmond trolling

I wasn’t trolling. There’s weirdo Richmond supporters that keep bumping old threads. That’s trolling.

For some reason the Richmond supporters kept wanting this situation covered up

I wasn’t trolling. There’s weirdo Richmond supporters that keep bumping old threads. That’s trolling.

Not really. Just needs to be discussed in an adult manner in the appropriate thread. I do question your motivations on this given your previous posting

Because the fact it’s been plastered across every newspaper and tv need show in Australia is evidence of a cover up. Why you feel this is appropriate for bigfooty is beyond me.

Because the fact it’s been plastered across every newspaper and tv need show in Australia is evidence of a cover up. Why you feel this is appropriate for bigfooty is beyond me.

He was told to put it on the SRP board but somehow the mods have allowed it here. Strange.

Because he holds an official role at an AFL club. Disgraceful

Back