Perfect long term relationships that go sour

Remove this Banner Ad

Met in 1982, married in 1984, had children in 1985 and 1987, separated in 2017, I love the single life now but we are connected forever through children, grand children and shared experiences, a lot happens in 35 years although when you think about it a lot can actually happen in a few seconds that can have a dramatic affect on your life.

Where the hell did my life go? Turning 60 next month.

Met in 1982, married in 1984, had children in 1985 and 1987, separated in 2017, I love the single life now but we are connected forever through children, grand children and shared experiences, a lot happens in 35 years although when you think about it a lot can actually happen in a few seconds that can have a dramatic affect on your life.

Where the hell did my life go? Turning 60 next month.

I am single. Met probably 2 loves of my life- did not work out. Oh well.

Turning 40 next year.

Thinking the same thing...

I am single. Met probably 2 loves of my life- did not work out. Oh well.

Turning 40 next year.

Thinking the same thing...
Ah Shell, I remember being 40 and full of hope for the future. My father used to tell me that the older you get the quicker time seems to go, he was bloody spot on, the years are flying by, I can hardly grasp the fact that my eldest grandchild is 14.

Ah Shell, I remember being 40 and full of hope for the future. My father used to tell me that the older you get the quicker time seems to go, he was bloody spot on, the years are flying by, I can hardly grasp the fact that my eldest grandchild is 14.

I completely agree

20s were slow af. 30s flashed by

Was in a relationship for 4 years 23-27 that didn't work out. Was in another relationship for 12 months or so that didn't work out and recent attempts to re-ignite it also fizzled out. The embodiment of my 20's has been being unsure, when I was in a relationship I was wondering if I'd be better of being single. When I was single I was trying to re-kindle things with an ex to be in a relationship. Ultimately it's lead to periods of happiness but a lot of missed opportunity and a lot of self destructive behaviour.

Turning 30 in a couple of months and will be celebrating the milestone single which is contrary to 90% of my friends who are in happy long term relationships. For the moment I'm pretty happy being single as I've got other areas of my life I want to focus on and other goals I want to achieve. The downside is I'm totally over sex for the sake of sex and have no interest in one night stands or a FWB I have little in common with. There's so much more to be gained from having some sort of connection outside of the physical.

26 years old. Always been single. Always enjoyed being single. Lately been thinking what if...?

Had quite a few one night stands this year. They aren't as fun as they used to be. Starting to feel slightly lonely of a night when I haven't got much to do. Not sure if a relationship is the answer or a bit of a shift in my lifestyle.

Was in a relationship for 4 years 23-27 that didn't work out. Was in another relationship for 12 months or so that didn't work out and recent attempts to re-ignite it also fizzled out. The embodiment of my 20's has been being unsure, when I was in a relationship I was wondering if I'd be better of being single. When I was single I was trying to re-kindle things with an ex to be in a relationship. Ultimately it's lead to periods of happiness but a lot of missed opportunity and a lot of self destructive behaviour.

Turning 30 in a couple of months and will be celebrating the milestone single which is contrary to 90% of my friends who are in happy long term relationships. For the moment I'm pretty happy being single as I've got other areas of my life I want to focus on and other goals I want to achieve. The downside is I'm totally over sex for the sake of sex and have no interest in one night stands or a FWB I have little in common with. There's so much more to be gained from having some sort of connection outside of the physical.

Shits me to tears when ppl tell me to get on tinder. Um no couldnt be less interested thanks.

online dating can be whatever you want it to be however. i met my new gf thru bumble (and made some good female friends along the way from both tinder and bumble also that i still keep in touch with).

I tried RSVP for a good 8 months. Was horrendous did not enjoy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm 31 and all my male friends have broken up from long term 'perfect relationships', they're now lost trying to navigate through their 30s.

The girls were all bombshells and really easy to be around, and yet failed. My partner is average looking and at times I were jealous of my friends, my Mrs is my best mate though so that's something..
More the key thing IMO. A relationship where your other half could just be a great friend if you weren't in a relationship are the one's most likely to last IMO. Looks fade no matter how good they started out as.

36. 2 r/ships did not work. Some others that were going nowhere. Other life circumstances deemed r/ships impossible. Gotten to the stage now where I doubt I will ever settle/meet anyone. And am OK with it for the most part. Just do not really fit in with most of it. Find loneliness gets worse as you get older but it is what it is. I have managed to build a structure to my life so will keep on living it.

online dating can be whatever you want it to be however. i met my new gf thru bumble (and made some good female friends along the way from both tinder and bumble also that i still keep in touch with).

Tinder has had it's day I think, it seems to be a place where most people just want to promote their Instagram and get more followers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back