Perth Glory to play at Burswood Dome?

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope they don't play at the hockey stadium, not just because playing in a dome would be cooler, but because I really don't the facilities are there , but because it would be cheaper, I feel that is where the glory will be playing next year. At least i will be able to walk to the games :)

I would hazard a guess that if the Glory were to sign a lease on the hockey stadium, the facilities would be improved somewhat.

ffs they change ovals just as quick as the a league changes the amount of clubs that participate

um, they've played in the same the venue since 1996.

On a side note, got a letter today from the western force explaining the new renovations with some pictures. I can scan it and post it if you guys want.

um, they've played in the same the venue since 1996.

On a side note, got a letter today from the western force explaining the new renovations with some pictures. I can scan it and post it if you guys want.

wacca/subi.

they wanted to play games at the hockey stadium and now its burswood.

ffs they change ovals just as quick as the a league changes the amount of clubs that participate

Umm, no.

They have always had Perth Oval/NiB Stadium as their regualr home ground. They once or twice played finals at Subi, but that was back in the old NSL days.

They're only looking for a temporary home while NiB Stadium is being redeveloped. Burswood or the Hockey stadium will only be temporary for one season - might not even be a whole season. When complete it will be back to NiB Stadium on a permanent basis.

Umm, no.

They have always had Perth Oval/NiB Stadium as their regualr home ground. They once or twice played finals at Subi, but that was back in the old NSL days.

They're only looking for a temporary home while NiB Stadium is being redeveloped. Burswood or the Hockey stadium will only be temporary for one season - might not even be a whole season. When complete it will be back to NiB Stadium on a permanent basis.

It won't be a whole season, the stadium will be ready for the 2013 Super Rugby season, and the seasons cross over.

Ahh so good to see this bumped. Very nostalgic to see a post where I mentioned moving into on-campus housing when I'm not a month-odd away from graduating...

What was the status of NIB when the Glory played there during development? Was this the season when the new stand just had that big green tarp over it, and only the Family Stand was built (maybe even just the top or bottom half completed)? I remember this ludicrous idea of artificial tough, man I bet it would've sweltered there in summer...

I still think the Glory should have tapped into their northern suburbs pom-roots that season. Playing all their games at the Arena probably would have seen their attendances hit 10,000. A game at Leederville, one at Freo Oval, and another at Dorien Gardens would have been pretty cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back