Roast Perceived Anti-Suns Agenda in the Media

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dwayne said on 3aw last night Adelaide will win easy! He’s also said that the last 3 weeks about the teams we’ve played so hope he’s wrong again

That’s just Derwayne trying to build us up again so he can tear us down. Big Port man.

You guys are every chance to beat us this weekend, our coaching staff have no idea how to fix the gameplan and get our group to respond.

PS loving you guys shoving it up all the media types that had you going winless. Wish my club would show a bit of heart and desire...

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
That’s just Derwayne trying to build us up again so he can tear us down. Big Port man.

You guys are every chance to beat us this weekend, our coaching staff have no idea how to fix the gameplan and get our group to respond.

PS loving you guys shoving it up all the media types that had you going winless. Wish my club would show a bit of heart and desire...
Should be easy win for Adelaide , Betts 300 .

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
No wonder we have won 3 games, such a soft draw to start the season.
Wait until we start playing some Real Teams, right back to the "worst list in the history of the AFL".
Can't wait for the commentary when we lose 2 games in a row. Tassie, here we come!

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wait until we start playing some Real Teams, right back to the "worst list in the history of the AFL".
Can't wait for the commentary when we lose 2 games in a row. Tassie, here we come!
If we beat Adelaide they will just say they were undermanned and still finding their feet, there will be no mention of the Suns winning haha

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
There's some in the AFL media who rubbish the Tassie talk. Have a listen to Cal Twomey on the subject. He argues the case for keeping the Suns on the Coast, and goes in to the legitimate reasons as to why a Tassie team won't work.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
There's some in the AFL media who rubbish the Tassie talk. Have a listen to Cal Twomey on the subject. He argues the case for keeping the Suns on the Coast, and goes in to the legitimate reasons as to why a Tassie team won't work.
Any particular links you know of to listen to?

I'd love to hear a bit of positive talk about us and educate myself a bit more on why Tasmania wouldn't work.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Any particular links you know of to listen to?

I'd love to hear a bit of positive talk about us and educate myself a bit more on why Tasmania wouldn't work.
The main was on an episode of AFL exchange podcast last year.

It wasn't so much positive talk about GC the club, more about why Tasmania wouldn't work and why the AFL is right to keep financially supporting the Suns.

It was a combination of factors. The big one being financially and tied in to the TV rights deal and marketplace. But also the small population of Tassie spread out, the fact that many, many Tasmanians already support and are members of a Vic team, and travel to Victoria to watch games, and the tourism dollars that brings Vic. Would a Tasmanian team attract enough members to be financially stable, where to locate the team, weather issues and building or renovating and appropriate stadium.

While supporting a GC or Tas team might cost the AFL similarly financially, the benefits a having a team located on the GC outweigh those of having a Tas team.

Back