Perth stadium claims more victims. Ground harder than the cricket pitch. Really!

Remove this Banner Ad

Four days at 40 degrees in December isn’t normal. Perth Average December maximum
is below 30c.

I spent the free day I got this weekend in or around water not in a concrete stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup good point

Mean max Dec temp over past 26 years = 29.1

Last year average was 29.6

This year only three days below 32.9 thus far, average 35.8 🌶

Its seems to be only the Victorians and a few AFL supporters that have issues with Perth Stadium actully.

Manchester United with their squad of players worth more than all the Victorians combined played two games in a week and praised the stadium.The rugy state of origin and the national union team packed the stadium with nothing but praise.Seems to be the only issues are VFL wads and their anxiety problems.But you know keep embarrasing yourselves its all good.
1576455282408.png

I went to the U2 concert the other week and the poor bastard in front of me was bouncing around on the turf most of the night, saw him leave with a bit of a limp in his walk at the end poor bastard.

Optus claims another victim
s**t, you know the surface isn't up to scratch when you miss 4-6 weeks from pulling an injury dancing to With Or Without You!

They should rename the ground "The People's Ground'
For someone who is adamant that Perth Stadium is a poor venue, you really are working (melting) hard in this thread.

It's just a stadium, experts have rated it the best in the world. It has its issues, all stadiums do. Seek help, it shouldn't be affecting you this much.

For someone who is adamant that Perth Stadium is a poor venue, you really are working (melting) hard in this thread.

It's just a stadium, experts have rated it the best in the world. It has its issues, all stadiums do. Seek help, it shouldn't be affecting you this much.
Just having a razz. It's fun riling you west aussies up about your precious stadium

Is your definition of soulless, clean, with world class facilities and a brilliant bar out front?

Then yes, its soulless.
Character = flawed.

If it's old, or rickety, or run down, if the toilets suck, if there are a whole bunch of seats you need to know to avoid, then it has character.

People pride themselves on knowing which toilets work, where to sit so you get a decent view, which bars you can get a beer at without waiting 40min. A stadium with lots of working toilets, where all seats are good, and with so many bars you don't need to queue long anywhere just takes all the fun out of it.

How do you feel superior, if Joe Schmo can walk in, knowing nothing, and have a good experience?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is funny. I've lived in every state and territory on the mainland over my journey, and I have both loved all parts of it... most of it for the marvel of how good a country we live in, but some WTF! moments because we live in such a great place and still * it up. And even they are fun things. Stories to tell the grandkids.

So what if Perth has a couple of tiny teething problems... they will work it out. We live in a first world clever country, and with that complexity mistakes are made, but with the brains we have to draw on they are, and will be, fixable.

We live in the best of all possible worlds - all of us. So if chanting my state is better than yours over some minor quibble is your thing, then have fun, but I feel sorry for you as you are not seeing the beauty of the forest as you are focusing on the weeds under the mighty trees.

Nothing to be insecure about. I'm allowed to have a view about the quality of a stadium's surface and atmosphere.

The atmosphere at the ground has always been terrific
Its definitely not a soulless stadium far from it, has a great feel to it feels very alive when there
40 degree weather will never help attendances, i know so many people who had tickets but didnt go because of the heat.

The stadium surface is a joke though.

I think the insecure comment comes from people thinking you have never attended the ground,
in person and are talking about the atmosphere at the ground.

That was a very silly comment by yourself considering the amount of praise the game has got this years for atmosphere.

The state of origin players and interstate traveler's raved over the atmosphere

The EPL games where huge as well as long with WCE and Freo games

So the evidence says you are very very wrong

Perth stadium already the best cricket wicket in Oz

Now we head off to the worse..Last shield game was called off after a couple of hours

MCG a national embarrassment
Its seems to be only the Victorians and a few AFL supporters that have issues with Perth Stadium actully.

Manchester United with their squad of players worth more than all the Victorians combined played two games in a week and praised the stadium.The rugy state of origin and the national union team packed the stadium with nothing but praise.Seems to be the only issues are VFL wads and their anxiety problems.But you know keep embarrasing yourselves its all good.
Now I understand you West coasters love to have a little sook about everything, but its embarrassing how defensive you seem to get. Take everything so personal. Its just a s**t stadium in the backward state you happen to live in is all, certainly not your back yard or anything. I preferred you Eagles supporters last year after you fluked a flag. Far too whingy nowadays.

Now I understand you West coasters love to have a little sook about everything, but its embarrassing how defensive you seem to get. Take everything so personal. Its just a s**t stadium in the backward state you happen to live in is all, certainly not your back yard or anything. I preferred you Eagles supporters last year after you fluked a flag. Far too whingy nowadays.
Pot calling the kettle black! Just go back to some of the Richmond supporters posts after their loss to the Pies in 2018 and blew their chance of winning the flag b2b.

Pot calling the kettle black! Just go back to some of the Richmond supporters posts after their loss to the Pies in 2018 and blew their chance of winning the flag b2b.
No doubt there would have been some disconnect within a small percentage of our supporters, every club has a few whingers, whiners and deniers. It's just that the percentage of those types are hugely inflated within the West Coast supporter group on bigfooty this season.

No doubt there would have been some disconnect within a small percentage of our supporters, every club has a few whingers, whiners and deniers. It's just that the percentage of those types are hugely inflated within the West Coast supporter group on bigfooty this season.
That would be a nice attempt at deflection from the behaviour of Richmond supporters on BF over the years, if only it wasn't so blatantly transparent.

You cannot call out a "small collection of Richmond supporters" and have anything else you said in the post taken seriously.

If you had said something like, I know the Richmond board is flog central, are WC supporters trying to copy us? That would have had a bit of bite.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Now we understand you Tigers supporters like to beat your chests and act like you are now relevant.

After decades of failure and spitting on your own players and coaches Richmond FINALLY achieve something..........with a healthy leg up from the umps in 2017 and the AFL in 2019.

You seem to be taking and making this very personal.

Richmond fans have become so arrogant and floggish I actually prefer Collingwood to win rather than Richmond. That's saying something.

Accuses us of being defensive, then says we have a s**t stadium and live in a backwards state.

A classy one this one. Should steal a glance in the mirror sometime mate, you may learn a thing or two.

Accuses us of being defensive, then says we have a s**t stadium and live in a backwards state.

A classy one this one. Should steal a glance in the mirror sometime mate, you may learn a thing or two.
He has major insecurity issues and is very anti West Aus (don't tell him where Rance comes from it'll destroy him!!)

He has major insecurity issues and is very anti West Aus (don't tell him where Rance comes from it'll destroy him!!)
I love WA. Thousand of square km's of SFA with a few nice coastal destinations like Monkey Mia and Fremantle. Freo supporters are great. I just don't enjoy listening to all you WC supporters. So hard done by. So disadvantaged. So sooky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back