Perth Demons Supporters Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a rumour today that Cousins may captain/coach Perth next year.

Good move or bad move, if it happens?

Huge rumour.

I thought he was staying in Melbourne though?

Good move IMO, helps his coaching career and I still believe plenty of Perth players will respect him.

You're not alone pp, I rate him as well. Like what he offers and what he does around the packs. Would like to see him rookie listed, see what he can do then?:thumbsu:

Would love to see him on an AFL rookie list and who knows, it could be a possibility with more mature age players likely to be selected over the next few years.

Heard a rumour today that Cousins may captain/coach Perth next year.

Good move or bad move, if it happens?

Would be a very interesting move if the rumours turned out to be true. You can't deny his ability as a player but his coaching may be lacking severely...

Damon White has quit the Roosters to go back home to Perth - I see he is a former Demon. Be interesting to see if he goes back there.

Damon White has quit the Roosters to go back home to Perth - I see he is a former Demon. Be interesting to see if he goes back there.
It was announced in yesterdays paper over here. He's agreed to a 2 yr deal with the Perth Demons. His younger brother Dene is a midfielder and has notched up about 30 - 40 league games in the last few years. Damon will be a welcome addition to the club as we have been crying out for genuine kpp's.

P.S. Do you want Andrew Jarman back? ;) Jars was good value in terms of creating excitement and interest and the first year was promising without being successful but players left after his first year and the club failed to recruit which meant he had a depleted and in experience list to work with in 2010. He did blood a lot of young kids this year which will stand us in good stead for future years to come. I hold no bitterness towards Jars and glad we brought him to WA. He was good for the WAFL and I wish him and his family all the best back in SA.

Tendai Mzungu won the Butcher Medal for 2010. Ross Young runner-up and Aaron Elari third.

Fantastic effort from Elari in particular. Very exciting prospect.

Daniel Venditti was the reserves fairest and best and Joel Leeson won it for the colts.

1% award went to Brett Hodge and best clubman was Venditti. Freo's Justin Bollenhagen leading goal kicker for the year with 44.

Nick Lower, Jayden Pitt & Gavin Roberts allocated to Perth.

Large contingent of FFC players at the club. :thumbsu:

anyone know of a site with games played type records of former wafl players? I'm trying to chase the playing record of a player from perth that probably nobody remembers - Neil Bitmead. early 90's i reckon.

All Perth supporters, get on board this year.

Demons have recruited the following AFL players for this year: Leon Davis (all Australian 2011 Collingwood), Paul Bevan (Sydney Swans premiership player, left end of 2011), Alistair Smith (St Kilda 2011), Simon Tunbridge (GWS 2011, now West Coast Eagles), Brennan Stack (Western Bulldogs 2011), Llane Spaanderman (ex Brisbane and West Coast).

Add to this, Andrew MacDougall (ex West Coast, Western Bulldogs), Ross Young (ex Carlton, Sandover Medallist), Jared Kayler-Thomson (ex Hawthorn), Matthew Moody (ex Brisbane Lions), Fraser McInnes (just drafted by West Coast).

They have also recruited the Noakes brothers who played for East perth a couple of years back and had outstanding seasons in country footy last year. One of the brothers won a fairest and best at east perth only a couple of years back.

They then have a very fine group of developing young guys like Aaron Elari, Haydn Busher, Michael Florio, Joel Leeson, Joel Houghton (ex Fremantle), Brett Hodge, Drew Robinson, Matthew Rogers and Gaby Denton. These guys are not far off AFL standard and a couple were close to being drafted this year.

The club's management is now excellent led by Brian Leys and they have a full coaching panel which is doing a good job in improving the consistency of the players.

Demons will be a force in 2012!!!

All Perth supporters, get on board this year.

Demons have recruited the following AFL players for this year: Leon Davis (all Australian 2011 Collingwood), Paul Bevan (Sydney Swans premiership player, left end of 2011), Alistair Smith (St Kilda 2011), Simon Tunbridge (GWS 2011, now West Coast Eagles), Brennan Stack (Western Bulldogs 2011), Llane Spaanderman (ex Brisbane and West Coast).

Add to this, Andrew MacDougall (ex West Coast, Western Bulldogs), Ross Young (ex Carlton, Sandover Medallist), Jared Kayler-Thomson (ex Hawthorn), Matthew Moody (ex Brisbane Lions), Fraser McInnes (just drafted by West Coast).

They have also recruited the Noakes brothers who played for East perth a couple of years back and had outstanding seasons in country footy last year. One of the brothers won a fairest and best at east perth only a couple of years back.

They then have a very fine group of developing young guys like Aaron Elari, Haydn Busher, Michael Florio, Joel Leeson, Joel Houghton (ex Fremantle), Brett Hodge, Drew Robinson, Matthew Rogers and Gaby Denton. These guys are not far off AFL standard and a couple were close to being drafted this year.

The club's management is now excellent led by Brian Leys and they have a full coaching panel which is doing a good job in improving the consistency of the players.

Demons will be a force in 2012!!!

And Scott Seirkerka has also come out of retirement.

That's great news. I went to a function at the club at the end of the season and Jarrod Kayler Thomson said the players were trying to talk Siekerka into playing. Do you ever hear anything about Dean Dick? His dad was a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great news. I went to a function at the club at the end of the season and Jarrod Kayler Thomson said the players were trying to talk Siekerka into playing. Do you ever hear anything about Dean Dick? His dad was a gun.
Lazy, lacks motivation and dedication. The club bent over backwards for him when Essendon delisted him. Showed flashes of what he could do in Jarmans first year but looked like he was carrying a knee but could easily have been a strained heart muscle. Went walkabout for a year and walked back into the club during pre season 2011 with his hand out and once again the club went beyond the call of duty to try to help him out but won't get off his lazy fat arse.

Super talented footballer with the ability to still play AFL and dominate the WAFL but doesn't have 1/10th the determination his old man had.

His old man had a huge heart when he played for Perth. When the chips were down he would be the guy who would find something extra. He didn't seem to have the desire for AFL but he played his heart out for Perth. IMO he was in the top 3 players to pull on the guernsey since the last premiership.

I heard that Leon Davis is doing all the right things in terms of training etc. He looks like he would have the propensity to pork up if he stopped training. So that's good news

That's pleasing to hear FB, any chance of Leon taking on the Captaincy this year? Does anyone have any thoughts on who would make a good captain if not Leon? Does a youngster like Busher get a look in?

Just on Dean Dick his kick in skills were top notch, if you could have a dedicated kicker he'd be a damm good option.

Sounds like plenty of enthusiasm around the club and with supporters so hopefully they'll be a few bumper crowds

I'd love to see Leon take on the captaincy. Jared K-T would be another option as he's regarded as super-professional.

Dockersman dead right about Dean Dick. Don't think he'll be seen again. What a shame.

Ross Young should be our captain this year. Is a stand-out class player who leads by example and is highly respected and 2009 Sandover Medalist.

Perth recruits on Ten news last night.

[YOUTUBE]CdwJLP7EnXE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]

KT would be a great option as captain, great guy and well respected.

I'm not a Perth supporter, but I look forward to seeing how you blokes go, you have recruited very well to go with some good looking youngsters. Dean Dick played for Northam Railways the year he went 'walkabout', and while he was handy with the ball, lazy when he didn't have it and didn't have much of an impact even in that league, waste of talent.

Very disappointing WCE have pulled the plug on this Fridays game. Hopefully the club can arrange a suitable hit out so pre season planning isn't completely stuffed. I'd imagine the club would also be seeking some form of commercial compensation!!

I think the Eagles were scared to take on the mighty demons at the House of Pain (Lathlain). Don't blame them. I guess all the other WAFL teams already have something organized, so I guess another intra-club game is on the cards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back