Multiplat Persona 5 - Including Royal and Striker

Remove this Banner Ad

Kill him legitimately? Very, very, very late game. He's tough. Very tough.

Cheese him? Any of these dates:
  • 11/13
  • 11/14
  • 11/15
  • 12/8
  • 12/9

Flu cheese him. Technically if I loiter around now I can kill him but my level 36 ass will just get destroyed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I choose to withhold this information. :straining:

136 hours. Both playthroughs could have been a lot quicker though.

136 combined?

I'm at like 58 hours mid August. I'm going to have a monster playthrough time for my first play through

Mine was 126 hours. Remove TV, dinner, general AFK and poo breaks and probably still around the 100 hour mark. Those sorts of hours for me are typically reserved for Skyrim and Witcher sorts of games.
I'm curious to see what my final time will be.

The issues with the late-game content are well-documented but I genuinely think the worst, most tedious part of the game is Palace #5
Okumura's Palace is genuinely awful. Tedious puzzles, forced re-treading of paths, overly lengthy, enemies with annoying weakness/resistance combinations, terrible boss, etc. Hated it the first time 'round and hating it even more the second.

Just finished Palace #5

Half way through I was waiting for it to get bad. Three-quarters of the way through I was waiting for it to get bad. Then in that last quarter it got bad. That last map was so frustrating, outside of that floor I found the palace fine.

The boss itself was fine outside of the hunger spam. Which caught me off guard as it was an ailment I hadn't received before.

What annoyed me was that the game for some reason wouldn't let me use Alert Capsule items to heal the Hunger despite the item saying that it cures Dizzy/Forget/Sleep/Hunger for one ally. Which I don't know if it was a translation error. But I had 6 of those that I couldn't use and only 2 of the Hiranya item which the game would let me use. So I had to be selective over which characters I used healing items on.

Outside of that the boss was pretty mediocre I thought.

Just finished Palace #5

Half way through I was waiting for it to get bad. Three-quarters of the way through I was waiting for it to get bad. Then in that last quarter it got bad. That last map was so frustrating, outside of that floor I found the palace fine.

The boss itself was fine outside of the hunger spam. Which caught me off guard as it was an ailment I hadn't received before.

What annoyed me was that the game for some reason wouldn't let me use Alert Capsule items to heal the Hunger despite the item saying that it cures Dizzy/Forget/Sleep/Hunger for one ally. Which I don't know if it was a translation error. But I had 6 of those that I couldn't use and only 2 of the Hiranya item which the game would let me use. So I had to be selective over which characters I used healing items on.

I read some time later with that boss that his super ability that looked like nyah cat would heal characters affected with hunger instead of damaging/killing. Not 100% sure about it as it was too late for me and too late for you to try now, but I thought that was interesting and a pretty cool touch if true.

Just finished Palace #5

Fair enough! I really disliked it and honestly dreaded going back there in my second playthrough, haha. Just didn't find it enjoyable at all.

I read some time later with that boss that his super ability that looked like nyah cat would heal characters affected with hunger instead of damaging/killing. Not 100% sure about it as it was too late for me and too late for you to try now, but I thought that was interesting and a pretty cool touch if true.
Can confirm. Was actually really useful as it let you keep moving with at least one party member.

Fair enough! I really disliked it and honestly dreaded going back there in my second playthrough, haha. Just didn't find it enjoyable at all.

I think the posting in here prepared me for the worst in a way. Kind of like all of the posts about Chapter 13 in FFXV lead to some being surprised that it wasn't the worst thing ever. So when it was only one section that annoyed me I was pleasantly surprised.

Defeated the Reaper. He didn't get despair anywhere near as often as I expected during flu-season so there were four or five wipes before he finally went down.

I think the posting in here prepared me for the worst in a way. Kind of like all of the posts about Chapter 13 in FFXV lead to some being surprised that it wasn't the worst thing ever. So when it was only one section that annoyed me I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah it didn't seem that bad to me. I didn't mind any of the areas in that palace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back