Game Day Penultimate Rd: Dogs v Hawks in the Apple Isle (14/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
First game in Tasmania since 2015. Some key players in but a key figure of our forward line out. Boys looking to bounce back from a game where nothing went our way last week from poor goal kicking, to losing the centre clearances, to a season ending injury. Against a hawks team that have found a minor spark winning their last two games albeit falling over in the last quarter of each game.

Things to Watch
How will the forward line function
Will we surround naughton with smalls and play a chaos style forward line or will we throw a cordy or young forward.

English
Can he lift after a poor game last week and give us more of a contest in the centre. Are we going to see 2021 English or are we back to the 2020 version.

Midfield
Can they fire and be more impactful now the full group is back and have had a few games under their belts (excluding treloar 1 game back)

Keath
Can he get through unscathed and be the general of the backline along with duryea and allow us to return to our defensive best.

Prediction
Scrappy game with hawks to be a pest but class rises to the top and we run out 13 point winners

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs haven’t lost on a Saturday all year (I believe) - let’s not start now. Dogs by 30+ with some vaguely straight kicking……

I have no doubt that we will be victorious today.

I asked my Magic 8 Ball: "Will we win today?"

The reply:

That's good enough for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 25, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Important to start well as the Hawks have been able to get a jump on teams in recent weeks. With the amount of players missing for them we really should be winning this game comfortably, no excuses.

Keen to see how we roll with Naughton as the sole target with the likes of Vandermeer, Weightman and JJ at his feet.

Treloar and Dunkley to build into some form with improved performances today. Mitchell will no doubt get his 30+ disposals but we have another bloke that does the same week after week in Macrae.

Dogs to run away with it late and win by 4-5 goals.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We are a supreme wet weather football team, bring on the rain.

Apart from the obvious (a dominate win) I’m really looking for Dunks and to a lesser extent Adz to take the next step in their comeback from injury and really leave their mark on the game. Keath I’m not worried about performance wise but please do not get injured!

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
We are a supreme wet weather football team, bring on the rain.

Apart from the obvious (a dominate win) I’m really looking for Dunks and to a lesser extent Adz to take the next step in their comeback from injury and really leave their mark on the game. Keath I’m not worried about performance wise but please do not get injured!

Amen to that, no injuries please - for the rest of the year!

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I can foresee that we will be over kicking to Naughton all day which will be predictable.

Prove me wrong dogs.

Could be a tactic... Bevo' Paddock. Kick over Naughton allowing fleet-footers JJ, VDM and Weightman to burn their opponents running into space 25-30 from goal. Naughts as a decoy, and our smalls to kick 5 apiece.

dish licker

All Australian
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Not too fussed about changes anymore i have learned it comes down to who gets outcoached , we will win, vibes are good.

I have no doubt that we will be victorious today.

I asked my Magic 8 Ball: "Will we win today?"

The reply:

That's good enough for me.

Last week after we lost Bruce to an ACL, I asked my 8 ball if we’d win and I haven’t slept since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back