Peter Casey runs for RFC board

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry this is a bit of an omnibus posting...

I did not say I would go against confidentiality. I said I would argue to be transparent and have more information available to the members. If I voted to keep something within those four walls, I would follow through on that. If I disagreed, I would not consider myself bound (unless it was a clear stipulation in the Board codeof conduct)

As noted, she must stand down AT the board meeting. Timing is not clear, although 8.1.18 says "...after...". Further 8.1.17 states that "...Appointed Director shall be appointed by the Board no later than ninety days after the [AGM]..."

Is appointing a director before the AGM stepping outside the constitution?

As Simon states, we've both been pretty active elsewhere.

And now that the race is run, and final acceptances are in, I would like to thank all who actively participated in this discussion. It has been enlightening! Gotta love passion of the supporters!

So you're bound by confidentiality, unless you disagree?

Sorry this is a bit of an omnibus posting...

I did not say I would go against confidentiality. I said I would argue to be transparent and have more information available to the members. If I voted to keep something within those four walls, I would follow through on that. If I disagreed, I would not consider myself bound (unless it was a clear stipulation in the Board codeof conduct)

As noted, she must stand down AT the board meeting. Timing is not clear, although 8.1.18 says "...after...". Further 8.1.17 states that "...Appointed Director shall be appointed by the Board no later than ninety days after the [AGM]..."

Is appointing a director before the AGM stepping outside the constitution?

As Simon states, we've both been pretty active elsewhere.

And now that the race is run, and final acceptances are in, I would like to thank all who actively participated in this discussion. It has been enlightening! Gotta love passion of the supporters!

Hope you and Simon both get up and make the board better

Kerry Ryan and Emmett Dunne were both re-elected, bad luck guys.

it will be interesting to see what the numbers are

big thanks to Wallace and Casey for running too. whether you agree with them or disagree with them, its great some genuine options were presented to members to have a choice - rather than none at all, or a complete joke like FoF

We have come a long way from the days of Anthony Mithen getting on the board because no one else could be ****ed

Kerry Ryan and Emmett Dunne were both re-elected, bad luck guys.
Am pleased that Dunne got voted on as we need a football person, has a different background and skill set and highly respected. I feel he was always going to get voted and as such only really one position vacant. Disappointed for peter & Simon and applauded them for having a crack with good intentions. Thanks guys. Good luck to Kerry and for those that didn't vote - don't complain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea how

As I've said previously, the forums have rarely followed the form of the general membership when it comes to AGM/EGM votes

The forums were huge fans of the Macek ticket, and it was almost universally expected that they would romp through for the win. Same with a lot of the AGM candidates since (Rex has been the only independent to win his way onto the board).

Just IMO, but RFC members tend to be very conservative, and much more reluctant to make board level change than people on the forums or talk radio.

using a poll of one (i know i know), talking to my old man today, I asked him if he had voted and who for. he said he hadn't thought much about it, but the board have rebuilt the club a lot in the last 10 years, and he was happy enough to keep backing them in. He hadn't read any of the briefs, and didn't listen to any of the radio talk, so I don't think he was looking for change. as i said though, a poll of one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back