Perth Demons Supporters Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Something good came out of the game at least. I think this is the biggest goal I've ever seen.

Gutted at present, set for failure once again...23 years now since last final isn't it? Have supported this team for 44 years since the hay day of the mid to late 70's but the last two decades has been especially hard .

Still in if the eagles lose to EF tomorrow.

I'll be keeping a interested eye on the FK count since one would imagine the WAFC would be keen for the eagles ressies to still be playing while the seniors are in the finals.

I just watched on Youtube West Coast versus Essendon pre-season from Lathlain Park. It was very weird. I kept thinking that the black-with-red-sash team was Perth FC on its home ground. Anyone else have that experience? i might become an Essendon supporter at this rate! And it was great to see a big crowd back in the old venue for a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus. Christ. I thought we'd blown that with the kicking. Nerves are shot.

Finals for the first time in 23 years, that's crazy.
Stocked you guys knocked the ferals out of the finals. Will feel bad next week after we knock you out 😉

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

Very happy for you guys. :thumbsu:

Its been a long time in the wilderness and therefore kudos to the faithful loyal fans, that have stuck true.

Oh and by the way a bonus for me is that your underdog win today: relegated East Perth and $ubiaco ... shunting them out of the finals, two teams that I detest the most in the WAFL.

Well done fellas and all the best in the finals.

Jesus. Christ. I thought we'd blown that with the kicking. Nerves are shot.

Finals for the first time in 23 years, that's crazy.
I’m a West Perth fan. And I won’t be upset if you guys win next week.

The full choke looked on, right down to kicking eight behinds in a row. Then the final twist.

I was there on Saturday, very happy for the club, big hangover on Sunday, was chatting to a SF fan who was also happy for the club, club rooms were overflowing for a couple of hours after the game.

They should beat WP - should have beaten them a month or so ago.

Perth fans, just curious: what are your opinions on the modern-day Lathlain Park post-redevelopment?
Positives and negatives, it's great that Perth now have better training facilities and will benefit from having professional Eagles players/administrators/coaches around. Not so good that it's not our ground anymore and much of the Demons stuff around the ground has been removed and replaced with Eagles stuff. They pulled some of the the big gum trees down too which I feel added something to the place. At least with the Eagles seconds in the reserves now an affiliation is unlikely. I would like to see them sell the ground to the Eagles and move a bit further south (Queens park reserve? Maddington?) and build a stronger South Perth/Canning following, because at the moment I don't think most people in the region even know that Perth is their team. I always fancied the "Perth Canning Redbacks" as a good name for a rebrand.

Goddam I'm looking forward to this Sunday. I get the feeling this could be a bit of a turning point in the clubs fortunes, but I feel that every year. I think it will at the very least get latent supporters out who I'm sure will be very vocal and really rev the team up. Go you Redlegs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back