Pendlebury injured, cooked, as good as ever or just getting better?

Where is he at in 2018?

• Injured

• Cooked

• As good as ever

• Just keeps getting better

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop the Press

In breaking news a champion 30 year old AFL midfielder isnt dominating preseason warm up games.

Is this really thread worthy?

If at round 5 Pendelbury is struggling then discuss.

And where did all the Richmond 'experts' come from?
Probably not thread worthy, but didn’t want to ask on the pies board in case it came across as a troll.

Just asking the question, I didn’t think he was his usual best last year, assumed injuries, seen him in JLT this year and though the question was valid when combining those two games with last years output.

Not stating anything either way, just asking a question, so not sure how that makes me come across as a Richmond ‘expert’, but thought some people who watch Collingwood more than me could shed some light.

Anyway, happy for thread to be closed if it’s not discussion worthy. I look forward to seeing him back to his best because he really is silk.

Don’t see much wrong with his post, why are you whinging?

I would have thought "one of the worst worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition" would have finished bottom four some time in the past ten years.

Dont you think?

Reasonable call to say that post was "pathetic" given theres no evidence to support it.

I would have thought "one of the worst worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition" would have finished bottom four some time in the past ten years.

Dont you think?

Reasonable call to say that post was "pathetic" given theres no evidence to support it.

Are you genuinely this dumb?

Probably not thread worthy, but didn’t want to ask on the pies board in case it came across as a troll.

Just asking the question, I didn’t think he was his usual best last year, assumed injuries, seen him in JLT this year and though the question was valid when combining those two games with last years output.

Not stating anything either way, just asking a question, so not sure how that makes me come across as a Richmond ‘expert’, but thought some people who watch Collingwood more than me could shed some light.

Anyway, happy for thread to be closed if it’s not discussion worthy. I look forward to seeing him back to his best because he really is silk.

Polled 15 votes in the 2017 Brownlow despite not playing the last 6 or 7 games

Dont you think?

I've never understood why people think Collingwood supporters are a bit slow.

You honestly think the Collingwood of the past few years has been "one of the worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition."

Worse than the Sydney team that won eight games in three seasons between 1992 and 1994, or Fitzroy's 1996 season, or those University, Hawthorn, North, Univeristy, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, North, St. Kilda teams that went through seasons winless.

The Collingwood team that has finished 13, 12, 12, 11 and 6 in the past five years is worse than those teams? **** off.

Don't give me bullshit about whinging. That flog's post reeks of bullshit bitterness after we kicked your piss-weak, heartless club out of the finals last year.

I bet you don't reply.

My favourite part was when you said ' I bet you don't reply'
Now we all get to wait and see if you'll front up an apologize like a man or not

You honestly think the Collingwood of the past few years has been "one of the worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition."

Worse than the Sydney team that won eight games in three seasons between 1992 and 1994, or Fitzroy's 1996 season, or those University, Hawthorn, North, Univeristy, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, North, St. Kilda teams that went through seasons winless.

The Collingwood team that has finished 13, 12, 12, 11 and 6 in the past five years is worse than those teams? **** off.

Don't give me bullshit about whinging. That flog's post reeks of bullshit bitterness after we kicked your piss-weak, heartless club out of the finals last year.

I bet you don't reply.
Bahahahahahahaha

O

Dont you think?

Oh my goodness, do Collingwood supporters just not know how to read?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this question is a little premature; let's look at the player.

A/ This player has consistently put in 25-30 quality disposals throughout his career game in game out. Is probably a victim of that consistent excellence, everyone expects him to deliver this output week in week out. As soon as he an A grade game (below his level) everyone starts asking questions like this, can anyone remember his last poor game in the real stuff?

Possibly in 2016 when he was injured and playing HBF he wasn't his best and yet still had impact - still!

B/ There have been few (if any) that can create time and space like this player - arguably throughout the history of the league. Foot speed is almost irrelevant given his exquisite skills and presence.

These are the reasons he is a continual - continual - top 10 level player and to ask if he's cooked or injured is drawing a very long bow.

He’s slowing down with age - noticed the first signs of that happening to Nathan Jones Thursday evening against the Saints - though I’m surprised he held up as well as he did considering he spend the best years of his career as the sole competent midfielder in one of the worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition.
the second dash brings your commentary back around to Pendles.

Either

He’s slowing down with age - noticed the first signs of that happening to Nathan Jones Thursday evening against the Saints, though I’m surprised he held up as well as he did considering he spend the best years of his career as the sole competent midfielder in one of the worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition.

or

He’s slowing down with age - noticed the first signs of that happening to Nathan Jones Thursday evening against the Saints - though I’m surprised Jones held up as well as he did considering he spend the best years of his career as the sole competent midfielder in one of the worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition.

For Pies fans, relax. Clearly he was talking about Jones @ Melbourne
Pendles best years delivered him a flag.

is pendlebury really a champion? he has never been the best player in a season or even the best mid. Great player but cant see how he is a champion. Ive seen atleast twenty better mids in my time and I aint that old.
consistently top 4-5 players in the comp for me.
He doesn't have flash or hit packs like a bull, but his movement in tight and ball use has been 1st class for a long time.

Would be in the top 20 players ive seen since in the AFL era.

is pendlebury really a champion? he has never been the best player in a season or even the best mid. Great player but cant see how he is a champion. Ive seen at least twenty better mids in my time and I aint that old.

I'd argue he was the best mid in 2011

is pendlebury really a champion? he has never been the best player in a season or even the best mid. Great player but cant see how he is a champion. Ive seen atleast twenty better mids in my time and I aint that old.

Feel free to list them.

Dont you think?

Poster was speaking about Melbourne, cool your jets mate.

Do you think Selwood a champion? Because You could probably insert his name into what you have just said. All depends how highly you rate consistency.

How about we wait for the real season to start and then discuss ? Talk about jumping the gun.

This.

Apart from missing games last year due to a badly broken finger, Pendlebury was as good as ever last year, establishing career-highs in tackles and 1%ers per game, as well as goal assists per game and inside 50s per game, showing that the workrate, creativity and hurt factor are all still there. He also averaged 28+ disposals per game for the 7th consecutive season, while managing 15 Brownlow votes in 16 games (only 6 of which the Pies won).

If we can use him (and Daniel Wells, when fit) in a more "bruise-free" attacking role, it will not only prolong his career, but probably be better for the side overall, as his ball use and decision making is obviously elite, and we need his delivery going forward.

Far from "done".

Feel free to list them.
ablett
mitchell
williams
voss
hird
judd
dangerfield
platten
robert harvey
andrew mccleod
mark riccuito
fyfe (although probably needs one more season of his brownlow year form).

All of these players reached levels higher then pendlebury

There is then a bunch of mids that pendlebury is a part of but by no means is he necessarily at the top of this list.

swan, selwood, matera, tim watson, wayne johnson, buckley, crawford, hocking, weightman, koutafides, simon black, paul kelly, ben cousins and dustin martin.

the next mids who I rate pendlebury as better than but some may disagree:
goodes, hodge, scott west, dean kemp, paul couch, james bartel, daniel kerr, akermanis, gerard healy, anthony stevens, craig bradley.

Last edited:
Back