Perfect long term relationships that go sour

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Lol i wouldnt go that far. If you knew your gf well enough and knew she'd 100% love it... thats a bit different.
I just know i ******* wouldnt. Just some rose petals, candles, (cliched I know), down on one knee. That'd be enough for me.

Just need the guy :thumbsupv1:

or you know she’d 100% hate it and you bask in the awkwardness of the entire moment.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
It was more the blanket statement about women being incapable of loving men and instead are only capable of loving economic output. Women aren't shareholders, they're people. Making definitive sexist statements doesn't help anyone, least of all the miserable person making them.
Except that he is right. But lets overlook that shall we.
He did say "not all" women.

Last edited:

PatrickBateman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Cartagena, Colombia
AFL Club
Geelong
It was more the blanket statement about women being incapable of loving men and instead are only capable of loving economic output. Women aren't shareholders, they're people. Making definitive sexist statements doesn't help anyone, least of all the miserable person making them.

The point has merit. People need to stop thinking about 'love', movies, music and all it's lies, instead paying attention to reality.

Women are human, as are men. We're not the same generally speaking. There's biological, cultural, social influences that go into all of this. Women like security, which comes in various forms, one being money. Many (most?) would like to nest and raise children. What is at the top of a female's want list in her teens / 20s, changes...

Men need to realise this an use it to their advantage. I've seen examples again and again now I'm into my 40s. Women that men could never have gotten in their 20s and 30s all of a sudden become available IF the said men have made good decisions and worked hard - security, a good career / salary, investments, etc. This is really quite obvious, call it what you like.

A successful male in his 30s and 40s, in shape, has a smorgasbord of women to pick from, 5+ years younger than him too. A female of this age has very limited options. Women need to make hay while the sun shines, men need to pull their fingers out, work hard and build themselves into something.

Dec 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The point has merit. People need to stop thinking about 'love', movies, music and all it's lies, instead paying attention to reality.

Women are human, as are men. We're not the same generally speaking. There's biological, cultural, social influences that go into all of this. Women like security, which comes in various forms, one being money. Many (most?) would like to nest and raise children. What is at the top of a female's want list in her teens / 20s, changes...

Men need to realise this an use it to their advantage. I've seen examples again and again now I'm into my 40s. Women that men could never have gotten in their 20s and 30s all of a sudden become available IF the said men have made good decisions and worked hard - security, a good career / salary, investments, etc. This is really quite obvious, call it what you like.

A successful male in his 30s and 40s, in shape, has a smorgasbord of women to pick from, 5+ years younger than him too. A female of this age has very limited options. Women need to make hay while the sun shines, men need to pull their fingers out, work hard and build themselves into something.

Women want the world because their friends do.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

So if you dont have any sort of wealth, security, or impressive income, well you do...but just the low to average type of figures... your ****ed?

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
So if you dont have any sort of wealth, security, or impressive income, well you do...but just the low to average type of figures... your f’ed?

Actually I think it was more of a case that your description becomes a problem once you're in the 30-40 age bracket.

Before then not so much.

As in:

Be a nice human and hope you find a nice human

She had a kid last December, contrary to our conversations in the past about the subject, still doesn't feel real...

How many BigFooty posts does she have though?

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
I think it comes down to your formative years and what you do between 20-35. If you don't get a degree, don't get in shape, don't save money, don't work in a high paying job, drink, gamble etc then you'll likely end up with a partner who has most of the same attributes if you meet over the age of 30.

Likewise if you're university educated, save money and buy a house you'll be more likely to end up with someone who's on a similar wavelength. Same as vegetarians tend to be better suited to other vegetarians, or people in Ballarat to other people in Ballarat. To that point gender is mostly irrelevant, as compatibility and what you're seeking out of life is a human thing rather than limited to one specific gender. There are of course exceptions, but by and large it's the overarching way in which you live your life which determines who you end up with.

PatrickBateman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Cartagena, Colombia
AFL Club
Geelong
So if you dont have any sort of wealth, security, or impressive income, well you do...but just the low to average type of figures... your f’ed?

Depends on your definition of f'ed...

A guy who isn't in the process of, or hasn't built himself into something (depends on age), will not be attractive to QUALITY women. A quality man has purpose, puts time into his career, security, wealth and body. He's fit, lean and knows where he's going in life, has focus and is responsible.

A guy 30-35yrs and over, without focus on building wealth, a career, out of shape, etc, better spend his excess time getting himself in athlete like condition. It's all he's got.

Otherwise, enjoy single mums, baggage carriers, forever anti-depressant pill popping, bottle 'o' wine a night nasties. Most overweight, tattoos, filth...

If you consider yourself deserving of a quality woman without putting the work into yourself as a man? Then yes, you're f'ed.

Last edited:

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn

A guy who isn't in the process of, or hasn't built himself into something (depends on age), will not be attractive to QUALITY women. A quality man has purpose, puts time into his career, security, wealth and body. He's fit, lean and knows where he's going in life, has focus and is responsible.

A guy 30-35yrs and over, without focus on building wealth, a career, out of shape, etc, better spend his excess time getting himself in athlete like condition. It's all he's got.

Otherwise, enjoy single mums, baggage carriers, forever anti-depressant pill popping, bottle 'o' wine a night nasties. Most overweight, tattoos, filth...

If you consider yourself deserving of a quality woman without putting the work into yourself as a man? Then yes, you're f'ed.

strong username to post correlation

Dec 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

So basically most heterosexual women, despite the fact they may be fiercely independent, strong etc, want the the 3 Ps!!!

Provider

Protector

Producer

They will never admit it, most likely the contrary.

But she will judge you on the above, if your struggling with the above, or there is a better option, well...

PatrickBateman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Cartagena, Colombia
AFL Club
Geelong
So basically most heterosexual women, despite the fact they may be fiercely independent, strong etc, want the the 3 Ps!!!

Provider

Protector

Producer

They will never admit it, most likely the contrary.

But she will judge you on the above, if your struggling with the above, or there is a better option, well...

That's a start... Heard of the 3 6s? 6 - foot, 6 - figure$, 6 or > inches.

To their detriment today, women. Society and social media has put women in a position where a huge % of them feel deserved of a limited % of the male population. Men are part of the cause, they spend far too much time giving women (even trash) all this attention, money and compliments. You reap what you sow. Women want what they can't have, or have to work hard for, not the loser throwing her free attention.

Men waste time thinking about pursuing women, time they should spend on themselves. Women only throw themselves at busy men who generally don't give a s**t about them. Make yourself a quality man, take your pick.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That's a start... Heard of the 3 6s? 6 - foot, 6 - figure$, 6 or > inches.

To their detriment today, women. Society and social media has put women in a position where a huge % of them feel deserved of a limited % of the male population. Men are part of the cause, they spend far too much time giving women (even trash) all this attention, money and compliments. You reap what you sow. Women want what they can't have, or have to work hard for, not the loser throwing her free attention.

Men waste time thinking about pursuing women, time they should spend on themselves. Women only throw themselves at busy men who generally don't give a sh*t about them. Make yourself a quality man, take your pick.

Must be at least 6'.

Also, be a fireman with a beard and a motorbike and incredibly good looking, but not be a cheater.

Back