News Peter Bell, Radio Interview, 08/07/2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

Also sounds like Bell is firmly in the same camp as Ross for all those hoping this might be a catalyst for a sacking.

Actually, Belly used an awful lot of Rossisms (never as good/bad, hard review) in that interview. Think he might have him under his spell...
He's in on the plan. Even talking up Crowden doing good work over the ball meanwhile his man Shuey ran off with it kicking it inside fifty.

Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.
Really bland interview, I think. I realise that there is not going to be a lot that can be said, but describing our problem with scoring as ‘connection with the forwards’ is just glossing over our complete inability to establish forward line structures.

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
Really bland interview, I think. I realise that there is not going to be a lot that can be said, but describing our problem with scoring as ‘connection with the forwards’ is just glossing over our complete inability to establish forward line structures.
I get where your coming from but I think the comment was balanced by saying our structure down forward is compromised at the moment due to new players and injuries to key ones.
However our 'system' up forward needs some new/fresh thinking. A good system should support different players assuming the same roles and it not falling apart completely.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

We haven't had the same guys play in the fwd line for how many weeks? It has been a combination of Tabs/Hogan/Cox/Mccarthy/Lobb all year.

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
We haven't had the same guys play in the fwd line for how many weeks? It has been a combination of Tabs/Hogan/Cox/Mccarthy/Lobb all year.
Lobb has rucked most of the year for starters. Hogan had the longest run. There hasn't been much continuity and when there was we were playing good football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thank God Bell is there though, so much better than bond. He has to take responsibility of turning around the culture

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Yes, I felt the same, came away quite nonplussed. 🤔

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
What's our win/loss with both Hogan and Tabs out of the team?

With neither of them:
P2 W0 D0 L2 so 0%

With both of them:
P8 W3 D0 L5 so not great (37.5%) with both of them either...

That means with just one of them:
P5 W4 D0 L1 (80%)

Unless my maths is off and/or I've missed a game where both/neither/one of them played

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back