Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to see there is fabric covering the narrow triangular sections in between the main fabric panels in the foreground of this pic - the last few photos have been showing the covered sections on the city end without any cover between the fabric panels.

The greenish panel in the very bottom, centre - is that some possible sun blocking materiual that goes under the white fabric?

And has anyone thought about the gap between the roof and the vertical glazing that wraps around the top of the stadium 'wall' - wonder if any weather will get through?

I've been wondering that also, from what I can gather from the Renders and the glass that has been installed thus far. It appears it will remain open, although the height between the last row of seats and the where the glass ends appears to be enough to block out the rain unless it comes in at a very horizontal angle.
I think how it currently is configured is for ease of removing the roof for further expansion.

Why is this thing only 60k? Adelaide oval gets 50k reguraly, and has only had under 40k 15 times. If it was 80k they'd probably be able to get over 60k 20% of the time and it would make it truly possible for it to have the Grand Final rotating with 80k stadiums in WA NSW and Victoria. Upgrade Adelaide oval a bit and you'd get 70k and be able to hold it there too.
Because living in Perth is essentially a dance between people whinging there is nothing to do and whinging about money spent on things for them to do...usually by the same people, go figure that one out.

In Adelaide we have the "nooooo not my pretty trees" people holding up everything.
As well as "why aren't we spending that money on a hospital or paying off budget defecit?"

Um because in your household budget you spend money on going to the movies, why aren't you using that money to pay your mortgage? :rolleyes:

As well as "why aren't we spending that money on a hospital or paying off budget defecit?"

Um because in your household budget you spend money on going to the movies, why aren't you using that money to pay your mortgage? :rolleyes:

Probably the younger generation who will be left with the bill incurred by successive governments buying your vote.

Probably the younger generation who will be left with the bill incurred by successive governments buying your vote.
A well run stadia is an asset that makes money, a hospital is an asset that chews through money. So if future generations are concerned about paying off debt, they are concerned about the wrong asset.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Gotta say besides Melbourne, Perth is my favourite Australian city and I can only see this stadium enhancing that view. Can't wait to go over to suss it out.
Me too. Perth is no melbourne but its green, clean, watery surroundings above and beyond the other ozzy capitals. It's just a well spaced out city that has a real homely feel. And it's only getting better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is this thing only 60k? Adelaide oval gets 50k reguraly, and has only had under 40k 15 times. If it was 80k they'd probably be able to get over 60k 20% of the time and it would make it truly possible for it to have the Grand Final rotating with 80k stadiums in WA NSW and Victoria. Upgrade Adelaide oval a bit and you'd get 70k and be able to hold it there too.

You need to get your stadiums right - there is no stadium in NSW capable of holding over 50,000 for an AFL game.

Certainly none capable of hosting 80,000, and likely never will be.

The Perth Stadium will clearly be the nation's second biggest AFL capable stadium from 2018 and on.

You need to get your stadiums right - there is no stadium in NSW capable of holding over 50,000 for an AFL game.

Certainly none capable of hosting 80,000, and likely never will be.

The Perth Stadium will clearly be the nation's second biggest AFL capable stadium from 2018 and on.
Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2140
Capacity:
http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/venues/anz-stadium

According to the government, WA industry should be grateful they got the opportunity to erect it. How considerate of them, letting it be erected locally

The government said they ran an open tender and the local mobs weren't good enough. Instead lets just say **** it, and hand the contract to whoever has a shop in WA

Bridge should have been built in WA. What a joke.
The fact that it is obviously cheaper to build them in Malaysia and transport them here shows you how expensive it is to build anything in aus. Remember this is just a small part considering the whole stadium structure was manufactured in WA.

The government said they ran an open tender and the local mobs weren't good enough. Instead lets just say **** it, and hand the contract to whoever has a shop in WA
They should have erected it in Malaysia, would have been much cheaper.
Not sure of the logistics of getting to the footy from Perth via a bridge over a river in Malaysia, but at least the budget would look better.

They should have erected it in Malaysia, would have been much cheaper.
Not sure of the logistics of getting to the footy from Perth via a bridge over a river in Malaysia, but at least the budget would look better.

Well it's usually cheaper to get from Perth to Melbourne for the GF via Bali so...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back