Roast Pendles Handballing and Setting Up To Much

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his 1st few seasons at the Pies he Kick the Ball into the Forward 50 alot more and they where normally very Accurate and sometimes even "Center Meter Perfect" but now he more handball or short kicks to set players up and not do it himself where I think he is the Best in the Team to do it.

So why does he do the Setting Up when he close to the best in the team if not the best with kicking into the Forward 50.

Your Thoughts

Terrible thread that is based on bigfooty mythology rather then watching and understanding the game. When Pendlebury gets the ball around the half foward line he puts the ball inside 50 and uses it well almost everytime. It's not as if he gets the ball with in range and chooses not to make the pass.

He probably played more of a half foward role earlier in his career and as such got a high percentage of the ball within range of putting it into the foward 50.

He isn't an over user of the football who handballs short or kicks sideways for the sake of it he does so to put a team mate into space and the ball in a better position to move foward.

If you can't appreciate the way he plays currently you probably never will and it's a reflection of your own lack of understanding more then anything.

In his 1st few seasons at the Pies he Kick the Ball into the Forward 50 alot more and they where normally very Accurate and sometimes even "Center Meter Perfect" but now he more handball or short kicks to set players up and not do it himself where I think he is the Best in the Team to do it.

So why does he do the Setting Up when he close to the best in the team if not the best with kicking into the Forward 50.

Your Thoughts

Another day another player you have roasted..............
Couldn't be many left :thumbsdown:

We're going to need an injury tag for the roast tag soon, Dave is giving it an absolute working over.

Terrible thread that is based on bigfooty mythology rather then watching and understanding the game. When Pendlebury gets the ball around the half foward line he puts the ball inside 50 and uses it well almost everytime. It's not as if he gets the ball with in range and chooses not to make the pass.

He probably played more of a half foward role earlier in his career and as such got a high percentage of the ball within range of putting it into the foward 50.

He isn't an over user of the football who handballs short or kicks sideways for the sake of it he does so to put a team mate into space and the ball in a better position to move foward.

If you can't appreciate the way he plays currently you probably never will and it's a reflection of your own lack of understanding more then anything.

hehehe way too much effort mate...

Has nothing to do with BF Mythology. I just noticed in his 1st few seasons he would get the Ball and Then Kick it into the Forward 50 but I dare say that was he was more an outside Player and he is Involving into a Inside Player. Yes he does it a fair bit as a HFF but that is not his Best Postion

I don't Really like this sentence as you make me look like I know F**k All about Footy which is NOT true. I may not be the Smartest but I am not Dumby:mad:

This

I would love pendlebury to be setting up in more attacking positions, sadly we are not in the position for that to happen though.

If you (and i mean many people here), cant see that Pendlebury generally chooses the best option to set up a resulting attack (be it handballing/kicking sidewards, forwards or backwards) then you just don't pay enough attention on the game

This

I would love pendlebury to be setting up in more attacking positions, sadly we are not in the position for that to happen though.

If you (and i mean many people here), cant see that Pendlebury generally chooses the best option to set up a resulting attack (be it handballing/kicking sidewards, forwards or backwards) then you just don't pay enough attention on the game

Think you put what I wanted to say bit better that I did but yeah he should be more Attacking Player then a Setting up Player for his Teammates

Has nothing to do with BF Mythology. I just noticed in his 1st few seasons he would get the Ball and Then Kick it into the Forward 50 but I dare say that was he was more an outside Player and he is Involving into a Inside Player. Yes he does it a fair bit as a HFF but that is not his Best Postion

No, Dave he was played predominantly forward of the ball, in a similar role to what Sidebottom and Beams currently are, this was especially evident in 2007 when he made an art form out of evading opponents and hitting Rocca on the tit. Since that year he has played an entirely midfield role, meaning he is setting up further down field where kicking it isnt always his best option, especially when he is that creative by hand.

I don't Really like this sentence as you make me look like I know F**k All about Footy which is NOT true. I may not be the Smartest but I am not Dumby:mad:
Yeah but soem of your roast threads are just plain dumb, roasting ball for his footskills, yeah we know they are not flash, its his role to be kicking the ball, maybe look at what fell down team wise that led too it. This roast thread is just a continuation of rubbish that started a fortnight ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really not that hard to understand, He played more HFF early days, got the ball in a position to put the ball inside 50 more, as you have said yourself he is better playing in the midfield, he gets the ball more in the midfield, less oppertunity to put the ball inside 50.

Why the hell are you roasting him? Is it for not playing HFF? For making good decisions with the ball? For being more valuable as a midfielder then a flanker? What exactly is this roast about?

Think you put what I wanted to say bit better that I did but yeah he should be more Attacking Player then a Setting up Player for his Teammates
Yeah but as soon as we play him across Half forward, you are the first to say he played poorly, and its all O'bree's fault because he played midfield.

We would all love Pendlebury just matrixing himself across Half forward setting up inside 50s, but if we take him out of the middle (where he is bloody good and bloody creative and most certainly not roast-able) we just don't get forward enough.

Is it really that hard to see that when Pendlebury goes sidewards, the player he passes too usually has acres of space to run into? This isn't rocket science

It's really not that hard to understand, He played more HFF early days, got the ball in a position to put the ball inside 50 more, as you have said yourself he is better playing in the midfield, he gets the ball more in the midfield, less oppertunity to put the ball inside 50.

Why the hell are you roasting him? Is it for not playing HFF? For making good decisions with the ball? For being more valuable as a midfielder then a flanker? What exactly is this roast about?

Well it not Roasting Pendles It was just saying that I think that such a Great Kick he should be accepting passes and getting the Ball into Forward 50 then Setting other Players.

Love Pendles as a Player but I think he could be used better that's all.

Was it wrong to call it a Roast?

Well it not Roasting Pendles It was just saying that I think that such a Great Kick he should be accepting passes and getting the Ball into Forward 50 then Setting other Players.

Love Pendles as a Player but I think he could be used better that's all.

Was it wrong to call it a Roast?

It was wrong regardless. What he does best is create space for other players. He gets the ball to players in space. The team is better for this, the players around him are better for this. It's a rare and extremely valuable skill. It doesn't look as pretty as hitting a foward on the tit and it isn't the end result so you may not pick it up, you may not realize how important it was but it is what he does. He is 100X better and more valuable as a player in this role then recieving the ball and putting it inside 50 as a linking HFF player.

It was wrong regardless. What he does best is create space for other players. He gets the ball to players in space. The team is better for this, the players around him are better for this. It's a rare and extremely valuable skill. It doesn't look as pretty as hitting a foward on the tit and it isn't the end result so you may not pick it up, you may not realize how important it was but it is what he does. He is 100X better and more valuable as a player in this role then recieving the ball and putting it inside 50 as a linking HFF player.

Why can't he do that more in the Midfield then a HFF.

Well if he Stays as a Set Up man in Traffic then we should get players with good Kicks into the Side

Well if he Stays as a Set Up man in Traffic then we should get players with good Kicks into the Side
Getting players who can kick well is a pretty good approach I think. Agreed. Hopefully Malthouse has thought of this.

Sidebottom, Beams and Didak would be 3 of our better kicks, usually at least one is at HFF, sometimes all 3 are hovering around that area.

Dave brother, change your roasts to some toasts mate and get some positive stuff going. The bloody thing is stuck down atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back