Pendles half year long injury with thanks to 'think better' on Nicks

Remove this Banner Ad

Pmedlbuery was average last season season so I think we still make the GF even if he misses the first half of the season. Sidebottom I didn’t realise was injured in the GF but he obviously wasn’t carrying the injury the whole season so it’s not comparable. The rest doesn’t help but it also doesn’t take away responsibility from Sidebottom and Pendlebury’s poor performances.
Was Sidebottom injured in the GF? Certainly can't claim that a chronic injury to Pendlebury in the GF cost us a win. Grundy hardly fired a shot compared to earlier in the season - WC seemed to have found a way to smother him in both finals. In any case, we still came close to winning.

Was Sidebottom injured in the GF? Certainly can't claim that a chronic injury to Pendlebury in the GF cost us a win. Grundy hardly fired a shot compared to earlier in the season - WC seemed to have found a way to smother him in both finals. In any case, we still came close to winning.
No single injury could be blamed but the constant need to play at 110% each and every game would have had a cumulative effect - with long term injuries to our backline talls we were vulnerable and in the end well exploited by the Eagles coaching panel.

But it was a very close run thing even so - the amount of heart and camaraderie developing in this group is awesome.

Kirby this bloke really needs to start taking his football serious.

Only one player cost us the GF.

He won't get the Brownlow he so richly deserves, simply because there's far too much talent in the side. My money would been someone like Cripps, best player in an ordinary side. Like Judd. It really is a DUMB system! Which is why people are migrating to the player voted MVP as the NEW Charlie. Pendles has like the 2nd or 3rd most career Browny votes in the game, but no award. At least he got the Normy.
Speaking of which, init time a bunch of awards were re-named? How many 'ordinary' fans know who Brownlow, Copeland, or even Norm Smith are? (yes, I do, don't post bios!).

PS: It was clear, even from the AFLX, that Pendles is back to just about his best, which is incredible. Pretty much puts the Silverware in the cabinet. (Actually I've put a few shekels on us to win the next 3, & I picked us to be runner-up before season 2018 started... Jus sayin')

He won't get the Brownlow he so richly deserves, simply because there's far too much talent in the side. My money would been someone like Cripps, best player in an ordinary side. Like Judd. It really is a DUMB system! Which is why people are migrating to the player voted MVP as the NEW Charlie. Pendles has like the 2nd or 3rd most career Browny votes in the game, but no award. At least he got the Normy.
Speaking of which, init time a bunch of awards were re-named? How many 'ordinary' fans know who Brownlow, Copeland, or even Norm Smith are? (yes, I do, don't post bios!).

PS: It was clear, even from the AFLX, that Pendles is back to just about his best, which is incredible. Pretty much puts the Silverware in the cabinet. (Actually I've put a few shekels on us to win the next 3, & I picked us to be runner-up before season 2018 started... Jus sayin')

I think we can do without that sort of negativity this early in the season.

Is he still injured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were some F-wits around here trying to write him off late last year. It's amazing he was as good as he was.
Tut tut old boy! That's caused some finger wagging. Maybe use a more polite Australianism like drongoes or perhaps nincompoops?
Nincompoop is fantastic word that we should hear more often. Come to think of it, that's why I left Nick's after 16 years - a mod took exception to my use of those words and publicly chastised me. The Mods over here at Collingwood Big Footy seem to be a more forgiving bunch and I like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back