Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
He is just a very average keeper IMO. Glued to his line, poor at set pieces, zero chemistry with his defense. No idea how good Tando is but maybe we should give him a go.
If Tando has anything going for him, it's athleticism. Something Reddy has zero of.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I might be in the minority but I really don't care about the ACL. Maybe that will change once Perth are in it but I've seen plenty of ACL matches pop up on Fox over the years and it's never really piqued by interest.
The Wanderers beating those diving Al-Hilal dickheads wasn't interesting?

If A-League teams actually did something at the ACL then there'd be interest.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
The Wanderers beating those diving Al-Hilal dickheads wasn't interesting?

If A-League teams actually did something at the ACL then there'd be interest.

Not really, no. Great achievement for them but I wasn't glued to my seat.

I don't think your average fan in Australia really cares about Asia at all. Or Africa, North America or even South America for the most part. People care about their local teams whether it's the A-League or whatever suburban team you play for, and they care about the big European leagues and the PL/EFL system. Man United playing a half arsed pre-season friendly will fill Optus Stadium. A competitive match against 8 time J-League champs Kashima Antlers (who would crush the A-League if they were in it) would probably generate as much interest as a third round FFA Cup fixture.

Just my 2c. I hope Perth make a real go of it and the public get on board, I just don't see it happening.

Who is going to go with the three ACL matches for $60 members sale?

I will be.

is that standalone or as an addition to membership?
will the shed be closed off for ACL games?

An addition to the membership. No idea yet on the shed and we probably won't know until nearer the first game.

I *think* AFC rules stipulate it needs to be all fixed seating - so unsure about the shed, which is a shame

They do state that but Pignata said a couple of months ago he has been speaking to the AFC and he is trying to get them to allow the shed.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
He is just a very average keeper IMO. Glued to his line, poor at set pieces, zero chemistry with his defense. No idea how good Tando is but maybe we should give him a go.

Jesus christ 'give tando a go'. How often do you actually watch the team.

65204150_10157491823258960_1358031249830051840_n.jpg

Back