Cars & Transportation People who never get a driving licence

Remove this Banner Ad

The government makes it a huge pain in the ass to get would be one of the major barriers.

It can take weeks to even book a driving test sometimes and the examiners are incredibly hit and miss and if you fail you are looking and more and more weeks.

I was good enough to pass my practical test the first time whereas a friend of mine failed 9 times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The government makes it a huge pain in the ass to get would be one of the major barriers.

It can take weeks to even book a driving test sometimes and the examiners are incredibly hit and miss and if you fail you are looking and more and more weeks.

I was good enough to pass my practical test the first time whereas a friend of mine failed 9 times.
If they're failing 9 times to me that says they should never drive a car.

Once or twice you can excuse a person, the instructor might have been a campaigner or nerves simply got to them, but 9 times come on. There's clearly a pattern of driving that is not suitable for solo driving.

If you believe this you probably don't deserve a license.

It takes 6-10 years to become a surgeon, and if you're not up to it you don't get to do it. Should I get to cut people open because I booked an exam a few weeks in advance?

If they're failing 9 times to me that says they should never drive a car.

Once or twice you can excuse a person, the instructor might have been a campaigner or nerves simply got to them, but 9 times come on. There's clearly a pattern of driving that is not suitable for solo driving.

But apparently everybody should get one and be able to do it or they're a failure...

Sent from mTalk

If you believe this you probably don't deserve a license.

It takes 6-10 years to become a surgeon, and if you're not up to it you don't get to do it. Should I get to cut people open because I booked an exam a few weeks in advance?
What do I believe?

The government makes it hard.
They do make it hard, deliberately and by incompetence.

50 hours driving before you get your P's (WA) is a lot of hours.

Also when it takes weeks to even book an appointment, that shows that their is more demand than they can keep up with.

But apparently everybody should get one and be able to do it or they're a failure...

Sent from mTalk
9 times is pretty extreme. If someone fails that much they're clearly not suited to driving.

Far different to what the majority in here are bagging people for.

They do make it hard, deliberately and by incompetence.

50 hours driving before you get your P's (WA) is a lot of hours.

Also when it takes weeks to even book an appointment, that shows that their is more demand than they can keep up with.
50 hours is a piece of cake compared to 120 hours here.

I'm not sure what is so hard about getting a license either. You do the hours, make sure you're good enough and then book an appointment which requires you to wait a couple of weeks.

Just by the sheer amount of idiots on the road it is pretty clear that getting a license isn't a very difficult thing.

I got mines quite late on, maybe because I have a train station right outside my house and take me anywhere in want, was almost like a taxi service

If people are serious about getting their license then there should be a tafe course that people need to do. It would teach them the road laws and teach them to be safe drivers. At most secondary schools you are taught about getting your learners permit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back