Pendlebury injured, cooked, as good as ever or just getting better?

Where is he at in 2018?

• Injured

• Cooked

• As good as ever

• Just keeps getting better

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Don’t see much wrong with his post, why are you whinging?

Well besides it being irrelevant to Scott Pendlebury it was completely incorrect about Nathan Jones, he was playing on a wing in a completely different role giving other players a run in the midfield while still getting some match practice.

As for Pendlebury I'd imagine you'll see the intensity and the care factor increase dramatically come round 1.

People are taking far too much out of these practice games.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
He’s slowing down with age - noticed the first signs of that happening to Nathan Jones Thursday evening against the Saints - though I’m surprised he held up as well as he did considering he spend the best years of his career as the sole competent midfielder in one of the worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition.
Nathan Jones played well and looked good I thought?

SuperSteele22

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would say he's just cruising through the praccy games and will step it up when the real stuff comes around.
This.

I can’t recall a practice game that he’s ever dominated to be frank. The guy is a smart footballer, a genuine fitness freak and his preparation is elite. He knows what he’s doing.

Rance2Mewtwo

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Everyone would be saying he looks as good as ever if he was playing in Richmond's midfield this year.

He's just playing for a bottom team right now so he looks worse than he is.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
Don’t see much wrong with his post, why are you whinging?

You honestly think the Collingwood of the past few years has been "one of the worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition."

Worse than the Sydney team that won eight games in three seasons between 1992 and 1994, or Fitzroy's 1996 season, or those University, Hawthorn, North, Univeristy, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, North, St. Kilda teams that went through seasons winless.

The Collingwood team that has finished 13, 12, 12, 11 and 6 in the past five years is worse than those teams? * off.

Don't give me bullshit about whinging. That flog's post reeks of bullshit bitterness after we kicked your piss-weak, heartless club out of the finals last year.

I bet you don't reply.

Brezsa

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
You honestly think the Collingwood of the past few years has been "one of the worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition."

Worse than the Sydney team that won eight games in three seasons between 1992 and 1994, or Fitzroy's 1996 season, or those University, Hawthorn, North, Univeristy, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, North, St. Kilda teams that went through seasons winless.

The Collingwood team that has finished 13, 12, 12, 11 and 6 in the past five years is worse than those teams? **** off.

Don't give me bullshit about whinging. That flog's post reeks of bullshit bitterness after we kicked your piss-weak, heartless club out of the finals last year.

I bet you don't reply.

If you read his post that part of his comment was about Melbourne, his own club.

Played 50% game-time (which is a very important distinction) so 12 possessions isn't great but would have easily been ~20 if he played the usual 80~85%. Probably a mix of cruising/easing back into it after being off with injury. Speed was never an asset of his and has generally been durable so I'd expect him to keep going for a while yet as long as he maintains interest.

The Collingwood team that has finished 13, 12, 12, 11 and 6 in the past five years is worse than those teams? **** off.

I bet you don't reply.

Mate, I love your rage, but you should probably check the post again, that was in relation to Nathan Jones playing at Melbourne during quite notably one of the worst eras of any club in football history.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton

I bet you don't reply.

This is a great tantrum especially considering how wrong you've managed to read the post.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
This.

I can’t recall a practice game that he’s ever dominated to be frank. The guy is a smart footballer, a genuine fitness freak and his preparation is elite. He knows what he’s doing.

Every year we seem to talk about Pendles playing off half back or not being fit or having to take a back seat in the pre-season...and every year he ends up being a gun still.

I bet you don't reply.
Boy oh boy. Take a deep breath and read the post again.

Dec 10, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Played 50% game-time (which is a very important distinction)
Wasn’t sure about his game time, this isn’t a surprise and explains the low outputs. Thanks for clarifying, makes sense to ease your champs into the season when in the tail end of their careers.

After the last two JLT games, I think Pendlebury should relinquish the captaincy and be relegated to the VFL until he can prove he is an AFL standard footballer. It's clear he's operating at a poor standard and clogging up the list, starving Maine of any opportunities in the AFL.
Not writing him off at all after the JLT games, just asking the question because I knew last year wasn’t his best, although injury certainly explains that.
Even if his output drops doesn’t mean shouldn’t be captain. While Collingwood has a great midfield group it is still young and needs someone like Pendlebury to provide the leadership.

Glad to see most pies fans aren’t worried about him and I look forward to seeing him play well this year. Him and swanny have been a couple of my favourite non Tigers players for a long time. Just a cut above the competition.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

I bet you don't reply.

LOL

He finished just outside the top 10 in the Brownlow last year despite missing 6 games & would have been at the very least in AA discussions if he'd played all year. The injury was a broken finger, so it's not as if it was a calf or hamstring that will continue to give him grief.

It's not unreasonable to suggest he will slow down a bit, but his game is not exactly built on athleticism and speed so at 30 it's probably a touch premature. A player with his footy IQ and skills and a history of durability could easily play into his mid 30s.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
still a champ but knows his body needs care so no need to to full pelt in a praccy match. look around at the top performers in the JLT and theres an underrepresentation of epic games from the 28+ crowd. they have nothing to prove and pendlebury is a lone champ in a mess of a team

Back