Multiplat Persona 5 - Including Royal and Striker

Remove this Banner Ad

Must say I like the characters a lot more in P5 than I did in P4 and I really liked a few characters in that game. Havnt found many characters I dislike and Ann shits over Chie and Yukiko she is a lot more likeable to me same with Ryuji over yasuke

Yasuke and Ryuji I find are almost identical, not that there is anything wrong with that :D I liked Yukiko but absolutely detested Chie, I swear I heard her voice on an extra somewhere and was like noooooooooooo. Only character annoying me is occasionally Morgana being a more infantile Teddie. I'm sure Morgana's story will unfold and be pretty key later in the game though. I'm still only at second palace (trying to tie up a couple other games at the same time) and the only thing shitting me is whenever it lets me finally have control over my spare time it takes control back again. P4 did it too but not as often. Hoping this gets less later on.

Any tips for a newbie? Will start this over the next couple days, just trying to polish off Psycho-Pass first.

I reckon it's worth reading a few "Things I wish I knew before I started Persona 5" Guides on various sites.
They are good to just give a brief overview of some things to focus on.

The tutorial in the game is actually really good (and goes for about 10hrs haha) and I feel I've been spending my time really well. Just make sure when you do get a chance to walk around you go to every location and talk to every person, you'll be surprised by who can be really important. Don't necessarily engage with everything (as it wastes time), but know what everything does.
The game will give you clues as to what everything does, the best time to do it etc.

I've probably taken things too far, but I have a brief list of what to do on a Monday, Tues etc. and when it's raining.
There are a few things to boost your stats that don't take time, so make note of those (watering you plants/buying juice).

I'm quite a slow player and tend to wander around a fair bit, but I really love the world and listening in on conversations.

I'm only up to the 2nd palace and money comes very easily, so I wouldn't necessarily sell that SOMA item than bulletride is talking about, but you can do what you want.

I've never played a Persona game before, but this game has me absolutely hooked!!

I'm only up to the 2nd palace and money comes very easily, so I wouldn't necessarily sell that SOMA item than bulletride is talking about, but you can do what you want.

Probably should have mentioned I'm a first timer too and only early in so I have no idea if selling it is a good idea or not :p

Haven't found money an issue yet and have my team in the best gear from Airsoft as combat seems to bet a fair bit. In the first couple days I got the part time job at 777 and I don't think I showed up for another two weeks. When I did they were like "oh, you're that guy that applied. Here, just watch how to do things" and I haven't been back since :D. If only real life were that easy.

I've been playing for about 10 hours and finally finished the first palace. Really surprised, in a good way, by the maturity of the themes that the game has tackled so far. Can't wait to see how the game progresses from here.

Any tips for a newbie? Will start this over the next couple days, just trying to polish off Psycho-Pass first.

My main tip, as a fellow newbie, is that the dungeons are not meant to be completed in one go. At least in the beginning you don't have the health or items to do the whole thing without a lot of trouble.

I called my mum tonight to talk to her about the two weeks she just spent in Japan. She was telling me about Tokyo and mentioned Shibuya wondered how I already knew all about it. I just said vidya gaems.

Had a solid slog tonight and secured treasure path of second palace. What an awesome dungeon, I hope they keep building on these ideas for the next ones.

I thought of another beginner tip while I was playing tonight and that's to push as far as you can into a palace before calling it quits. It's easy to do a floor or two and call it a day, but if you can then stock up on SP refill items and just keep pushing. The earlier you secure that route the more time you have to grind XP, farm personas, as well as do whatever you want while the count down is on. The game doesn't seem to pinch days by forcing you to do too much other stuff while there is an active deadline. Unlike previous Persona games you have to send the calling card now so you just can't leave it until the last moment anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finished the first palace and I'm pretty hooked.

Unlike the others I'm struggling for cash a little think I only have about 16k and I don't have all of the best weapons either at this point. I don't want to grind out the job yet as I want to build stat bonuses & work on my friendships.

Kamoshida is such a good name for a bad guy as well, rolls off the tongue well.

Enjoying all of the characters, music is amazing all of it is so catchy.

Finished the first palace and I'm pretty hooked.

Unlike the others I'm struggling for cash a little think I only have about 16k and I don't have all of the best weapons either at this point. I don't want to grind out the job yet as I want to build stat bonuses & work on my friendships.

Kamoshida is such a good name for a bad guy as well, rolls off the tongue well.

Enjoying all of the characters, music is amazing all of it is so catchy.

Money wise I was in the same boat at that point in the game. However, after a few sidequests - which appear to be mandatory - I now have the best weapons available and I haven't even started the second palace yet. Also don't have a job yet.

I reckon it's worth reading a few "Things I wish I knew before I started Persona 5" Guides on various sites.
Had a look and they all confused the s**t out of me. :D

Think I'll just get started and find my feet that way, haha. Will get to it this afternoon. Can't wait.

Had a look and they all confused the s**t out of me. :D

Think I'll just get started and find my feet that way, haha. Will get to it this afternoon. Can't wait.

Play about 2 hours and read the articles again. That's when it started sinking in a lot more.

Haha yep what The Big Sauce said is right.

I remember looking up stuff about game before I bought it and being so confused, there was talk about reading books on the train if you get a seat, I didn't know if it meant in real life or in the game haha.

The tutorial in the game is excellent, 95% of things are really well explained.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back