Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder why the glass windows with reinforced steel needed to be erected the way it has? Subi doesnt use them so why this new stadium?
Subi had many things that no longer lived up to current standards, this being one of them

So is this glass pool fence restricting view if you’re in the first row of the top two tiers?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I didn't feel it was restricted (~183cm) but my friend who is probably 10cms shorter felt it restricted his view. His 5yr old wasn't too happy either.

For me personally I would barely notice it, particularly when you stop looking for it and are immersed in the middle of a match and a minor adjustment will allow you to follow the action.

Not sure what other options they had, maybe if enough people are unhappy they might be able to get a reclassification to restricted for the first row or 2?

I didn't feel it was restricted (~183cm) but my friend who is probably 10cms shorter felt it restricted his view. His 5yr old wasn't too happy either.

For me personally I would barely notice it, particularly when you stop looking for it and are immersed in the middle of a match and a minor adjustment will allow you to follow the action.

Not sure what other options they had, maybe if enough people are unhappy they might be able to get a reclassification to restricted for the first row or 2?
Yeah im a touch taller than you and yeah i dont think it would be an issue for me but could be if you are shorter. There are a couple of seats around each of the stairwells in the top tier that have a really restricted view because of the handrails etc.

View from the front row of Block 143. I'm 5'11 and the prison bars arent that bad.

3UPpvOI.jpg

FK5Z8Ss.jpg

GEwASPJ.jpg

View from the 2nd level
CngjiEh.jpg

View from the 3rd level. Stairs are nowhere as steep at the top level of the MCG.
AwerbHL.jpg

View of the city from the Sky Lounge
Duma30U.jpg

4l3tRkf.jpg

Last but most importantly the view from my seat higher up in 143

What time of day did you tale the shot from 143?
I'm in 148 to the right so looks like sunscreen is required

Interesting. Is it a case of just not seeing that boundary line closest to you? If so I’m not that fussed. I can kind of semi stand to see that.

I’d assume most stadiums have this issue with the front rows anyhow. Only difference is ours is glass not concrete with a metal bar across it

Interesting. Is it a case of just not seeing that boundary line closest to you? If so I’m not that fussed. I can kind of semi stand to see that.

I’d assume most stadiums have this issue with the front rows anyhow. Only difference is ours is glass not concrete with a metal bar across it
Without having lines on on the field it was hard to tell, but the back 5-10 rows of the top tier felt like a lot more than just the line would be missing. The closer to the front the more you saw, but then the front row has the glass problem. Rows 3-5 would probably be the best in the top tier.

Some of those restricted view shots are not great. Unforgivable design flaw in this day and age really.

Looks alot like etihad but will be interested to see how it presents on TV for the cricket on Sunday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What we needed framed glass windows that obstruct our view in front row seats?? Ok then...
No the people who built this stadium just felt like putting up barriers for the heck of it.
Do you think they put this stuff there just to annoy you?
This stadium was designed and built to current codes and standards, not those of when Subi was buult. Otherwise why move?

So is this glass pool fence restricting view if you’re in the first row of the top two tiers?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe not all, but at least some is restricted viewing.

We initially moved from row 18, block 521 to row 9, block 542 (more central, a little closer to the playing surface), knowing the stairwell was in front of us - which we thought would mean largely unobstructed views (sure, through the glass but so what? It's glass...).

The club phoned us a few weeks after we'd paid our deposit advising us that they'd toured the venue, and found the metal pipes were larger than the club had expected. The seats were being re-categorised as restricted viewing, and they offered us a change in location (which we accepted).

Any footage/views from down inside the rooms showing new player facilities ? Did they let anyone in there during the open day ?

March 25 Christening. Just 2 months away. After our shit start last year i doubt we'll be turning up just for the excellent catering.

Hope its a sunny day....there's just something about the eagles/swans guenseys on a sunny day that always looks fantastic. Gonna be huge.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-...he-house-doesnt-quite-ring-true-ng-b88721233z

1516620267025_GIH1E4117.2-1.jpg

Dockers fan Patrick Hall, a foundation member and City of Canning councillor, claimed he was never told his original seats had restricted views. The view from his $799 season seat in block 518 is partly blocked by a stair railing.

“You can’t see an entire third of the ground,” Mr Hall said.

“It’s not just us, anyone near any of those railings right around the ground will have the same view.”

He was also disappointed about the visual impact of the glass panels and metal supports which ring the stadium.

“Do you get to a point where you bring a squeegee and make sure you clean the glass every week,” Mr Hall said.

Mr Hall sits in a group of about 20 long-time supporters who have watched each other’s children grow up.

Clint Hemley was seated in the same row as Mr Hall, but even closer to the aisle and stairs.

Mr Hemley and his father travel 215km from Wickepin for Fremantle home games.

“You can’t see 50 per cent of the ground and for the rest of it you’re looking through a pane of glass,” he said.

“I’m 6’4” andI’d have to stand up to see the left hand side of it.”

Fortunately for the Halls and Hemleys, the club found them new seats yesterday afternoon.

Mr Hall said he was disappointed their group had been split up but grateful to the the club for finding an alternative.

sweet
cheers :thumbsu:
5 rooms, 3 briefing rooms, a room just to fill water bottles, even a battery charging room :eek:. 1.6m deep ice baths :sick:...makes me shudder.
Is it members only area where they watch the warmup thru the glass, and players go thru that area ? or likely family/friends as well in that area ?
Seperate permanent rooms for Freo and WCE by the looks, and one for the visitors.

Looks magnificent.
Spoilt brats.

Adelaide Oval had similar issues from memory, resulted in some aisles in the western stand being adjusted.
Yeah the western stand seating was aligned for cricket - every seat could see the pitch and majority of the field but you kinda want to see the goals for footy and that was the parts that people couldn't see before they realigned the bays in the north and south top sections.

what a balls up with the restricted viewing.
how hard would it have been for dockers, eagles, well actually, stadium officials to walk around the stadium and mark restricted viewing so they could be labelled as such on seating plans.

how hard would it have been for dockers, eagles, well actually, stadium officials to walk around the stadium and mark restricted viewing so they could be labelled as such on seating plans.

When there is a bad kick in you don't have to cover your eyes in horror.

Both clubs have been so lazy in its seating pricing structure. Would not have been hard to all to assign some of those seats at a lower grade or restricted view.

My parents are dockers members (god save their souls). I originally told them of some really stupid pricing and where to take advantage of it. They got Block 148 seats 1 and 2 for $339 each. I sat in that seat on the open day. Not bad. I also sat in the seat 2m to the left on the other side of the isle that cost $799.
I can tell you that seat 2m to the left was not a $460 better seat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back