Peng Shuai is doing what the CCP want her too.

Remove this Banner Ad

I am unsure what game the WTA is playing - At the end of the day, the WTA is only withdrawing from China, when China re-opens its borders - Once China re-opens its borders, and asks for the WTA to play tournaments which it declines then it has withdrawn its services.

I am unsure what game the WTA is playing - At the end of the day, the WTA is only withdrawing from China, when China re-opens its borders - Once China re-opens its borders, and asks for the WTA to play tournaments which it declines then it has withdrawn its services.
they been check-mated by the IOC and the CCP and their PR campaign. The IOC have really taken the sting out of the backlash to the CCP

They are left on their own and I reckon China will punish them for it. |

I must admit I haven't got involved in the current winter games. A minor part of the reason is that I have been disgusted by the IOC and how they have happily played the pawn in this whole saga.

Is there any updates on Peng? Is she officially alive?
no update.

She is alive and has not fallen from any windows. China is not Russia. In saying that, the WTA will be playing tournaments in China this year for the first time since Covid-19. I reckon some Western media sources will take up the story for one last time when that happens after the US Open.

I stand by the fact that the WTA do all it realistically could, especially once the ATP/IOC didn't do anything or parroted the PR from the CCP.

no update.

She is alive and has not fallen from any windows. China is not Russia. In saying that, the WTA will be playing tournaments in China this year for the first time since Covid-19. I reckon some Western media sources will take up the story for one last time when that happens after the US Open.

I stand by the fact that the WTA do all it realistically could, especially once the ATP/IOC didn't do anything or parroted the PR from the CCP.
What prove is there that she is alive

What prove is there that she is alive
I don't think the CCP is that stupid. There is no reason to kill her. There is no benefit to it. The story was buried successfully

The great firewall and its media control made sure Pengs story will remain silent to Chinese audiences. She will not become a figurehead of revolt against the party. Killing her would just get the Western Media to press into the issue again.

Couldn't be a more accurate post ! And Peng Shuai will be front and centre at the WTA tournaments. The WTA has kicked an own goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back