Opinion Peter Bell - Should get a raise?

ROGS

Senior List
Jun 4, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
What's the point of having scouts, recruiters, list manager if the head of football just picks who he wants? Seems very unlikely to me, more likely you are full of hot air.
You are kidding he is in charge of all these people and would have a big say in the type of player we take Maybe you are one of the said recruiters as you dont seem to have a clue or a brain

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
1623065070556.png

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Just one more comment Bell made on 6PR tonight on why we didnt go into the MSD as all the players we wanted would have been gone. Just wondering when we have Crowden, Switta, Shultz, Walters, Henry and Colyer all 1.79m or less in our forward line why there is no spot for a Matthew Parker at 1.9m yet Richmond at pick 10, 2 spots below us decide he is a good fit. When Langdon tonight asked Bell which of the MSD players would likely play Bell mentioned Parker so he acknowledges he will probably play for the best side in the comp in the last 5 years but not good enough to get into a team that hasn't played finals in 5 years! If Belly fails there is always politics I guess.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Just one more comment Bell made on 6PR tonight on why we didnt go into the MSD as all the players we wanted would have been gone. Just wondering when we have Crowden, Switta, Shultz, Walters, Henry and Colyer all 1.79m or less in our forward line why there is no spot for a Matthew Parker at 1.9m yet Richmond at pick 10, 2 spots below us decide he is a good fit. When Langdon tonight asked Bell which of the MSD players would likely play Bell mentioned Parker so he acknowledges he will probably play for the best side in the comp in the last 5 years but not good enough to get into a team that hasn't played finals in 5 years! If Belly fails there is always politics I guess.
Very strange decision.
It has come back to haunt them very quickly.

sumavich

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Belly could always go to Carlton.
Oh no, Ross will be there.
Not on footy classified tonite.
That’s where cerra could end up too!

ROGS

Senior List
Jun 4, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lot more hate for Bell than the previous list managers + recruiters, why?
Maybe we are all sick of finishing bottom 5 whilst the mob up the road seem to continue to make better player choices and bully us in the derbies What hope do we have against them when we meet again later in the year
Somehow they managed to take two picks (might be duds but cost them very little to find out) whist Bell thought our list was so good it could not be improved,so not one player in all the state leagues aust wide could add something to our list or help cover injuries Sorry but results and procedures under Bell over the past 3 yrs show no real improvement The MSD is perfect example of lack of forward thinking and some dare/flair
I had high hopes when he started he would be our saviour but not seeing it

Ausbenito

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mind boggling decision not to take a player in mid season draft? What is going on there not one player in the WAFL worth trying out?

Ausbenito

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wish I had a time machine so I could go back to 2010 and sack Lloyd on the spot for not drafting Darling. Maybe had we done that we'd have picked up one of Yeo, Hamling or Hill instead of Forster (1 game) in 2011.

Bell has obviously not yet delivered, but I feel when it comes to list management we are the degenerate gambler chasing his losses. The mistakes made a decade ago leave us shorthanded, so we try to patch them up with ever more ludicrous trades (eg McCarthy and Hogan).

Yes Lloyd made some very average decisions on the draft table we are still paying for how is he going at Carlton?

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Belly could always go to Carlton.
Oh no, Ross will be there.
Not on footy classified tonite.
That’s where cerra could end up too!
Doubt it Ross stuck him at half back 90% of the time. Would most likely go to Richmond for 2 first rounders or something.

Back