Injury Pendles and Swan in for early surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgive me for the vagueness of this news because I was in the shower with the radio on MMM this morning and I'm pretty sure that they reported that both Swan and Pendles (?) are going in for early surgery this week on their hips.

I'm assuming Swan's is a clean up on the same one he had surgery on last year but this would be a new injury for Pendles and perhaps one he's carried throughout the year?

Someone please correct me if I got this wrong because it was hard to hear this properly.

In other news, I heard Eddie clearly say that Kreuzer has NOT had a medical with Collingwood (yet).

What's with all the hip injuries?

Also (not related to this thread) but contrary to rumours on this board, mentions Sharenberg playing on the weekend.

False alarm re. Scharenberg; simply an oversight (apologies for the scare!). He's in that group of Moore, Maynard, Marsh, etc, who are in the running for selection. Full VFL squads will be available online tonight.

Probably not a bad thing, Pendles didn't look right the last bit of the season. Especially against Sydney he looked like he didn't even want to kick the ball.

it was reported a few days ago on the forum that davoren had been sacked. It just hasnt been reported in the media yet...he's the culprit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I saw this. Would explain Pendlebury's year if he needed hip surgery. His second half of the year was a level I didn't think Pendlebury was capable of lowering to. He actually almost looked like an average footballer through the second half of the year.

Yeah I saw this. Would explain Pendlebury's year if he needed hip surgery. His second half of the year was a level I didn't think Pendlebury was capable of lowering to. He actually almost looked like an average footballer through the second half of the year.
Yeah he was average in the second half of the year :rolleyes:
If by average you mean averaging 30 disposals.
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/player-profile/scott-pendlebury

From round 14-23 his disposals were: 37, 29, 29, 29, 29, 24, 37, 31, 33, 32, 22.
Tackles: 10, 6, 7, 5, 7, 7, 5, 0, 6, 4.
Goals: 5.5
The Dons and Dees games he was a bit down on disposals.

Yep....at least we know what was slowing those two down. Now....anyone know what Jamie Elliott's got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back