Multiplat Persona 5 - Including Royal and Striker

Remove this Banner Ad

Have just been to Hawaii and the game's got the hooks back in again - Lots happening in the main story (I can't remember exactly how it goes, so that helps) + juggling a lot of social links; there's never enough time but it's fun trying to fit everything in, and seeing how those stories pan out. Time's flying and have had some long sessions now because it's hard to stop.

Only thing I'm not really into are the palaces, reckon they're great thematically but find them a bit too fiddly to enjoy playing. Not that big a deal though.

Also just having a read back through this thread from the start which has been an entertaining read! I apparently spent most of my time early on studying for exams, lol. This was my favourite post

Problem with Moon is having to hang out with Mishima. That guy is is aids.

Oh god he's too real. Getting stuck at a table next to a bloke like that is a phobia of mine lol

Was looking for a good reason to purchase this for a while and found a copy of the Standard Persona 5 (not royal) at JB for $29.

A week later, 40 hours in, have completed the first two castles and very very addicted (also regretting not getting Royal now).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was looking for a good reason to purchase this for a while and found a copy of the Standard Persona 5 (not royal) at JB for $29.

A week later, 40 hours in, have completed the first two castles and very very addicted (also regretting not getting Royal now).
Yesss. Join the addiction.

The reviews on this are amazing, and while it's on my list to play. I have no idea what the hell is meant to be going on. I've watched the trailer and it still leaves me with no idea

Are Royal and Scramble improved editions? Similar to what The Zodiac Age did for FFXII?

I'll only play it once so want the best version, leaning towards Royal as it's the most recent PS4 release, but now I see there is something called Scramble. Apparently Royal over the normal one makes a ton of improvements, so the choice is between R vs S? Is Scramble a sequel and I should play Royal first?

What's the difference between Persona 5, PS5 Royal and PS5 Scramble?

I really think they should have named these games more clearly lol.

Last edited:
What's the difference between Persona 5, PS5 Royal and PS5 Scramble?

Persona Replay is an improved/ extended version of Persona 5 (Whether or not the improvements are worth an extra $60 I will leave you to decide).

Persona scramble is more similar to the dynasty warriors games (Mock up between the two games).

Persona Replay is an improved/ extended version of Persona 5 (Whether or not the improvements are worth an extra $60 I will leave you to decide).

Persona scramble is more similar to the dynasty warriors games (Mock up between the two games).
Is it one or the other between Royal and Scramble or is Scramble a sequel and a different story?

Royal is more definitive than base P5. Nothing will be missed by choosing regular P5 over Royal though if it can be bought for a bargain. It's just that Royal is probably a little more polished in that some gameplay elements have been refined. The story is a little longer too.

Who knows when Scramble is out. I think it's out already in Japan but the English port will take a while of history is anything to go by. And then Atlus will need to be dragged kicking and screaming to release it on PS5 and they always seem to be a generation behind in their development.

I just 'finished' P5R and feel like an absolute goose - I missed most of the new stuff! Was looking it up during the credits, thinking 'gee, this wasn't really that different from what I remembered'. Oh well. Will look into a new game plus sometime in a few months, with a fair bit of dialogue skipping. Also I feel bad for dating Makoto this time. Felt like I was cheating on my old P5 girlfriend, Ms Kiwakami. Though that's probably a sign she should be in jail, more than anything.

Other than that, REALLY enjoyed the back half of the game, moreso than the first time. I was pretty sad to say goodbye to the gang by the end. Top stuff, probably the best RPG from the last few years.

Cm99nzZ.jpg

Haters of the Persona series are weird

Got a friend who said the series is creepy, the writers are problematic, and fans of Persona series can't hold human interactions in real life

Meanwhile he likes Xenoblades where the female characters have Z cup ****, you collect robo anime girls who call you master

Of all the weeb games, this series probably is one of the most wholesome and unproblematic ones. I normally hate weeb s**t but Persona's great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back