magpie10

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U, NE Patriots, Magic, Red Sox
When this was posted last year everyone bagged the crap out of pendlebury, but this year he has taken his game to a new level. So who out of pendles or lids would you take based on current form and potential??
Below are some stats (averages) from 2009 to help make it easier:
Pendlebury:
Kicks: 15
hanballs: 14
disposals: 29
marks: 5.4
tackles: 3
contested poss.: 9
uncontested pos.: 20
clearances: 6
Disposal effieciency av.: 83%
goals(total): 2
goal assists(total): 6

Deledio
Kicks: 13
hanballs: 10
disposals: 23
marks: 5.2
tackles: 2
contested poss.: 7
uncontested pos.: 15
clearances: 3
Disposal effieciency av.: 77%
goals(total): 3
goal assists(total):??

Deledio has been really disappointing this year so far after being hyped up earlier, but saying that I'm pretty sure he will be a star. Pendlebury has been great so far this year and will be an elite midfielder of the competiton. But I went Pendles due to current form

I think it is ridiculous that because a young player has had a couple of quiet games that he needs to be compared to others. Remember he did win the BnF last year and was BOG for the tiges against both Geelong and North.

Many bagged him for getting meaningless possies last year, this year in his better games he has hurt teams, all he needs now is some consistancy. I have no doubt when Cousins and Cotchin return he will continue to improve this year.

hmmmmm... lets see here

On one hand there is one who kicks the ball no further that 25-30m 95% of the time,

Then there is the other who turns over the footy by foot 95% of the time...

tough one...

Id go with Pendles, because the ball doesnt go flying back past over his head most of the time after he has disposed of the footy...

Why bother making a thread 5 rounds in seriously, obvious Pendles has been great so far and lids has been quite poor.

Current form - Pendles by a long way

Potential - Lids (Maybe a little baised:p) Although end of the season could bring a different answer.

Remember he did win the BnF last year and was BOG for the tiges against both Geelong and North.

Shows were your list is at,

Pendlebury by a couple of streets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only area where Deledio is clearly ahead is his speed.

Pendles is much better in close, a better decision maker and more creative.

So overall, Pendles.

Pendlebury easily,by the length of Caulfield racecourse!
Better skills,better leader,better kick,better better better.
The other guy is quick,but still gets caught,not many lay a tackle on the Pendles;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back