Perth stadium claims more victims. Ground harder than the cricket pitch. Really!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I love WA. Thousand of square km's of SFA with a few nice coastal destinations like Monkey Mia and Fremantle. Freo supporters are great. I just don't enjoy listening to all you WC supporters. So hard done by. So disadvantaged. So sooky.

We understand as the club is so succesdful.

The Eagles dont get the leg up that other clubs get, especially the money generating Vic clubs.

You dont like hearing about that as it diminishes your success and enhances other clubs who dont get the leg up.

You like Freo because they havent won a flag and arent that successful yet. I wonder how much you'd like them when they have the same level of success as the Eagles.

Eagles supporter dont sook, or spit on their players. We do like pointing out the hypocracy of the AFL and the advantages the 'old boys clubs' get.

It does make success so much sweeter when you have to achieve it the hard way.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
No doubt there would have been some disconnect within a small percentage of our supporters, every club has a few whingers, whiners and deniers. It's just that the percentage of those types are hugely inflated within the West Coast supporter group on bigfooty this season.

Hugely inflated?

How did you come to that conclusion?

More likely linked to the massive increase in floggish Richmond ego's.

The behaviour of Tigers supporters is turning us to supporting Collingwood in neutral games. You make Pies supporters look like class acts.

Just think about that for a moment or two.

Built up a heap of respect for Collingwood and their supporters over the years. Richmond isnt even in the conversation.

Niggles

custom title:
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Hugely inflated?

How did you come to that conclusion?

More likely linked to the massive increase in floggish Richmond ego's.

The behaviour of Tigers supporters is turning us to supporting Collingwood in neutral games. You make Pies supporters look like class acts.

Just think about that for a moment or two.

Built up a heap of respect for Collingwood and their supporters over the years. Richmond isnt even in the conversation.
Wow. Are you suggesting that you have somehow built up respect for the Collingwood 'team', after they choked and let your supported team grab an extremely lucky Bradbury last year? :$

Before that, they were just another team with a s**t load of supporters for you to whinge to on bigfooty.

But lets go back to the Bradbury for a minute. (Your most recent) You guys still to this day go along with some charade that you respect Collingwood supporters.

Yet it's clearly because most of them are still embarrassed that they lost that one to an interstate minnow on their home deck, that they too, are going along with 'The best modern granny crap' Which in turn, you seem to have mistaken that and their now general submissiveness with some type of respect towards you and your team. :$

Very, very strange. If it wasn't so pathetic, i'd have brought it up earlier. I tend to tip toe around these issues as to not offend.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Wow. Are you suggesting that you have somehow built up respect for the Collingwood 'team', after they choked and let your supported team grab an extremely lucky Bradbury last year? :$

Before that, they were just another team with a s**t load of supporters for you to whinge to on bigfooty.

But lets go back to the Bradbury for a minute. (Your most recent) You guys still to this day go along with some charade that you respect Collingwood supporters.

Yet it's clearly because most of them are still embarrassed that they lost that one to an interstate minnow on their home deck, that they too, are going along with 'The best modern granny crap' Which in turn, you seem to have mistaken that and their now general submissiveness with some type of respect towards you and your team. :$

Very, very strange. If it wasn't so pathetic, i'd have brought it up earlier. I tend to tip toe around these issues as to not offend.

Interstate minow?:think: Pease keep posting, you are hilarious!

Yes there is mutual respect between two of the biggest, strongest and most professionally run teams in the country.

I TOTALLY understand why you simply dont get that.

I know plenty of Pies supporters and yes the closest and most entertaining grand final in recent history has both groups respecting the other. That Pies bloke who was abusing Sheed to put him off his kick only to begrudgingly give him the thumbs up after the kick! Class act. The exchanges here on BF between supporters post the 2018 GF. Very classy. We were just grateful we ended up with a nose in front. Could have gone either way with both teams deserving the win.

Go read how Richmond fans carried themselves after the two snorefest wins. Very little class shown. As you continue to demonstrate with every post. I look forward to your next reply to prove this yet again. Keep up the good work. :thumbsu: :)

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
As far as I am concerned if you support a team that isn’t West Coast, Richmond or Collingwood, you’re supporting a minnow. Hawthorn have a seat at the table depending on the strength of their side, but the rest fall into the bracket of who cares.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
As far as I am concerned if you support a team that isn’t West Coast, Richmond or Collingwood, you’re supporting a minnow. Hawthorn have a seat at the table depending on the strength of their side, but the rest fall into the bracket of who cares.

Big call.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
We offered to pay for the resurfacing ourselves but CA dont want to mess with the BBL schedule (fair enough).

And there lay the real issue. The stadium owners / operators refuse to fix the problem because of scheduling issues and money.

The issue can be fixed. The fat cats dont want to because it costs them revenue.

To bad to the players like Franklin and clubs like the Swans who lose a star for half a season due to injury. How many others will pay the Optus Stadium injury price.

Poor form all round.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Good to see a great day of cricket at the best cricket ground in the country. 75k in the crowd, good contest between bat and ball and picture perfect conditions.
The surface of that pitch looks a bit firm, should people be allowed to run on it if you cannot push your thumb an inch into the surface?

And there lay the real issue. The stadium owners / operators refuse to fix the problem because of scheduling issues and money.

The issue can be fixed. The fat cats dont want to because it costs them revenue.

To bad to the players like Franklin and clubs like the Swans who lose a star for half a season due to injury. How many others will pay the Optus Stadium injury price.

Poor form all round.

Sounds a lot like Docklands here.

Never really got 'fixed'...Just a few minor changes that made it a bit better, but it's still very firm.

People either used to it or tired of complaining (and the media got tired of reporting it).

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Somethings clearly not right. Too many players slipping over all the time on dry days and even just watching the way the ball bounces it's too firm for footy.

Maybe they were saving money, saving water, trying to keep the shaded area lush, trying to resist wear and tear from a busy season. Whatever it was they haven't got it right.

2 month gap between the last BBL regular season game and round 1 of the AFL season with only a Queen (or what's left of them) concert.

Enough time to scrap the turf and start again? Or hit it with the turf aerator and loosen it up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
More home game?
You get 11, with teams flying 3 hours west to arguably the biggest home ground advantage in VFL/AFL history. We only get 10, and they're at the most neutral ground in the comp.
Sorry to let basic facts utterly destroy your victim narrative. Seriously, any team with the sort of advantages your entitled mob get over the rest of the comp should be making the top 4 every year. The Saints would have won 6 Premierships since 1990 were they were in your shoes.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
You get 11, with teams flying 3 hours west to arguably the biggest home ground advantage in VFL/AFL history. We only get 10, and they're at the most neutral ground in the comp.
Sorry to let basic facts utterly destroy your victim narrative. Seriously, any team with the sort of advantages your entitled mob get over the rest of the comp should be making the top 4 every year. The Saints would have won 6 Premierships since 1990 were they were in your shoes.
The GF is played at your home ground as well as I don't know how many of your 'away' games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back