News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick Q:
Attending the Rich game round 0 and was wondering best way to get from the train station to the ground? Walk?
Catch the shuttle buses, i found it easy enough when travelling down for my Lions games.
The bus is easy enough before the game being a 5-minute trip once on the bus.
Just note where you got dropped off as that's where you catch the bus back to the station.

After the game it can take a bit longer, but the walk will take about 20/25-minutes.
The Tigers V Suns game in round 17 of 2022 drew a crowd of 18,031 so a big difference than a 46K concert.
Capacity for Heritage Bank is 22,500 so even a sellout should be fine bus wise.

Catch the shuttle buses, i found it easy enough when travelling down for my Lions games.
Just note where you got dropped off as that's where you catch the bus back to the station.

After the game it can take a bit longer, but the walk will take about 20/25-minutes.
The Tigers V Suns game in round 17 of 2022 drew a crowd of 18,031 so a big difference than a 46K concert.
Full capacity is actually over 24K. We will probably see it in the Opening round. Last year sell out Collingwood game (22,483) was less because a couple thousands of fans could not get to the game due to cancelled flights.

Thanks matey, perfect :) appreciate the response

Full capacity is actually over 24K. We will probably see it in the Opening round. Last year sell out Collingwood game (22,483) was less because a couple thousands of fans could not get to the game due to cancelled flights.
I was going on Austadiums capacity being listed as 22,500.

Record crowd was Suns v Pies 24,032 in July 2014.
Depends on if the stadium had any improvements to reduce capacity like happened at the Gabba.
The Tiger game should sell out with the focus being on the northern states opening round.
Interested to see what the figure ends up being.

A big game to open your season and a win would be a great start to the season.
Good luck

I was going on Austadiums capacity being listed as 22,500.

Record crowd was Suns v Pies 24,032 in July 2014.
Depends on if the stadium had any improvements to reduce capacity like happened at the Gabba.
The Tiger game should sell out with the focus being on the northern states opening round.
Interested to see what the figure ends up being.

A big game to open your season and a win would be a great start to the season.
Good luck
I have a feeling there's 22,500 physical seats at the venue and it allows for approximately 2,500 people in the standing areas during AFL games. Hence the Collingwood game in 2014 pulling over 24k.

I have a feeling there's 22,500 physical seats at the venue and it allows for approximately 2,500 people in the standing areas during AFL games. Hence the Collingwood game in 2014 pulling over 24k.
Are there any standing areas?

Could be correct as there are standing arears, but i doubt it would be 2,500 that's a lot of people.
Those standing arears are quite good being cheaper undercover and just behind some prime seating in the ones i noticed when attending games. Then you have the open area at the Northern end that has some as well.
Not sure about the main members grandstand side as i rarely venture over that side of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there any standing areas?
Could be correct as there are standing arears, but i doubt it would be 2,500 that's a lot of people.
Those standing arears are quite good being cheaper undercover and just behind some prime seating in the ones i noticed when attending games. Then you have the open area at the Northern end that has some as well.
Not sure about the main members grandstand side as i rarely venture over that side of the ground.

This is what the club website claims:
Metricon Stadium 25,000 capacity comprising 23,500 seats and 1,500 standing room. With the addition of a permanent roof for the Southern Stand, over 75% of seats will be undercover.

Yeah, the club was very confident before Collingwood game that all-time record will be broken before fans were not able to fly in.

Just wondering where these standing areas are? Just behind lower sections?

Thats an article from 2011 so a long time ago.

Yeah, the club was very confident before Collingwood game that all-time record will be broken before fans were not able to fly in.

Just wondering where these standing areas are? Just behind lower sections?
I have noticed them in the Green arears marked on the map below.
Sections 108- 121. They could also be in sections 101-108.
They don't go all the way as i have marked but gives you an idea where some are located.
People use them as i have had Suns members standing just behind my seats in the back row bottom level.
Also noticed at the ticket office digital sign advertising "standing room seating"
It is possible they may only sell them game day but that is just a guess on my part.

1708740748582.png

I have noticed them in the Green arears marked on the map below.
Sections 108- 121. They could also be in sections 101-108.
They don't go all the way as i have marked but gives you an idea where some are located.
People use them as i have had Suns members standing just behind my seats in the back row bottom level.
Also noticed at the ticket office digital sign advertising "standing room seating"
It is possible they may only sell them game day but that is just a guess on my part.

View attachment 1912272
Thanks. It's all new to me as I never experienced the sell out, haha.

Just bloody hope that this time Suns fans can make up at least 50% of the crowd (and not the usual 30% against big Vic clubs).

Last edited:

Just bloody hope that this time Suns fans can make up at least 50% of the crowd (and the usual 30% against big Vic clubs).
Yes, when the Tigers played the Lions in a final at the Gabba in 2019 the crowd was 55% Lions 45% Tigers.
Not as bad during the H & A season but they do have a big following.

I suppose it is up to the Suns members to purchase as many of the seats as possible and bring family/friends that are not members.
Easier said than done though.
You would think you could get 10K Suns members to the game, so that's about 43/45% which makes it better.

Just bloody hope that this time Suns fans can make up at least 50% of the crowd (and not the usual 30% against big Vic clubs).
I'm just hoping we're competitive
We have a bad history of underperforming when we have a marquee match of national interest in primetime

Hi guys,
I'll be heading down from the Sunny coast for the Crows game in a couple of weeks. Havent been to your stadium as yet. Would appreciate any advice where the best sections are to watch the game from.
Should be a cracker. Expecting the Suns to improve massively this year.

Hi guys,
I'll be heading down from the Sunny coast for the Crows game in a couple of weeks. Havent been to your stadium as yet. Would appreciate any advice where the best sections are to watch the game from.
Should be a cracker. Expecting the Suns to improve massively this year.
General consensus seems to be that the best view (that isn't in the corporate area) is on the eastern wing in the lower section of the second tier. The Crows game will be played at night so you don't need to worry about the sun that would typically be an issue in that area during a day game. I assume you're planning on driving to the game so it would be wise to familiarise yourself with the paid parking options across the road from the stadium or the free park n ride areas that run shuttle buses to and from the stadium. There are also free shuttle buses that run from the Nerang train station and the Broadbeach South tram stop so that's an option as well.

Hoping for a great game against the Crows. Would be great if this game also pulled a big crowd after the sell out we're expecting against Richmond the week before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back