Multiplat Persona 5 - Including Royal and Striker

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a reason why this isn't on the JB site nor in store today?
Had to pay full price at EB :(

Made it 3.5 hours in tonight, getting sucked in but hoping I get off the leash shortly. From memory I think P4 took about 4 hours in that regard so nearly there.

Early game story stuff
lmao @ shadow Kamoshida. Robe, pink undies and hairy legs. So far I think I prefer the premise in P4 where you could only go into the other reality when there was fog. Still early days but looks like this one you just use the app? Only being able to go on certain days meant I could better time manage.

So far so good though.

Loving it!
I was a little worried the story and the idea of a gang of high school thieves wasn't really going to grab me like P4 did, however the opening hours have been great and really nothing like what I had imagined going off trailers.

Played 2.5 hours yesterday then the missus got home and made me start again cos she wants in on it too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still too early it's pretty good so far but I wasn't happy that I was forced to fuse personas at the start so I ended up having to fuse my cool looking dude into something s**t haha

Haha I was the same. I had 3 personas at the time and was doing everything possible to try and avoid fusing him. Going to buy him back on my next visit to the velvet room anyway.

I've had the post fight music going through my head all day.

Really enjoying my first few hours with the game, think I'm close to where it all opens up for me (hopefully).

I'm surprised by some of the subject matter they are tackling early in the piece.

Stuff like rape, suicide along with physical and sexual child abuse within the first 5 hours is a hell of a tone setter.

But I am coming into this game with very little knowledge about the series itself other than it's a turn based JRPG

Haha I was the same. I had 3 personas at the time and was doing everything possible to try and avoid fusing him. Going to buy him back on my next visit to the velvet room anyway.

I haven't gotten to fusing yet, but I've already got 4x personas for Akira (or whatever you named him). I just started collecting them like pokemon as soon as the ability was unlocked.

I've had the post fight music going through my head all day.

Really enjoying my first few hours with the game, think I'm close to where it all opens up for me (hopefully).

I'm surprised by some of the subject matter they are tackling early in the piece.

Stuff like rape, suicide along with physical and sexual child abuse within the first 5 hours is a hell of a tone setter.

But I am coming into this game with very little knowledge about the series itself other than it's a turn based JRPG

Once you get the message "you're free to do what you want after school" you're pretty close to doing what you want (the message is a bit misleading because it's not quite true). It's usually pretty abrupt from hours of tunnelling you through the game to you properly social simming trying to juggle your school work, part time job, social life and kicking butt in the metaverse.

I haven't gotten to fusing yet, but I've already got 4x personas for Akira (or whatever you named him). I just started collecting them like pokemon as soon as the ability was unlocked.

I would have had four at the start but I screwed up a negotiation and now I'm one hit killing most of them and can't put them in a downed state. Now I have to wait a bit more until enemies are stronger and I can keep light elemental attacks just for putting down Personamons to capture them.

While the stuff about Personas (it's kind of like an occult version of Pokemon I guess roughly) is continuous from game to game, each story is self contained about a new set of high school kids so you don't need any prior knowledge what so ever :thumbsu:

I've decided I will jump into this. I'm pretty sure I'm done with Zelda for now (until the DLC comes out at least) so I was tossing up between this and Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm looking forward to some turn based fighting goodness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back