Peril Clash Strip finally!

Remove this Banner Ad

Words can not describe how happy I am with this!!!

Note also the traditional Royal Blue uniform (despite being our away jumper) sits proudly in the centre of the three.

It is like even the marketing team know this is our real jumper, not the navy cousin.

This part of the article:

"The gold guernsey has not been worn as part of the official West Coast uniform since 1994"

They must mean it was still an official uniform even though it was NEVER used in 1994. When was the last time the original yellow was used before it was brought back as a heritage jumper? Surely did not escape the 1980s.

I can only fathom they've said 1994 as the original jumper design (ignoring the colour) was used to this year and the Navy with the removed EAGLES font was introduced in 1995.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, are we allowed to call it peril now?

Long live the peril!

Depends on whether you care about upsetting Chinese Eagles fans I guess. It's not like 4% of the Australian population is of Chinese descent or anything...And I'm sure none of them have BigFooty subscriptions because that would require them to speak English, enjoy AFL and have access to the internet which is a really rare combination for people living in Australia.

hqdefault.jpg

Depends on whether you care about upsetting Chinese Eagles fans I guess. It's not like 4% of the Australian population is of Chinese descent or anything...And I'm sure none of them have BigFooty subscriptions because that would require them to speak English, enjoy AFL and have access to the internet which is a really rare combination for people living in Australia.
Take your PC crap elsewhere. It is and always will be yellow peril, it has no connection to the Chinese during the gold rush.

"The gold guernsey has not been worn as part of the official West Coast uniform since 1994"

They must mean it was still an official uniform even though it was NEVER used in 1994. When was the last time the original yellow was used before it was brought back as a heritage jumper? Surely did not escape the 1980s.

I can only fathom they've said 1994 as the original jumper design (ignoring the colour) was used to this year and the Navy with the removed EAGLES font was introduced in 1995.
According to footyjumpers.com, Round 17 1998

It was used up to 94 as a training jumper, but wasn't worn in a game past 88.
The current head actually looks a lot better on the peril than I thought it would. lmack's is ace and would be awesome, but i'm more than pleased with what we've got now.
Ditto, I'm just happy the wings are completed.

Chinese guy - Yellow Peril!! Sick guernsey brah.
PC guy - You know that was a racist term for your people right?
Chinese guy - What? Our people? Why?
PC guy - Yeah it was used in the early 1900's to describe Asian immigrants as dangerous to society.
Chinese guy - Wow, I never knew that. I wasn't alive, neither were my parents. I now think Australians are racist.
PC guy - Just as well I brought it to your attention so you can now be upset by it too.
Chinese guy - ...and to think I was so unaware that next to nobody living today has used that term in a racially hurtful way.
PC guy - Well now you can be mad at everyone and fight the good fight.
Chinese guy - Thanks, but I think I prefer the unity I shared with those I now think are racist before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back