Pendles is a better player than Danger - what do you think (poll added)

Which player is better, Scott Pendlebury or Patrick Dangerfield

• S Pendlebury

Votes: 150 74.6%
  • P Dangerfield

Votes: 51 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like Selwood, Dependlebury has been a great player for longer than Danger - essentially they have been since day one.

However Danger's peak is higher. His best has been better IMO.

But Pendles consistency over the course of his career has been simply amazing.

Last edited:
I wonder how many voted for Pendles due to not liking Danger's forthright persona. In my opinion, Danger's peak is higher, but Pendles the more consistent player whilst not being too far off Dangers peak. So you probably take Pendles.

Pendles by the flemington straight. I love Danger, and I think when he is at his absolute best it is better than pendlebury’s, more of a match winner, but his consistency and terrible foot skills let’s him down way to often.

Pendles is ridiculously consistent, has poise, awareness, skill, very silky, has time with the ball, he’s a tremendous player.

Players who can do what Pendles does (broadly speaking) come along far, far more frequently than players who can do what Danger does - congested bull, mist explosive player in league, breaks from stoppages and breaks lines, great contested mark and kicks goals. Kicking let down due to kicking at top speed and in heavy traffic. As great as Pendles is Damger is one level above

They’ve both been amazing players. People saying one is clearly better than the other are stretching it a bit I reckon. Both have been consistently excellent for a long time.

I personally lean towards Danger. His ability to drag his team over the line gives him the edge imo. That’s not to say that Pendles doesn’t impact games significantly.

Danger’s ability to hit the scoreboard regularly helps as well.

I have a question regarding people’s opinion of Dangerfield - have we got to the point now in sport where personalities are so homogenised that anyone who is an extrovert is seen as arrogant?

dangerfield has a strut when he walks around the footy field. No question.

but is there anything else he does that can be perceived as arrogant? Being a big personality doesn’t make you up yourself.
In my group of mates I’m easily the loudest and most extroverted but the one knock they all have on me is that I’m too self deprecating and rag on myself at every opportunity.

being the loudest personality doesn’t equal arrogance

I have a question regarding people’s opinion of Dangerfield - have we got to the point now in sport where personalities are so homogenised that anyone who is an extrovert is seen as arrogant?

but is there anything else he does that can be perceived as arrogant? Being a big personality doesn’t make you up yourself.
In my group of mates I’m easily the loudest and most extroverted but the one knock they all have on me is that I’m too self deprecating and rag on myself at every opportunity.

Not sport in general, just the AFL.

It's such a weird statement when footy fans say "great player but flog of a bloke" as if they actually know these people on a personal level. Luke Hodge was known as a good bloke for a long, long time. It'd be like calling Pendles a sook because whenever he gets boo'd his coach or his club jumps in to stick up for him like his mum. I'm sure Pendles doesn't give a rats ass about it but footy fans need to find some kind of storyline that fits their bizarre feelings.

You are 100% bang on with this and a lot of it is led by the fossils in the media.

Look at Duursma with the bow and arrow celebration, copped s**t by a lot of the old heads.

Mathieson with the shot gun celebration. 'you need to earn the right to do that sort of stuff'

These are such minor things that get ragged on. Danger and Fyfe cop so much s**t for being arrogant despite doing a lot of media work which helps grow the game. Yet the quiet and cool Dusty gets praised for how he goes about it. In reality they would all be as arrogant as each other, you need to be a little bit when you are that good.

You are 100% bang on with this and a lot of it is led by the fossils in the media.

Look at Duursma with the bow and arrow celebration, copped sh*t by a lot of the old heads.

Mathieson with the shot gun celebration. 'you need to earn the right to do that sort of stuff'

These are such minor things that get ragged on. Danger and Fyfe cop so much sh*t for being arrogant despite doing a lot of media work which helps grow the game. Yet the quiet and cool Dusty gets praised for how he goes about it. In reality they would all be as arrogant as each other, you need to be a little bit when you are that good.

absolutely. Danger shows up to a presser with bandages on, effectively mocking himself, and somehow that was a sign that he’s a dick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take Pendles, like him better as a player and he also doesn't throw his arms out and ask the umps for a free kick 40 times a game.

And another thing, they’re both s**t bag overrated campaignerknuckles who can gagf. Sad!

Back