Perth Drivers are absolutley s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Perths got just as many bad drivers as any other state in Aust but there's no doubt we have the most inconsiderate drivers in the country, by far!

Skills are definitely not an issue. Maybe some basic understanding (or revised interpretation) of the law. But being just plain inconsiderate and impatient is a real issue.

As I said over in the Perth thread on the general board, I use that road on a daily basis to get to work to avoid the freeway congestion. That whole area is prone to fog on a cold winter morning. Makes me mad to know I'm sharing that road with idiots like him.

+1 to Australians having some of the worst driving skills in the world. Driving through Europe is such a different experience on the roads. We are just lucky our roads are so big and safe relative to other countries - including simple things like ensuring sure cars are road worthy. I think that's half the problem, we have become so risk adverse and over governed that good driving skills almost seem unnecessary here (until something unexpected happens). That coupled together with our arrogance, especially in Perth since the mining boom started, and it's no wonder we have idiots doing stupid things like overtaking in fog. I am a big fan of defensive driving courses being compulsory for all Australian drivers. Surely a better use of all the speed camera revenue that could justify they do help save lives (albeit indirectly).

Sorry for the intrusion. But i do a few country runs early morning through Goomalling. The Fog is so thick you cant see 5 metres in front. Plus Goomallnig Rd is so narrow you quite often hit the gravel. Not the safest drive

It's weird how there's some stretches of road really prone to fog. Must be something to do with the local topography, like a depression or natural wind break or something like that which allows the fog to settle.

If I have to keep relying on work that requires a car in this city I will end up overseas. I get very pissed off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back