People of BigFooty - Just how terrible at sports were you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Played Tennis , Footy and Basketball.

Basketball - I thought I was reasonably decent, could shoot and defend pretty well. But I couldn't play point guard......

Footy- Gave it up in under 16's , played multiple positions.

- Back pocket , I was absolutely horrible.
- Midfield, I was decent.
- Half Forward, I couldn't kick far :(

Tennis- I loved, my forehand was my main strength. Serving was my weakest area.

Golf can be fun if you add a few rules that might not be approved by the Royal and Ancient.
I have only ever played twice
Got so frustrated that everything except my tee shots wouldnt get off the ground that I actually placed the ball onto the tee to hit it when people werent looking
Suffice to say I got caught

Speaking of catching/throwing whatever- how about those fitness tests we were made to do thru high school?

Beep test, 1.6km run, sprint, vertical jump, push ups, sit ups.

I wasn't bad at: sprint, push ups.
Sucked at: 1.6km run, sit ups.

The beep test I wont even comment on. That thing is the ****ing devil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The beep test was a absolute hell - I remember level 3 I think it is has like 15 parts or something ridiculous - that was the killer for me. Was unfit AF when I was in school so always did poorly. This is not a good thread for my self esteem. I'm a ******* amazing actor or singer (right BlueBelle ?) so that's good for me. I'm incredibly ******* modest too.

Always been pretty handy at ball sports. Played grade 1 pennant tennis, play golf off a 7 handicap, opened the batting in the firsts at cricket.

But balance sports, *baa bow!!*

I rollerbladed into a stationary tram in St Kilda, then fractured my elbow 15 minutes later.

I had a go at a mate's skateboard as a kid and skated into the back of a milk truck and split open my head.

I also got told to hand in my ski's on the Yr 11 ski camp to Mt Buller, and had to sit out the last 2 days. 10 years later the same thing happened, and was told by Daniel Grollo that I was the worst skier that had ever put foot on the mountain.

Speaking of catching/throwing whatever- how about those fitness tests we were made to do thru high school?

Beep test, 1.6km run, sprint, vertical jump, push ups, sit ups.

I wasn't bad at: sprint, push ups.
Sucked at: 1.6km run, sit ups.

The beep test I wont even comment on. That thing is the ****ing devil.
Should make teachers do them too.

We never had to do fitness tests. I don't think the school would have been able to explain that many failures to the education department. And that was back before the days of obesity epidemics and playstations.

I played lacrosse as a teenager, filled in as a goalie a few times.
First game as goalie I got votes.

Second game as goalie we were getting smashed, the defence spreads and there's their forward doing a big wind up. He lets rip with a shot on goal that had it's own sonic boom, tearing the air and making a white rubber ball somehow glow with an intensity of crimson normally reserved for Dante's seventh layer of hell.

I stop the ball, with a loud "thwack".
Using my groin.
Luckily I was wearing a box.

Now I'm not sure what the normal injury rules are in lacrosse, but the game was stopped for what seemed like 20 minutes (it was probably only 5 or so).
I thought I was going to need oxygen.
Ears were ringing.
Eyes were watery.
I couldn't stand properly even after play resumed.

I'm sure childbirth and medieval torture instruments hurt a bit. Perhaps being burnt alive in boiling oil stings a tad. But copping a solid, heavy lacrosse ball going approximately mach 3.8 to the nads is not something I will ever forget.

Always been pretty handy at ball sports. Played grade 1 pennant tennis, play golf off a 7 handicap, opened the batting in the firsts at cricket.

But balance sports, *baa bow!!*

I rollerbladed into a stationary tram in St Kilda, then fractured my elbow 15 minutes later.

I had a go at a mate's skateboard as a kid and skated into the back of a milk truck and split open my head.

I also got told to hand in my ski's on the Yr 11 ski camp to Mt Buller, and had to sit out the last 2 days. 10 years later the same thing happened, and was told by Daniel Grollo that I was the worst skier that had ever put foot on the mountain.

I suck at rollerblading too, one of the first times I tried it was playing rollerblading hockey that a mate roped me into. I could barely even rollerblade without falling over let alone play hockey as well, there were kids running rings around me.

I'm not too bad at skateboarding, I can't do any tricks or jumps but I can usually stay upright without falling off.

I remember carrying on like I won olympic gold and our runner actually came up to me and gave me a high five and carried me around on my shoulders for a few seconds.
Carried you on your shoulders?
Sure he wasn't trying to give you a musclebuster?
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back