Multiplat Persona 4 Golden - now on Switch/PS/Xbox

Remove this Banner Ad

After accidentally getting the bad ending, I finally finished it this afternoon. Really enjoyed it after being worried about going back from Persona 5.

Might be a hot take but I liked the characters more in P4, they felt more grounded. Teddie was abit of a weirdo, most of the writing that doesn’t hold up these days came from him haha!

The only real criticism is a lot of the boss fights were kind of bland, without weaknesses or summons etc. you basically slogged through their health. No tactics or strategy really required.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly how I felt after first playing vanilla P5. I think I still preferred P4G initially but P5R really improved on P5 to where it became my favourite. Mostly to do with the combat and things here and there. I like P4's story and calender more (planning rainy days ahead and knowing I could do social stuff in between, rather than just slogging out a palace and forgetting about everything else). Teddie is IMO better than Morgana but I find Chie's voice acting really grating and cringe.

Exactly how I felt after first playing vanilla P5. I think I still preferred P4G initially but P5R really improved on P5 to where it became my favourite. Mostly to do with the combat and things here and there. I like P4's story and calender more (planning rainy days ahead and knowing I could do social stuff in between, rather than just slogging out a palace and forgetting about everything else). Teddie is IMO better than Morgana but I find Chie's voice acting really grating and cringe.

I missed Baton Pass the most of all, makes combat so much quicker! I kept running out of SP because you can’t just flick to a character who has the skill you need to finish the fight off quickly.

100% agree with you on the story and Chie, which is why I ended up dating Yukiko. I don’t think it helped Chie that she had the weakest story. Loved that stuff with Nanako and Dojima as well.

Do you know how Persona 3 holds up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back