Politics Perfidious Albion - The Crimes of The English Empire known as "the United Kingdom"

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A thread for the identification of, discussion of, general talking about, the dark actions past and present of the United Kingdom, a political construct masquerading as a legitimate entity, but which is in fact but a blood soaked English empire on the islands off the northwest coast of the European continent.

We begin with the collaboration between British intelligence and Gaddafi in the 2000s. In which the Brits rendered people to be tortured by Gaddafi, did oil business with Gaddafi, helped Gaddafi back into international legitimacy, and then proceeded to overthrow him.

At one meeting between the ESO, MI6 and MI5, the British passed over a briefing paper that MI5 had prepared. “Greetings from the British Security Service,” it read. “We … wish to share with you information that we have that may be of interest.” It contained details about the whereabouts and movements of Gaddafi’s opponents in London, Brighton, Peshawar and Los Angeles. MI5 also passed on details of “UK-based Libyan extremists”. British intelligence was starting to track the LIFG leadership. ESO asked the British if they could help capture Belhaj, who was in China with his Moroccan wife, Fatima Bouchar. MI6 replied that they must first sound out the Chinese.

British intelligence officers were not unaware of how this activity would be viewed at home. In advance of another meeting, Sadegh Krema, the deputy head of the ESO, passed around an internal note in which he warned that the British were particularly anxious that the meeting should remain “confidential”, because the “domestic political and legal situation [in Britain] is complicated”.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/09/how-britain-did-gaddafis-dirty-work-libya

The "concentration camp" phenomenon was (arguably) a British invention.

http://www.sahistory.org.za/topic/w...tration-camps-during-anglo-boer-war-1900-1902

Boer women, children and men unfit for service were herded together in concentration camps by the British forces during Anglo-Boer War 2 (1899-1902). The first two of these camps (refugee camps) were established to house the families of burghers who had surrendered voluntarily, but very soon, with families of combatant burgers driven forcibly into camps established all over the country, the camps ceased to be refugee camps and became concentration camps. The abhorrent conditions in these camps caused the death of 4 177 women, 22 074 children under sixteen and 1 676 men, mainly those too old to be on commando, notwithstanding the efforts of an English lady, Emily Hobhouse, who tried her best to make the British authorities aware of the plight of especially the women and children in the camps.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Libyan stuff particularly vile. Blair agreed to have British special forces and elite units train Libyan Army.

There was consternation at this among units like the SAS and Paras, who had lost troops fighting the IRA, with the IRA using weapons provided by none other than ... Libya.

Then the Brits, having given up LIFG people to Gaddafi in the 00s literally airlifted remaining supporters in the UK to Libya to help overthrow Gaddafi.

One of these LIFG guys then came back to Britain and blew up the Ariana Grande concert killing dozens of kids.

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Edward I invading and conquering Wales in 1282.

Edward I invading Scotland in 1296 and taking Berwick in a particularly bloody attack where at least 4,000 people were massacred.

Edward III invading France in July 1346 with 15,000 men, after claiming the throne of France in 1337 and then burning and pillaging their way across northern France.

The massacre of 300 civilians at Limoges in France by English - Gascon troops at Limoges in 1370.

And what about Ethelred II's massacre of all Danes living in England on St Brice's Day in 1002.

English troops massacred Spanish and Italian invasion forces at Dun an Oir in West Kerry, Ireland in 1579. At least 600 were killed.

And then there's the Mystic massacre in 1637 in Connecticut when English settlers killed 700 Indians, including women, children, and elderly.

And what about Boudicca's massacre of between seventy and eighty thousand people in AD60?

Where does it end?

Last edited:

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Birmingham 6, Guildford 4. This s**t is my lifetime.

And as the book points out the British state explicitly running, as in handing guns to the killers, death squads that killed dozens of civilians

And as the book points out the British state explicitly running, as in handing guns to the killers, death squads that killed dozens of civilians
It was war and it was a civil war which is the worst. I've always thought calling it the "The Troubles" is kind of insulting to those who had to live through it, and is a way of trying to understate it in history. Up until the late 90s the English fought a war on home soil.

King Brown

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Edward I invading and conquering Wales in 1282.

Edward I invading Scotland in 1296 and taking Berwick in a particularly bloody attack where at least 4,000 people were massacred.

Edward III invading France in July 1346 with 15,000 men, after claiming the throne of France in 1337 and then burning and pillaging their way across northern France.

The massacre of 300 civilians at Limoges in France by English - Gascon troops at Limoges in 1370.

And what about Ethelred II's massacre of all Danes living in England on St Brice's Day in 1002.

English troops massacred Spanish and Italian invasion forces at Dun an Oir in West Kerry, Ireland in 1579. At least 600 were killed.

And then there's the Mystic massacre in 1637 in Connecticut when English settlers killed 700 Indians, including women, children, and elderly.

And what about Boudicca's massacre of between seventy and eighty thousand people in AD60?

Where does it end?
Bit of a magnitude of difference to tens of millions of Bengalis who died from famine from British economic policy. Four million alone during WW2.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
There's polls (that I can't be ****ed googling) showing most Britons think the Empire was actually a good thing for the rest of the world. I'm sure that tilts towards the grey-haired racists but it's still amazing. I think television is partly to blame. UK TV is filled with stuff set in the "good old guys" from the sailship era to pre-1970s.

Last edited:

rockyport

Rookie
Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There's polls (that I can't be ****** googling) showing most Britons think the Empire was actually a good thing for the rest of the world. I'm sure that tilts towards the grey-haired racists but it's still amazing. I think television is partly to blame. UK TV is filled with stuff set in the "good old guys" from the sailship era to pre-1970s.
Good and bad. You can't deny that the English empire also increased living standards dramatically across countries.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Good and bad. You can't deny that the English empire also increased living standards dramatically across countries.

Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves. Britons never, ever, ever shall be slaves....Which is why they're leaving the E.U....Once they pay the mafioso's $100 Billion ransom note.:thumbsu:

Proud SJW

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was war and it was a civil war which is the worst. I've always thought calling it the "The Troubles" is kind of insulting to those who had to live through it, and is a way of trying to understate it in history. Up until the late 90s the English fought a war on home soil.
Except that "The Troubles" is the term coined by those who did actually live through it, in the typically understated style of the folks in the UK which is still in evidence even now. And that includes the Irish themselves.

So what are you trying to tell us, the Irish are insulting themselves? That they don't understand how serious it all was? That you, who were not there and did not experience those times, somehow have more of an understanding of it than those who were did?

I wonder what might happen if you wandered around Northern Ireland telling people they weren't taking it seriously enough and you think they should use better words. I'd imagine getting told to shove your "empathy" up your own arse would be the least of your... troubles.

King Brown

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
You can't, but you also can't deny that communism did the same in Russia and China. Both were feudal backwaters populated by a large and extremely poor peasant class, that under the auspices of communism were transformed into industrial and military superpowers. China is now largest economy in the world.

So the argument that the price of Empire (tens of millions of deaths) was worth paying for the eventual transformation of those countries could easily be said about Mao. Gotta break some eggs to make an omelette.

Back