News Peter Bell - Snr Football Operations

Remove this Banner Ad

If by hospitality you mean his bars/restaurants he was (is?) an investor rather than hands-on manager. And did they do/are doing as well as is alleged? I've heard conflicting reports.
He was a client of mine for several of them and he was pretty hands on. Not sure I want to share much but I'm happy with this appointment.

Belly is a great choice and a smart cookie who will stand up to RTBoss and set us on the path to early finals....

On the downside our Freo one per center in the West aus media is leaving.. we now have to put up with 100% WC dribble crap vomit inducing garbage by the smarmy co@@smacks at 7,10, PR and West

Surely thats conflict of interest if the board pushed bond. Abc will be spewing....
Don’t see how this can be a conflict of interests? Bond actively sought the Carlton job won by Lloyd with the club’s blessing. He obviously was looking for change and may have decided of his own accord that the time is right for him to do it now. The agreed departure date in November,ever and a comprehensive handover plan suggests this was an amicably agreed arrangement.

For all you know Bell may have recused himself from any discussions at Board level if the actually took place...

Exactly.

I'm very excited at the potential of this. Quality character and highly educated with a lot of experience in the industry.

I like to think Bell has the best intentions of the club at heart BUT is also professional and has the balls to make the hard calls . I certainly think he can fulfill this role.

Is this one of the planks that must be laid so that the club can finally awaken to the powerhouse of Freo football? I hope so.

Calling people reactionary for thinking Ross Lyon is not up to the job anymore undermines any genuine attempt to have a discussion on the matter.

Ross Lyon's record in the last three seasons speaks for itself. I think a genuine search must start to replace him. The tactics do not stand up to the better teams and he seems unable or unwilling to change. The last straw for me was when he said "didn't see that coming" after the Geelong massacre.

If the club does not seriously look at replacing him this post season next season will just be another waste.
Gee I am tired of every thread descending into a discussion that is either for or against Ross. How about we just look at the Peter Bell appointment without hitting the I still think Ross is crap button!

He already talks to him, they have short conversations
Haselby indicated on Monday that last Friday before Neale headed off to Brisbane that Rosich and Bell met up with Neale. This was repeated again last night by Karl Langdon.

Ever since Bell has been very confident in getting Neale to extend his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why folks are getting so excited about this!? Belly is an alright bloke albeit with a huge ego. I went to school with him and have had on and off dealings with him over the years.

But...how much executive management does the bloke have? What type of direct leadership experience fills his CV? How much time has he spent in a high level management position with large numbers of employees to manage. The answer is almost nill.

You don’t just wake up one day with all the tools required to cut it as an executive manager in a high performance organisation.

I’m not saying that this won’t work, and if it’s true then I hope it does, but it’s absolutely a gamble. I personally would like to see the club pursue an experienced senior leader with runs on the board at an AFL club. Say Neil Balme as an example.

A little be the same. Like you, I have now fairly distant connections to Peter and have high regard for him, so nothing personal at all. I also think he has all the potential to grow into such a position but, at the same time, if we didn't hunt hard for a candidate, as you say, with that sort of managerial experience etc., this potential appointment might be a bit short sighted (insert short joke here). Of course, that sort of manager being out there and available is not all that likely, they don't grow on trees.

All in all, if it is true, I'm happy with it.

Surprisingly not sure how I feel bout this. Not sure he’s got the managerial bit down but he obviously knows footy.

He’ll tear shreds off Crumpet and Hackdorn hopefully. Also help Freo not to play the victim card but to ensure we’re treated with respect..
Aren’t Crumpet and Hackdorn the same person?

A little be the same. Like you, I have now fairly distant connections to Peter and have high regard for him, so nothing personal at all. I also think he has all the potential to grow into such a position but, at the same time, if we didn't hunt hard for a candidate, as you say, with that sort of managerial experience etc., this potential appointment might be a bit short sighted (insert short joke here). Of course, that sort of manager being out there and available is not all that likely, they don't grow on trees.

All in all, if it is true, I'm happy with it.

Yea I agree with this. I just wonder whether we tried to see whom was interested and didnt see anyone suitable or whether we just jumped at Belly.

This also depends upon the time frame for Bond deciding to leave.

This is a man who had an unusual upbringing as a South Korean kid growing up in country wa, a man who was told he was too slow to play afl..then continued over east collecting two premiership medals and unlucky not to win the norm smith, a gentleman who didn’t want to be captain but was basically forced as he was our only A grader and a leader of men, a champion who was only 3 votes shy of collecting Freos first Brownlow in 03 and along with Pav kept us in the Preliminary in 06 kicking 3 from the midfield in a brilliant display. Yeah it’s fair to say he’s got the footy credentials and the business credentials to go along with it.

Hasn't had too much to do with the club over the last 10 years, he's mostly been doing his own thing, so it's not as incestuous as it might seem. He should bring a new and fresh perspective hopefully. I'm stoked with this
Belly has been on the Dockers Board for the past 2 year's s and he is the member appointed Director

I was that person that actually thought the club was a directionless steaming pile of a cow pattie less than 10 hours ago... nek minnit Cerra re-signs and Bell is reported as being new Football Manager. Turns out there seems to be have been a plan all along. Stupid me listening to too many hack journos.
Wally get back to painting that
wall and let the Cobblers do the cobbling ha ha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back