Multiplat Persona 5 - Including Royal and Striker

Remove this Banner Ad

I tell you what, one major positive to come out of working from home lately has been the ability to chuck the headphones on and punch out a report while the Persona 5 soundtrack plays. Often catch myself tapping out to the beat on the keyboard, some absolutely amazing songs.

Haters of the Persona series are weird

Got a friend who said the series is creepy, the writers are problematic, and fans of Persona series can't hold human interactions in real life

Meanwhile he likes Xenoblades where the female characters have Z cup ****, you collect robo anime girls who call you master

Of all the weeb games, this series probably is one of the most wholesome and unproblematic ones. I normally hate weeb sh*t but Persona's great
Hey Xenoblade games are great :p

I finished XBDE and then when straight into Royal which I finished a couple of days ago and both are great games but Persona 5 is its own beast entirely. Really hope Scramble comes out sooner rather than later aswell.

Finished P4 vanilla content and onto Golden content

The main cast is better than P5's, but the story's kinda meh IMO, bit of a mediocre murder mystery. Kinda obvious who the culprit is once you pay a bit of attention, and not a fan of the culprit either

Main cast absolutely more lovable than P5's, but some of the social links succccck

80hrs deep on my second playthrough (1st time for Royal) and am as hooked as ever.

I think the last time I replayed a game was Mass Effect 2 or KOTOR, but man if this game isn't just as fun and awesome the second time around.

Royal adds A LOT of great content too.

I am forever indebted to my coworker from 3 years ago who recommended this game to me.

Any little caution I had previously being a totally different style of game were dashed quick. I'm only a few battles in but it was a blast, it still feels like a Persona game. It felt like a reunion of friends too because there was about the same time of passed from P5 to Strikers as when I played Royal. Probably the only thing missing that I thought would have been cool was if it could read a P5 or Royal save for some contextual dialogue, even if it was just something at the start.

Agree with that. I've never really gotten on with these Dynasty Warriors style games (from the little I've played). Early days but it seems like they've nailed the P5 aesthetic and like you say it's great to hang out with the gang again. Even if I don't get along with the fighting there should be plenty to enjoy, but hopefully it clicks.

I'm partly through the additional semester for P5R, what an awesome addition this has been.
I love the idea for the Palace and what the Palace Ruler has done. This isn't just some thrown together half-assed job, it's genuinely one of the better told stories of the whole game.
Also works perfectly with the 'ending' of the original game.

140hrs in and still not sick of it.

I don't think I'll just straight to Strikers as I'll probably enjoy a little break in-between, but I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Agree with that. I've never really gotten on with these Dynasty Warriors style games (from the little I've played). Early days but it seems like they've nailed the P5 aesthetic and like you say it's great to hang out with the gang again. Even if I don't get along with the fighting there should be plenty to enjoy, but hopefully it clicks.

I'm actually finding the combat tough. Probably me though because I haven't really got the hang of the baton passing and SP seems to be an absolute premium so I'm too scared to use any persona abilities and am just mashing square.

You're not kidding about the difficulty - Had a real slog through the first dungeon last night with no SP for any of my characters - I didn't realise you can just leave the dungeon at the checkpoints, stock up on supplies and get back into it refreshed without the game advancing a day.

I was still in regular Persona 5 mode, where I didn't want to waste any days. But yeah, in the same boat as you, don't like using SP (or items) unless absolutely necessary!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think so. The story really does feel like a proper sequel so far (about 15 hours in) with high quality writing. There's a lot of it too. I'm impressed.

RE the fighting, it has taken me a while to get along with (it's pretty chaotic; you're often fighting 10+ enemies at once, swapping between 4 player characters, figuring out how to exploit weaknesses without wasting your limited SP, etc etc) but it HAS clicked and find it really entertaining now.

Aside from fighting the major difference is you don't get the day-to-day time management stuff from Persona, so you're not managing your social links, upgrading your stats, going to school, levelling up etc.

I think so. The story really does feel like a proper sequel so far (about 15 hours in) with high quality writing. There's a lot of it too. I'm impressed.

RE the fighting, it has taken me a while to get along with (it's pretty chaotic; you're often fighting 10+ enemies at once, swapping between 4 player characters, figuring out how to exploit weaknesses without wasting your limited SP, etc etc) but it HAS clicked and find it really entertaining now.

Aside from fighting the major difference is you don't get the day-to-day time management stuff from Persona, so you're not managing your social links, upgrading your stats, going to school, levelling up etc.
Thanks for the info, i'll give it a go

I'm partly through the additional semester for P5R, what an awesome addition this has been.
I love the idea for the Palace and what the Palace Ruler has done. This isn't just some thrown together half-assed job, it's genuinely one of the better told stories of the whole game.
Also works perfectly with the 'ending' of the original game.

140hrs in and still not sick of it.

I don't think I'll just straight to Strikers as I'll probably enjoy a little break in-between, but I'm really looking forward to playing it.

i got so burned out in maruki'as palace, my save file is still there, i really want to just finish it and start NG+. i think i'm up to finishing momentos which is tied in with his palace, it just goes on forever...

Jumped back into Persona 5 on a whim this weekend after starting it a year ago. I’ve finished the first palace and I’m hooked, I can’t remember a lot of the tutorials so no idea about fusing personas haha!

Need to do some reading.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The boss in Okumura’s palace has me ready to quit.

That fight is awful and even worse in Royal. It's really about chaining up those crits and technicals and stuff.

I didn't do this but apparently putting the difficulty to merciless helps due to increased elemental damage?

That fight is awful and even worse in Royal. It's really about chaining up those crits and technicals and stuff.

I didn't do this but apparently putting the difficulty to merciless helps due to increased elemental damage?

I might try that. I get through it fairly easily up until the 4 big green ones, just don’t have anything that can knock them over before they run away.

That did the trick, one shotted everything until the big green ones but still breezed past them.

Thanks for the tip!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back