Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta be honest, the more I hear about this deal, the less I like it.

I'm impressed how something that sounded dodgy to me when I first heard it, has somehow managed to get worse and worse since.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Popovic starting. Oh boy. The nepotism will only get louder. Why isn’t DAgostino starting? In form and important Asian Champions league game.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Played pretty well considering the oppo.

Franjic should've made more of that chance, at least get a shot away. Popa jnr was quite good i thought, didn't look out of place at all. Don't get the sooking about his selection personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Pretty happy with that. Obviously s**t to lose it late but we looked tight. Had some chances as well and will hopefully be better for the experience. Need to get some points from the Korean and Chinese sides to hope of progressing. Will be fun to see how we approach Tokyo at home as well.

I thought Poppa played his best game for us. Brimmer came on and played an atrocious pass which almost gave them a goal, but regained his composure after that. That kind of thing might suggest why he wasn't starting though. That said, we should use his strengths when he is on. Should have let him take those free kicks when he came on late which were both sent into the wall. Also frustrated by our constantly shitty corners. Why do we consistently play them out short when 70% of the time we just turn it over?

Otherwise I thought we were good. Defensive back three were very good. I'd probably rather Meredith than Kim, and would be good to get Juande back.

Great news. Had all the hallmarks of being a scam and I guess when news broke that legal action was being taken by a Saudi businessman against LFE that sealed the (non-)deal.

Surprised that Tony Sage allowed it to get that far. Some pretentious guy flaunting his 'wealth' and claiming it was from cryptocurrency? And you'd let him buy your club?

You have to be pretty desperate or a fool to even let the deal get that far, the guy couldn't even explain where the money would come from.

The deal didn't get as far as the LFE made out. Sage had said the whole time that nothing had been decided and he was doing his due diligence before coming to a decision one way or another.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The deal didn't get as far as the LFE made out. Sage had said the whole time that nothing had been decided and he was doing his due diligence before coming to a decision one way or another.

Didn't Perth announce they had an in principle agreement? That's certainly the impression the LFE had.. Even made him chairman

Didn't Perth announce they had an in principle agreement? That's certainly the impression the LFE had.. Even made him chairman

Nope. That was all Jim Aylward. It was Sage who then came out and said nothing has been agreed. Sage was announced as chairman of the LFE long prior to this saga.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Scam crypto company turns out to be scam crypto company. Shocked to be sitting here.

Their whole idea seems to be that you give them money for their magic tokens, then they use the money to buy football clubs and then they allow you to use your magic tokens at their football clubs.

They massively, massively overrate the value of their "ecosystem".

Back