People of BigFooty - Just how terrible at sports were you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carried you on your shoulders?
Sure he wasn't trying to give you a musclebuster?
giphy.gif
It didn't quite feel like that do I'm gunna say.... No

I would love to play tennis competitively.

Unfortunately I can't serve for s**t. (It's actually really embarrassing- when I play socially I try and avoid it). Actual ground strokes are okay tho. Running is another thing- I doubt I could last a whole match, even best of 3. Even with the "stop/start" nature of it, I'd just run out of puff. I remember having a hit in 30 degree heat and feeling like I was going to pass out just from that. How actual players play in 35++ heat, I just cannot fathom..

Other sports like: netball, swimming, little aths/sprinting I was okay at.
Same here. My first serve was killer... when it went in. Second serve was a piece of s**t. Luckily I wasn't too bad at returning.

Also, my backhand was my strongest shot for the longest time, could do anything with it and then all of a sudden I just couldn't do it any more. Think it coincided with a grip change for my forehand and I just lost the ability to hit backhands. Really frustrating!

Speaking of catching/throwing whatever- how about those fitness tests we were made to do thru high school?

Beep test, 1.6km run, sprint, vertical jump, push ups, sit ups.

I wasn't bad at: sprint, push ups.
Sucked at: 1.6km run, sit ups.

The beep test I wont even comment on. That thing is the ****ing devil.
I always conveniently had PMS during fitness tests

The beep test was a absolute hell - I remember level 3 I think it is has like 15 parts or something ridiculous - that was the killer for me. Was unfit AF when I was in school so always did poorly. This is not a good thread for my self esteem. I'm a ******* amazing actor or singer (right BlueBelle ?) so that's good for me. I'm incredibly ******* modest too.

Yes darling

Menstruation sounds like it must be genuinely s**t house but it does have small advantages.

Yep. I get interrogated for wanting to buy Nurofen Plus. Mrs drops Period Pain, here, how many packets you want?

I would gladly swap interrogation for my PP. Mine was agony. I am s**t scared of the day if/when I have to go off the pill.

Yeah, my post seems unkind to your plight. Definitely not that, not even going to begin to compare it to anything I have going on!

Edit- and then the things the Mrs has had to do since conception...not even taking into consideration what's going to happen in 14 weeks time

Yeah, I'm happily keeping my mouth shut!

Yeah, my post seems unkind to your plight. Definitely not that, not even going to begin to compare it to anything I have going on!

Edit- and then the things the Mrs has had to do since conception...not even taking into consideration what's going to happen in 14 weeks time

lucky you posted this cos I was about to go full PMS fury on yo ass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid advice!

Sleep now while you can too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back