PES 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

mike123 how is your ML going?

I am in into Jan of first season (moved up to superstar - it is brutal). Sitting on top only just.

Really need attacking reinforcements, and cover in the midfield. Going to try go for Golovin, and a winger. But it's proving tricky!
It’s going okay, I’m second 3 points behind Milan but I’m playing them now so I have a chance to to go ahead. Almost up to jan don’t really know who to buy yet. Need a back up left back but other than that all positions and backs up a filled and I’m not sure I can really upgrade them. I forgot what difficulty I was on but I slowed the game down, I feel like the players move more realistically. I think I’ll just keep experimenting with the current squad and do my main buys in the next transfer window.

The option files are a game changer. I started a new ML with Cardiff after I installed the OF due to adding the Bundesliga and the kits look amazing. First time I've ever paid too but was only $18. Worth supporting the team who make them as they do an awesome job.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It’s going okay, I’m second 3 points behind Milan but I’m playing them now so I have a chance to to go ahead. Almost up to jan don’t really know who to buy yet. Need a back up left back but other than that all positions and backs up a filled and I’m not sure I can really upgrade them. I forgot what difficulty I was on but I slowed the game down, I feel like the players move more realistically. I think I’ll just keep experimenting with the current squad and do my main buys in the next transfer window.
Nice.

I was on superstar but it's just ridiculous. The computer just keep possession and pass it around in the backline a lot. It got really frustrating and unenjoyable. I couldn't get the ball. They were having 50-60 passes more than me most games and dominating possession. Dropped it back down to top player.

I am up to Feb. I signed Golovin, Ndidi, Pellegri and Lobato.

I highly recommend you sign A. Lobato. Made up player, but 74 rated 18 year old SS. He's free too.

Sold Mustafi, Xhaka and Ozil too thank Christ.

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Luiz Tierney
Ndidi
Kessie----Golovin
Pepe---------------------Auba
Laca​

Guendouzi
Torreira
Lobato
Nelson
AMN
Pellegri
Ceballos

Willock
Upamecano
Martinez
Holding
Chambers

So decent midfield depth to cover players out of form (the arrow thing is SO stupid). I also rotate depending on who I am playing, if I need strength, Torreira, Ndidi and Kessie start. Pellegri adds a different option up front. Lobato is fast so great to inject him into a game late on. Has about 7 goals in 9 games or something.

Gonna go all out for some wingers next season, and upgrade my CBs.

Nice.

I was on superstar but it's just ridiculous. The computer just keep possession and pass it around in the backline a lot. It got really frustrating and unenjoyable. I couldn't get the ball. They were having 50-60 passes more than me most games and dominating possession. Dropped it back down to top player.

I am up to Feb. I signed Golovin, Ndidi, Pellegri and Lobato.

I highly recommend you sign A. Lobato. Made up player, but 74 rated 18 year old SS. He's free too.

Sold Mustafi, Xhaka and Ozil too thank Christ.

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Luiz Tierney
Ndidi
Kessie----Golovin
Pepe---------------------Auba
Laca​

Guendouzi
Torreira
Lobato
Nelson
AMN
Pellegri
Ceballos

Willock
Upamecano
Martinez
Holding
Chambers

So decent midfield depth to cover players out of form (the arrow thing is SO stupid). I also rotate depending on who I am playing, if I need strength, Torreira, Ndidi and Kessie start. Pellegri adds a different option up front. Lobato is fast so great to inject him into a game late on. Has about 7 goals in 9 games or something.

Gonna go all out for some wingers next season, and upgrade my CBs.

I bought FIFA for PS4 but seriously considering getting this on PC.
Worth it?

Finally I got the game but to be honest, it's a bit disappointing.
Maybe I'm just too used to FIFA, but even though there are some great aspects to this game, it feels really broken.
I will admit I'm probably not too used to it as well as being more FIFA these days, but it feels more off than FIFA does.
The build-up to goals is great, the little details when fouling is great, menus are solid as well.

I wrote a big write up but it's pretty much me coming off as whinging so I'll just quickly point out what I don't like and what I'm having trouble with.

- Refs. Awful, worst refereed game I've ever played out of any sports game. Will call the slightest touch against you but let the AI get on with anything (to be fair, I get annoyed so I just hack people from behind after a while and amazingly I get a yellow)
- Passing - very hit and miss, some magnificent ones and some just go the opposite direction you push and cost you a goal. I definitely keep a lot of things in mind such as the passer of the ball, time of the runs, how long to hold pass, pressure put on etc. The great passes are better than the best passes in FIFA but the simple passes are worse than simple passes in FIFA (pretty much means I tend to turn over the ball from simple passes far often than I would on FIFA).
- AI dribbling and ball control is out of this world, very hard to try to be patient because they make each player look like Iniesta and they just glide through you. In the end, I can't defend too well as a result of this and a few other things combined.

Overall, what's really keeping me involved are the few brilliant aspects as well as it's making it a challenge for me. There are games I definitely should have lost but kept in there. I only play this on regular so it's crazy to see how good the AI is on this difficulty, considering I play Legendary now on FIFA and I don't have much trouble at all. I'm sure if I switched to this game and gave it much more time it would be enjoyable and a few of these aspects would be easier to overcome, but that would take quite of bit of time and I'm not convinced I'd want to switch just yet. I always found Pro Evo more realistic and rewarding than FIFA but this year's edition is more frustrating than anything. I can see why people usually stick with FIFA or Pro Evo and why each side is loyal to their game.

Tried to slim it down but it ended up being a somewhat long whinge anyway, my bad.
It will eventually become much better and I need to be patient, but the issues are those issues that can zap enthusiasm.

The international break *s you up if you’re not a manager of a national team.

Just got a PS4 and I’m downloading PES rn. Can anyone give me some advice on option files?

Back on this again.

Transfer window Jan second season - want some good creative young midfielders - anybody got any tips?

Got a fee agreed for Arthur from Barca but I am a bit indifferent about him.
Sandro Tonali if you want a DM to play it out the back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I’m not sure how the potential system works in the PES but I’d imagine there’s fair bit of scope for that to improve.

I like how every player has a unique playstyle but I think play styles should work similar positions. Every player should have an abc on every play style and it should take forever to change play styles in master league.

I like how every player has a unique playstyle but I think play styles should work similar positions. Every player should have an abc on every play style and it should take forever to change play styles in master league.
There's so much good about the game, but still so many broken things.

Also wish you could change licensed kits or have the option to add more kits. Only being able to add one kit to licensed teams kinda sucks. I almost wish Juventus wasn’t fully licensed because I hate all their kits this season. The face scans are good though.

I bought PES 19 to customise Juve more but the updated face scans in 2020 look so good and the gameplay is also allot better.

mike123 don't know how much this will interest you, but I started again in ML.

I got sick of the settings I had in my previous file in terms of transfers, so I started again entirely. I didn't like my squad too much either.

I gave myself the highest amount of funds, and made transfers easy. I was given over a billion pounds lol, so it's literally just sign who I want. Which I prefer. So I went to town. I would have spent in excess of 500m, largest buy was Havertz at 98m.

In came
Donnarumma
De Sciglio
Dias
Umtiti
Romagnoli
Luis
Kondogbia
Aouar
Goretzka
Asensio
Havertz
Sancho
Brandt

Out
Xhaka
Mustafi
Chambers
Willock
Ozil
Martinelli (loan)

Donnarumma
Bellerin Dias Umtiti Tierney
Goretzka Torreira
Havertz
Pepe------------------Brandt
Auba
Asensio
Sancho
Aouar
Kondogbia
Lacazette
Guendouzi
Luis
-
Leno
De Sciglio
Sokratis
Romangoli
Luiz
Kolasinac
Ceballos
Saka
Nelson

Chemistry is pretty rubbish right now because of all the sales but it will improve with time.

Geez that’s some depth there! Any plan on what the quad will look like in the future.

I’ve just started my 50th new career mode although I barely get past the first season because I spend too much time tweaking ratings to make sure the top teams stay on top, tweaking opposition team tactics so teams feel different to play against and made most Serie teams defence more compact so games against them feel different to game against a premier league club ect.

I also added Palermo to Serie A and gave them a bunch of semi decent free agents. Seems to be allot of Brazilian free agents with faces.

Also messed around with the youth players and made more Italians and changed the faces ect.

Also filled out the roster of of some clubs like Chelsea, Calagliari and Sassuolo so players like Morata, Barella and Sensi don’t return there.

I think I’m finally set so I’ve completed a season and made the following changes.

Out:
Higuain
Rabiot
Ramsey
Danilo
Khedira
Pianic
Szczesny
Costa
Demiral (Loan)

In:
Icardi
Ndombele
Van Da Beak
Verratti
Kulusevski
Kean

Some Japanese bloke from Ligue 1 who can play RB, CB and LB. Got him on loan just to cover those spots if there’s and injury.
I think youth players cover the rest of spots off the top of my head.

Merret
De Sciglio - Bonucci - De Ligt - Sandro
Ndombele - Bentancur - Verratti
—————— Dybala —————-
Icardi - Ronaldo

back up team.

Buffon
Cuadrado - Rugani - Chiellini - Bernadeschi
Van Da Beak - Youth Player - Matuidi
——————- Kulusevski—————-
Youth Player - Moise Kean

Higuain was beast for me with false 9 advance tactics but I wanted to invest in a younger striker who was better in the air. Icardi so far is ok. Gets onto a few chances and occupies defenders for Ronaldo but false 9 doesn’t work with him.

Ndombele is probably my second favourite transfer of all time. Counting all my career modes in pes and fifa. Ronaldo on a free on fifa 14 was my favourite. Is quick strong good enough defensively and physically to win the ball back. One of my favourites to use.

Wasn’t planning on selling Ramsey as he was my first off the bench for the midfield and a good late game sub when I need more attacking flair but Arsenal offered 40mil for him for some reason.

wasn’t planning on selling Szczesny either but Barca paid a high price for him.

Verratti is good for me I buy him every career mode though. Van Da Beak has been meh for me so far but it’s only the start of the season so he’s still got time. Maybe it’s a chemistry problem I still don’t know how that mechanic works but first game he just kept running into Dybala’s space and getting into his way.

Pjanic is a player I like using but he’s not strong enough defensively in a system where Dybala drops back into the midfield to defend. So I used Bentancur at CDM instead and I converted him to an orchestrator. I find that’s the only good CDM play style for me. Anchor man just doesn’t do it for me. They’re just too useless in the build up for me. Don’t create enough passing lanes or present themselves as a passing option enough. Box to Box and Destroyer they go to far forward.

And surely Sancho plays over Pepe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back