People of BigFooty - Just how terrible at sports were you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Soccer I was ok. Won best player award one year in my teens but then I just stopped playing. Probably a regret I didn't persist with it

Everything else I was average. Hopeless at cricket.

You're s**t at basketball cause you're 4'6"
You probably wouldn't believe this but I blocked a guy who was 6'6. It was hilarious, he brought the ball down to pump it back up and I just whacked it out of his hands before he shot :p

In 12s footy I was one of the two chubby kids in the team, and the second slowest runner, and the weakest kid too. I was usually dumped in the forward pocket where I'm sure the coach was hoping I'd fluke a goal being in the right place at the right time. I kicked 2 goals over about 18ish games.

I suddenly found my mojo in the big games. I was our team's best on ground in a come from behind prelim final win, and followed it up with probably my second best game in a losing grand final.

Played club basketball from U10s to U18s. Did alright but struggled to grip the ball in later years which impacted my ability. Could have used Travis Cloke's glove :$

Was okay at Lawn Bowls and footy I gave up during Auskick :$. It annoyed me that kids who were already playing club footy were also doing Auskick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good at all sports except golf

Can barely hit the little white ball despite being good at other 'stick sports' like ice hockey, cricket and baseball smh

Golf is so hard, except for putting/mini golf lol.

We used to have this end of year staff game of golf, a workmate was saying how she'd never ever hit a golf club in her entire life, was going to participate- 18 holes. Yeah I don't think she enjoyed the experience that much. :D

If my Dad had showed a glancing interest in me, maybe he could have taught me how to play Golf. He plays all the time.
I was at high school when Norman was in his pomp, and every kid wanted to play golf, it just never clicked with me. A guy in my class turned pro, but never got beyond golf lessons, and the local tour.

so, the people running the scoreboard at my grand final on the weekend got the scores wrong...

apparently we lost the GF by 1 point, not 7 points.. how ******* hard is it to run a scoreboard!

sidenote - one of our guys had a rushed shot at goal with 15 seconds to go, if he'd have known we were only a point down at the time, he might have taken his time

so, the people running the scoreboard at my grand final on the weekend got the scores wrong...

apparently we lost the GF by 1 point, not 7 points.. how ******* hard is it to run a scoreboard!

sidenote - one of our guys had a rushed shot at goal with 15 seconds to go, if he'd have known we were only a point down at the time, he might have taken his time
Be like the American womens relay team, appeal the result and see if you can win the game next week without an opponent.

I was good at Footy. I was a great kick. On the run or set shot...i was good. Both feet.

Poor at Cricket. Could hold an end up though and can bowl good line and length.

Golf ok both left and right.

Awful at footy. Gave it up after U/13s. I averaged about 1 possession every 4 weeks. Played as a forward but went two whole seasons without kicking a goal.

One time the coach made the team gift me a goal on a silver platter just to make me feel better :oops::oops::oops:

I'm quarter-decent at cricket. A bowler that can do some damage when it's my day but my batting is very f*****g bad and fielding is 50/50.

C'mon Keano you are selling yourself short. Your a good bowler. Got a 7 for last season.

I kicked almost my entire high school football team's score one day.

1 goal 1 behind out of 1 goal 3 behinds :$

I did something similar in under 12's basketball. I scored half the points in the entire game from both teams and doubled the other team's score.

I scored 4 points. We won 6-2.

I did something similar in under 12's basketball. I scored half the points in the entire game from both teams and doubled the other team's score.

I scored 4 points. We won 6-2.
I initially read that as scored half the points in the entire game FOR both teams. Which reads more like my primary school soccer career. I could score at both ends, without waiting for half time to swap ends.

I kicked almost my entire high school football team's score one day.

1 goal 1 behind out of 1 goal 3 behinds :$

I almost kicked the opposition teams entire score for a game. They were a player short so each quarter one of us would play a quarter for them. I kicked 2 goals and their final score was something like 2.3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back