Roast People that write off KPP and rucks in their first few seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont mean to invade and derail, but as stated above rich vs yarran. Are you Blues fans all really happy with yarran over rich. TBH rich has shown much much more and dont see how you can put yarran so far ahead.

It would be interesting to see Rich in the middle with Judd, Murph and Gibbs but I personally don't have any issue with Yarran instead of him.

As Harker mentioned the thing that tips in Yarran's favour for Blues supporters is that there appears to be more to come from him whereas Rich has less up side...... maybe.

We'll have to wait and see.

Yarran has it relatively easy playing off a hbf for a top 4 team, while rich grinds away getting tagged for a bottom 4 team. If they swapped teams rich would be regarder a better player because for the level of ability they have shown is equal and rich being a in a lower team further enhances his potential when he has quality around him

It is amazing how we suddenly become a Top 4 team when it suits peoples arguments. We have not been a Top 4 team for 12 years and won 1 final in close to a decade.

Your argument is flawed and can be seen from both sides of the fence. Players can often look better in worse performing teams as they stand out more due to the poor level of their team mates around them but to stand out in a team and be noticed that has a heap of better players is often harder to do.

See what i did there??

Carry on though. :cool:

My thread, and I stand by the comments I made in it.

Jesus TG, you get too overprotective at times.
13029706323DtRkz.jpg

Henderson can be forgotten at times, but I'd be surprised if this wasn't his break-out year.

I certainly wasnt writing Lachie off in that thread by a long shot.

My concerns were that (at the time) we had been carrying him up forward for a few weeks, and his form was well down. At that time, he wasnt making a contribution to the 1's and we either needed to shift him to another position, or drop him to the 2's to develop and get some form back.

A valid point to make, whether he is tall or short, key position or midfileder.

In no way was I making the assertion that he wont be a player, is a spud or anything else of the sort. Im certainly not one of the ones giving him the Bronx cheer.

Yeah fine, talls take longer to develop; my point was that this development should not come at the expense of the seniors.

And I dont think such a comment should be censored, or that we should fear getting derided for holding such a view, when such a view is warranted.

Caboult is a spud and won't make it ..............

Thee you go, hate me, slag me, villify me if you like.

At least I've got the balls to make the call now instead of many other people who prefer to keep wearing the navy-blue coloured glasses which make every player on our list an instant Brownlow medallist.

You may be entitled to write a player off after declaring Callan Beasy a future captain.

Yes, I still remember :)

There is a balance to everything. We have no problem with players being discussed negatively and positively. Just do it constructively.

There is no future in labelling players spuds, duds, disgrace to the jumper etc etc. There is zero discussion points to be held there and it just shows that the poster lacks the ability to form a proper discussion so resorts to insults. We don't want it, don't need it.

However, we also don't want supporters demeaning others that have expressed a negative opinion, but done so constructively. If they articulate their argument, then play the ball, not the man. If a poster is driving a repetitive negative agenda, we will deal with them. Leave it at that.

When it comes to wanting opposition supporters to be able to critically analyse our list, then the first instinct is why do they need to when they have other boards they can do it on, and it is only going to upset the locals? Bottom line, they need to be respectful and it is hard to be that when you are telling us how overrated our players are.

Couldn't agree more although JR is rubbish. :thumbsu:

See what I mean? Lacks the ability. Tolerated because he is like an extinct mascot. Might have to draft a 'special' rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that just says it all.

Henderson was underdone like Watson is now.

Club officials and recruiters must laugh their arses off at the uneducated s**t posted by die hards.

So you agree with the central point of my thread then? That Lachie was underdone, and we were carrying him up forward while he found form.

How on earth was that 'unducated s**t posted by a die hard'?

Jesus mate, pull your head in. Youre way too overprotective at times.

Again - my comments were totally moderate and justified given the context of what was happening on field. Its not like young KPP's and Rucks are a protected species who have a teflon coating protecting them from any criticism at all.

Developing players = not yet capable of consistently performing at AFL level. And yeah, talls take longer (generally) in the development phase. That development should generally happen in the 2's.

Some sides are able or prepared to carry a developing player in the ones while he deveolps (ala Geelong and Hawkins or Melbourne and Watts), but to simply dismiss or stifle any debate about whether we should select a struggling player in the ones because 'he is a tall and talls take time' is pretty bloody weak.

See what I mean? Lacks the ability. Tolerated because he is like an instinct mascot. Might have to draft a 'special' rule.

You should know by now that the worst thing you can do is give a naughty child the attention they are seeking.

If he had bagged a KP player or ruckman instead, he might have got away with it.

Oh dear...:cool:
Nobody else is allowed to upset Sheiky about that one as it occurred outside of BF's jurisdiction and I have milked it for all its worth.

Very well said.

I think constructive discussion is a great thing. Highlighting pros and cons and where a player can improve is very fair, and indeed good discussion.

My tone of frustration comes from the hordes of idiots that get on players' backs very early on. Most players take several years to develop, and talls even longer. Commonly the guys that succeed early are the freak athletes, so they can already match it physically on some levels with veteran players. Smalls are generally quick, so even if slight of build, still have an attribute that allows contribution.

Talls are generally slower, weaker, and read the play leas effectively than their veteran counterparts. These is certainly a bigger step up for these guys as they must completely change their body and game to fit with afl level intensity and their own teams game plan. No longer will being the biggest guy on the field bag then a haul of goals.

Too many people expect every tall to be the next buddy franklin. Any of Mitchell, Rowe, Levi, hendo may end up being stars. The law of averages says most of them wont. However, it is effing ridiculous to can them repeatedly. Just let them have a crack and leave the list
Management to the guys who have built the 3rd best list in the comp that is about 5th youngest. Bloody good
Management in my books.

There is a balance to everything. We have no problem with players being discussed negatively and positively. Just do it constructively.

There is no future in labelling players spuds, duds, disgrace to the jumper etc etc. There is zero discussion points to be held there and it just shows that the poster lacks the ability to form a proper discussion so resorts to insults. We don't want it, don't need it.

However, we also don't want supporters demeaning others that have expressed a negative opinion, but done so constructively. If they articulate their argument, then play the ball, not the man. If a poster is driving a repetitive negative agenda, we will deal with them. Leave it at that.

When it comes to wanting opposition supporters to be able to critically analyse our list, then the first instinct is why do they need to when they have other boards they can do it on, and it is only going to upset the locals? Bottom line, they need to be respectful and it is hard to be that when you are telling us how overrated our players are.

After 2010, people were ecstatic on here that we'd won the lottery - Watson, McCarthy AND Mitchell in the one draft! :thumbsu:

We enter this week's match with only Henderson and Waite as AFL-quality bookends. So, yes, 2010 was a needs-based draft. There were concerns over Mitchell's longevity but it was a high risk, high reward proposition.

The hindsighters will say we should have gone with Smith, Darling or Harper... There were some question marks over Watson at the time that he'd peaked playing against boys and would struggle against fitter, stronger men.

Re-assess after 2013... For those saying we should have kept Setanta, well, he's injured anyway.

Good thread. KPP players need to be AT LEAST 23 before you can really start to comment on whether or not they are a success or not.

I know I'm a Carlton supporter, but I can't wait until Jack Watts shuts up all the haters. Kid will be a star.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy watching the Kreuze-missile extract the urine out of opponents. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back